Reply
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

 analogy . i was   stating  alot people go album release parties or club  parties. shows a etc. and ablum is sold higher. . . som folk come arcoss the  country  just to be there.. I dont how hard that to figure outm nothing gem about it,.

 

 And i dont care  about your opinion of  who you  think im am or what i am In life .  my  mother gave  me a name and i did  a dam  good job with  it!!. why  dont do the same  with yours instead  take jabs.  btw let keep it on topic m before  you get your feeling hurt in here.


Because I wasn't talking about your name...

 

Christ you can't ever keep any story straight. How old are you? 12?

 

You can TRY to hurt feelings in here.... but all you'll end up doing is hurting yourself due to public humiliation. which might actually do some good since it'd mean we won't have to read your useless drivel.


Wait. McButtz is a real name?!? This just keeps getting better and better...


 Did your mother help you with that one  or  are you just that   stupid to  think  mcbuttz78  is real person name. I think  your mom know s better to teach  one lol .  So  i guess  it come from you  yourself which is a dam shame i may add.. ..  and you can do better or we can hope so for your own sake.


Well lets see... You are the one stating about something about your name, and (not surprisingly) no one knows what you are talking about. I was just joking about that BTW. 

 

I know that wasn't your name when you told me earlier that you got that name because you are known to pull information "out of your but". I completely agree Smiley Tongue

 

IMO your handle is probably the worst I have ever seen, someone that calls himself McButtz certainly doesn't inspire confidence!

Message 121 of 152 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/17/2011
Offline
85 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 6, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

duckley wrote:

I am not sure  I understand how this would benefit Sony. Do game publishers benefit at all from re-sales? At any rate, if Sony goes ahead with this, I will turn to Xbox. When  and if Xbox  follows suit, I guess I am stuck. I will be forced into buying fewer games - so not sure I understand how game developers will feel about this.

 


Microsoft was rumored to be working on this a year ago;

 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-xbox-to-play-blu-rays-block-used-games-report-6349165

 

If one person doesn't buy as many used games, it's win for them because they see more NEW sales. Here's the thing; if you like a game publisher, and you like the work they do, why wouldn't you want to support their work by buying new? And I don't buy into this whole argument of "well if I buy a used game I might buy the next one new", because honestly you won't.


The dynamic you are missing is that if people can only buy games new at 70 bucks a pop ( if the current trend of  rasing the price 10 bucks per generation continues) then people will only buy games that they know are good. We will get no more games coming out of "left field" being spread by word of mouth because people wouldn't want to risk being stuck with a 70 dollar coaster that they couldn't get rid of. IF this goes through the only games that will sell will be the yearly sports titles, COD games, and some of the more established triple AAA titles ( Halo, God of War, etc.)

Message 122 of 152 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
1799 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

The Car Anology you are talking about... Makes no sense, because you are talking as if this can't happen... 

I'm not trying to say that it can, i'm stating the What If Anology... 

 

Your talking about laws & stuff that can Prevent this stuff, but your not adding the fact that what if there was a Loop whole in those Laws so maybe there isn't or maybe there is, the point is, it's a what if anology... There is no Facts, because we aren't talking about Facts... 

 

---------------------

 

I agree with the Cloud, & stuff, because well... They even updated to make it so the Cloud is now under the word Copy, which will probably eventually be a Requirement... Which I pray will not be... (I'm refering to Game Saves Under PS3 Saved Games)... 

 

I'll ignore the next part, & for your Reply about Selling Games to Game Stop, I never sold anything to Game Stop, 

because I refuse to sell something to them for practically nothing in Return... 

 

As for, you stating that I don't sell Games by myself, you should really know the person, 

before making assumptions, I sell Copies of Games I own... Don't ask me why I own Copies of Games, I just do... 

 

You'll be back? You just keep telling yourself that... Just because most people would come back, don't mean I will... 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

 

Someone Replied about Sony not failing, that something about 007: Sky Fall, or something along those lines was their Reply, but 

I was actually going to Comment, & say that, don't forget if this goes through... 

 

Blue Ray is already starting to kill DVD's off the Market, it hasn't yet, but if it does, whats from stopping Sony from making the move to Blu Ray's Next... 

 

As someone said before, a New Disc for ever Blu Ray Player in the House... 

 

-------------------

 

Lastly, Game Stop is not the Target here, CD's are the Target... They want to Wipe them out entirely... !@_@!

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
.......................
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!


Get Your Portable ID!
Message 123 of 152 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 7, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
gR3yGh051 wrote:
mcbuttz78 wrote:
gR3yGh051 wrote:
Leviathan_502 wrote:
this is not a smart move and the few people out there who support this need to think for a moment. devs only make X amount of new titles. can you find a new copy of (EXAMPLES) "the darkness"  "star ocean: the last hope"  "marvel UA?"  you might be able to online for more than what the retailed for. if its a used game how is it taking away from a dev when they already made that money on a game? its called business. i should be able to sell what i have bought to any one.  to me sony is making their own noose. and to all the people that said they would switch to xbox guess what? they're doing the same.Its called "loss of potential sales"..... How many copies do you think become sold to another person for a given title? 100k? 500k? What if those copies had a licensing issue where if it was to be sold, the new user would have to give up $5 or $10 or whatever amount they charge, to those used titles? That would mean they are making $2 million on the 100k used copies for a $20 used-game-license.

You're right, it IS business. When it takes MANY millions of dollars to produce a game, and theres never a guarantee of the games' success, putting in a sort of a Royalty type system for used games, puts a guarantee that any copy that is sold used, puts some money back into the hands of the publisher/developer.-    i dont think it can be done,  what your tlking is  alot of lawsuits from past sales. I dont it worth  the hasle or could be done 
This is something that shouldn't be done by the console developer, but by the game developers themselves. One can argue that this live and let live/die and let die type of deal we have right now works, but what about the WHAT IF factor?
WHAT IF, Zipper Interactive was given another chance, by sheer financing, to make another GOOD Socom game?
Or what about the many small upstart developers that close its doors within a year or two of starting on a game, because they can't find the financing/investors needed to finish the game? Think about the many po tential great games the public has missed out on, because there was enough money circulating from previous sales. Zipper was given  alot of chances,  they where never profitable to sony. it bad buisness to  good  money  behind  wasted money. I  agree they could have demoted them to psvita dev  or psn dev. But what done is done. It sad to  see.The first 3 Socom games were the best made by Zipper.... it wasn't until COD4:MW that Zipper was FORCED to try new things to bring more people to play Socom games, and it backfired on them. This is why Zipper wasn't profitable afterwards and why they tried something very new with MAG, this is also why Slant Six was brought in to make Confrontation, which was quite good IMO. But lets not make this completely about the developer... SOCOM belongs to Sony, and it was ultimately Sony that made them change the game.

You also do know, that the actual cost per copy sold is actually less than the retail cost of a game? You have the publisher taking their cut, as well as the actual companies that produce the materials for the game such as the cases, books, pressing discs etc etc.... and then theres the overhead for the developer... building costs, employee salaries etc etc.

This is the one way that Activision has been so successful with their "assembly line" of games.... they always make DLC and season passes that cannot be sold on the used market, for $20+ to guarantee that games stay as profitable as they can.
Truth be told, the cost of a COD game and the season pass scheme, actually make the games cost around $100 all-in. And with the games being record setting in terms of volume and profitability, its kinda hard to ignore the fact that just ONE game, can have the potential to have a company make a $1billion dollar profit just a few short months after release. Even MW3's $700million 3-day launch window... ONE developer and publisher making that much money in such a short amount of time with only a 1 year and $50million investment.... think of how long a business can run just from those kinds of profits.... and they'd only have to release such a game every few years to continue to stay relevant.   I understand what your saying  but alot if it  50-50 thing  and  timing thing,  cod is popluar game and thats how alot companes are able to get people to jump in  those kinda of deals.  Selling it while it hot and addictive.  the avergae game  say for example  "Haze " wouldnt be able to do that. its  a sucide  plan beucase its a bad game that not hot. even  when 1st debuted  this  format  wouldnt have worked. this plan  good for  a popular title not for a avg title.
Its not a 50/50 thing.... its a guaranteed sale for all copies. The developer/publisher already gets their money from retailers/distributors, its only up to the retailers to make their money back (and then some) for their own profits. This system would guarantee that ANY copy that is used, gets profits the moment it changes hands.

  EA is doing it with online passports, and its has done pretty successful. If Microsoft is also going to be doing this then guess what? Its not a "making their own noose" if everyone else is going to do it.... because with that sort of reasoning, the gaming industry as a whole would collapse for the most part. At least for console gamers. well  all i can  they are rumored to be doing it as well  for nex xbox console  so  i suppose the   gaming industry is going to change. it rumored apple has a huge announcenet this year, also   valve . this why  i think sony has got that digital  steam deal done which is very smart plan/ move . I dont know  what   wii and  xbox is going to do. but it better be smart.  The first 3 Socom games were the best made by Zipper.... it wasn't until COD4:MW that Zipper was FORCED to try new things to bring more people to play Socom games, and it backfired on them. This is why Zipper wasn't profitable afterwards and why they tried something very new with MAG, this is also why Slant Six was brought in to make Confrontation, which was quite good IMO. But lets not make this completely about the developer... SOCOM belongs to Sony, and it was ultimately Sony that made them change the game- LOL  dont let socom  fourm poster tombstone see this one he  would eat you for breakfast!!  Smiley Happy.. I have been around socom from the start osf socom i mostly played for  sp and  some mp and  what your saying is only half true.  socom 3 was not  a very successful game  , socom started changing in  socom 2, some of it good  and some  of it bad, each editon  of socom  since socom 2002 has lost  1million gamers each time becuase of  drastic change .  the shooter  industry was changing but  socom was still out selling alot aaa shooting  games that  are big name  titles  today that is fact..  Also  zipper wanted to make that  game  socom 4 games like that , they  wanted change since socom 3 they alwys  screamed change  and etc.  the fan like my self  begged them to listen go back to classic. they  didnt want to  do that.  so it alot issues beyond sony made then do  a game like this  or that.  ZIpper is  record saying they wanted to make socom like that. Nothing with  change but they forgot the core of what made socom franchise a  great franchise.  Its not a 50/50 thing.... its a guaranteed sale for all copies. The developer/publisher already gets their money from retailers/distributors, its only up to the retailers to make their money back (and then some) for their own profits. This system would guarantee that ANY copy that is used, gets profits the moment it changes hands-   go back to my  1st post to you..   i dont think it can be done and your looking at is  alot  of law suits if does get done..  I look what your saying is if take a game to a cousin house ( not game stop),  once pop that game in his console  the dev get royalties.?  what if i sell it  to him or give it to him  how   does  the dev get roylaitesis that  violation  of law??..  One I put the game in   his console and it verfied not  to work is it considerd a  pirated  games.  I think  this day and  age  they will  track it back  to who tried to come online/ofline when i go online regardless of the title with  the console and issue a  console ban or w/e it maybe.  now this  will violate consumers law. "you have right to own property you pay for and  being sole owner" , i understand it work both ways, but once i buy it  i can  do what ever i want to with  it.   I  can make speggatti with it  if I  wanted,  i can give it away for free if i wanted.  when  i  buy a pair of  rebook running shoes. Im nothing more a billboards ad technically speaking from the purchase.   all   a bill board ad does is  use the  the look it dont really own  the look or item. It just promotion  with  purchase consent not written consent. reebook own  all the   real  property and etc. . Same  thing with a game  once they start doing  trade roylaites in  interfer  with pvt owner ship.   You cant give it away and  a tax will moslt likely happen,becuase  people want the right to give it away   and the devs have to get there cut.. it would kill gaming industry  also music also cars. every  thing actually.     humor* This  law could qualify for giving a child half  your sandwhich.. becuase  you didnt give wonder bread it  cut of roylites at the family  picknik  or   etc.  That  may sound silly but when come to money  people arent  playing they will do  it.!!




who the hell said anything about a lawsuit?!?!?! you seriously need to read a little more. christ, everytime you post, more drivel comes out of you....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 124 of 152 (133 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You do realize that as of right now if you open your console you void your warranty? Technically you're not supposed to be mucking around with your console's inner workings. However it seems that many confuse the PS3 with your garden variety PC where you can just swap parts willy nilly.

 

And it's not just Sony that's doing this. The rumor mill has been churning away that Microsoft have been planning to do it as well. So for those who are vowing to leave Sony and the Playstation family of consoles if this comes to pass (and it's unlikely it will), you might as well take up a new hobby, because Microsoft aren't the "swell guys" you want to believe they are. Maybe you can try fishing?

 

 


     That's exactly what I'm considering. I can wait 2 or 3 years for the bugs to be worked out anyway, so skipping the next gen completely may be exactly what I end up doing. The importance of these consoles is getting blown way out of proportion and not by the consumer. Can you imagine going to buy a used car and having an extra 20% added to the price for the manufacturer just because they see money and want it? What people are missing here is that I'm not buying a used car for 20k and the manufacturer is not getting any simply because they are not involved in this transaction. It is obvious that the first buyer has only paid a portion and I'm paying the rest so the manufacturer is getting my money still. We are not all rich and therefore cannot all afford the same things this is called "classes" and is part of what makes up this great society we live in. How do they think this will translate into more money? If anything it will mean less money being spent on this pastime and I speak for myself and my kids who I still buy things for.


Ugh, here we go again. Everytime "gamers" bring up cars and an analogy they only prove ONE and only ONE thing; They don't know SQUAT about cars! The reason they don't have a surcharge on cars is because a manufacturer still makes money on a car LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG after it leaves the factory and the showroom. It's called PARTS AND SERVICE. Or do you actually believe that a car never needs brakes, shocks, struts, O2 sensors, oil changes, calipers, brake master cylinders, air filters, or any number of the THOUSANDS of parts that can break down on a car over time?

 

Also many manufacturers offer what's called "Factory Re-Certified Cars", where a car is taken in as a trade, inspected, and then certified for resale. Dealers have to pay into this system, so yes a manufacturer does make money (and A LOT of it at that) on a used car. Don't believe me?

 

 

BMW of North American Certified Pre-Owned Program

 

Attention Gamers; stop using the "car analogy". You're not helping your case when you do.

 


     Really? You started this off with Ugh? Listen young one I've been owning and driving for almost 30yrs, I don't need some gamer coming at me with his weak rhetoric because he thinks he knows more than the rest of the "gamer" community. Now that you have brought up the issue of a manufacturer making money after the initial sale let's look at that shall we? This whole gen has been ripped off with half **bleep** games and only half of the game in the box, the other half we are paying for in the way of DLC upto 100% of the whole cost of the game. So your point is mute and I hope your pompous **bleep** is mute, at least towards me because I hate lowering myself down to your TROLL level.

Message 125 of 152 (126 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/03/2009
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 7, 2013

9fip2h.jpg

Message 126 of 152 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/10/2009
Offline
175 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

If anyone here actually thinks this patent will be applied in some heavy handed way. Please do us all a favour and sell every electronic device you have that can connect to the internet, buy yourself a ball attached to a cup and leave intelligent people alone for good.

By all means keep your gaming doomsday message alive, but don't get all sour when you are proven wrong again and people continue to call you an idiot.

 


FROST_420 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You do realize that as of right now if you open your console you void your warranty? Technically you're not supposed to be mucking around with your console's inner workings. However it seems that many confuse the PS3 with your garden variety PC where you can just swap parts willy nilly.

 

And it's not just Sony that's doing this. The rumor mill has been churning away that Microsoft have been planning to do it as well. So for those who are vowing to leave Sony and the Playstation family of consoles if this comes to pass (and it's unlikely it will), you might as well take up a new hobby, because Microsoft aren't the "swell guys" you want to believe they are. Maybe you can try fishing?

 

 


     That's exactly what I'm considering. I can wait 2 or 3 years for the bugs to be worked out anyway, so skipping the next gen completely may be exactly what I end up doing. The importance of these consoles is getting blown way out of proportion and not by the consumerCan you imagine going to buy a used car and having an extra 20% added to the price for the manufacturer just because they see money and want it? What people are missing here is that I'm not buying a used car for 20k and the manufacturer is not getting any simply because they are not involved in this transaction. It is obvious that the first buyer has only paid a portion and I'm paying the rest so the manufacturer is getting my money still. We are not all rich and therefore cannot all afford the same things this is called "classes" and is part of what makes up this great society we live in. How do they think this will translate into more money? If anything it will mean less money being spent on this pastime and I speak for myself and my kids who I still buy things for.


Ugh, here we go again. Everytime "gamers" bring up cars and an analogy they only prove ONE and only ONE thing; They don't know SQUAT about cars! The reason they don't have a surcharge on cars is because a manufacturer still makes money on a car LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG after it leaves the factory and the showroom. It's called PARTS AND SERVICE. Or do you actually believe that a car never needs brakes, shocks, struts, O2 sensors, oil changes, calipers, brake master cylinders, air filters, or any number of the THOUSANDS of parts that can break down on a car over time?

 

Also many manufacturers offer what's called "Factory Re-Certified Cars", where a car is taken in as a trade, inspected, and then certified for resale. Dealers have to pay into this system, so yes a manufacturer does make money (and A LOT of it at that) on a used car. Don't believe me?

 

 

BMW of North American Certified Pre-Owned Program

 

Attention Gamers; stop using the "car analogy". You're not helping your case when you do.

 


     Really? You started this off with Ugh? Listen young one I've been owning and driving for almost 30yrs, I don't need some gamer coming at me with his weak rhetoric because he thinks he knows more than the rest of the "gamer" community. Now that you have brought up the issue of a manufacturer making money after the initial sale let's look at that shall we? This whole gen has been ripped off with half **bleep** games and only half of the game in the box, the other half we are paying for in the way of DLC upto 100% of the whole cost of the game. So your point is mute and I hope you pompous **bleep** is mute, at least towards me because I hate lowering myself down to your TROLL level.


I just wanted to chime in about this and yes the car analogy sucks, but over the DLC situation has not turned games into half products. The three cases:

 

1. DLC is an extra expansion of the core game and is handeld well. For arguments sake I'll use BF3 Premium or the map paks individually. 

 

2. DLC that provides a good amount of content, but was not handled the best way. The earlier Mass Effect 3 dlc.

 

3. Then the DLC that really does seem like content that should have been in the core game. Prince of Persia's epilogue dlc from the 2008 game.

 

Coming from a former PC gaming background, dlc and expansions have been around for much longer than the current generation. I do feel for people that have been burned by this stuff, even worse when you pay for a $40-50 expansion that turned out bad. I generally think dlc has been handled pretty well, at least for the games I have played and bought them for. 

Message 127 of 152 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Offline
3613 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 7, 2013

This has recently been floating around for the ps4 and the next box...

But if both or even just 1 company does this they might as well sign their own death warrent...

 

Because noone will purchase game consoles again.. Then this will put the game companies out of business as well...

 

There is many things that have been flying around for the new consoles that will kill the comapnies...

We will have to wait and see what they actually are gonna do..

I feel sorry for the early adopters though, just like the early adopters of this gen...

 

 

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 128 of 152 (97 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

bitcloudrzr wrote:

If anyone here actually thinks this patent will be applied in some heavy handed way. Please do us all a favour and sell every electronic device you have that can connect to the internet, buy yourself a ball attached to a cup and leave intelligent people alone for good.

By all means keep your gaming doomsday message alive, but don't get all sour when you are proven wrong again and people continue to call you an idiot.

 


FROST_420 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You do realize that as of right now if you open your console you void your warranty? Technically you're not supposed to be mucking around with your console's inner workings. However it seems that many confuse the PS3 with your garden variety PC where you can just swap parts willy nilly.

 

And it's not just Sony that's doing this. The rumor mill has been churning away that Microsoft have been planning to do it as well. So for those who are vowing to leave Sony and the Playstation family of consoles if this comes to pass (and it's unlikely it will), you might as well take up a new hobby, because Microsoft aren't the "swell guys" you want to believe they are. Maybe you can try fishing?

 

 


     That's exactly what I'm considering. I can wait 2 or 3 years for the bugs to be worked out anyway, so skipping the next gen completely may be exactly what I end up doing. The importance of these consoles is getting blown way out of proportion and not by the consumerCan you imagine going to buy a used car and having an extra 20% added to the price for the manufacturer just because they see money and want it? What people are missing here is that I'm not buying a used car for 20k and the manufacturer is not getting any simply because they are not involved in this transaction. It is obvious that the first buyer has only paid a portion and I'm paying the rest so the manufacturer is getting my money still. We are not all rich and therefore cannot all afford the same things this is called "classes" and is part of what makes up this great society we live in. How do they think this will translate into more money? If anything it will mean less money being spent on this pastime and I speak for myself and my kids who I still buy things for.


Ugh, here we go again. Everytime "gamers" bring up cars and an analogy they only prove ONE and only ONE thing; They don't know SQUAT about cars! The reason they don't have a surcharge on cars is because a manufacturer still makes money on a car LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG after it leaves the factory and the showroom. It's called PARTS AND SERVICE. Or do you actually believe that a car never needs brakes, shocks, struts, O2 sensors, oil changes, calipers, brake master cylinders, air filters, or any number of the THOUSANDS of parts that can break down on a car over time?

 

Also many manufacturers offer what's called "Factory Re-Certified Cars", where a car is taken in as a trade, inspected, and then certified for resale. Dealers have to pay into this system, so yes a manufacturer does make money (and A LOT of it at that) on a used car. Don't believe me?

 

 

BMW of North American Certified Pre-Owned Program

 

Attention Gamers; stop using the "car analogy". You're not helping your case when you do.

 


     Really? You started this off with Ugh? Listen young one I've been owning and driving for almost 30yrs, I don't need some gamer coming at me with his weak rhetoric because he thinks he knows more than the rest of the "gamer" community. Now that you have brought up the issue of a manufacturer making money after the initial sale let's look at that shall we? This whole gen has been ripped off with half **bleep** games and only half of the game in the box, the other half we are paying for in the way of DLC upto 100% of the whole cost of the game. So your point is mute and I hope you pompous **bleep** is mute, at least towards me because I hate lowering myself down to your TROLL level.


I just wanted to chime in about this and yes the car analogy sucks, but over the DLC situation has not turned games into half products. The three cases:

 

1. DLC is an extra expansion of the core game and is handeld well. For arguments sake I'll use BF3 Premium or the map paks individually. 

 

2. DLC that provides a good amount of content, but was not handled the best way. The earlier Mass Effect 3 dlc.

 

3. Then the DLC that really does seem like content that should have been in the core game. Prince of Persia's epilogue dlc from the 2008 game.

 

Coming from a former PC gaming background, dlc and expansions have been around for much longer than the current generation. I do feel for people that have been burned by this stuff, even worse when you pay for a $40-50 expansion that turned out bad. I generally think dlc has been handled pretty well, at least for the games I have played and bought them for. 


     Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 

Message 129 of 152 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:
Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 


 You keep saying that but thats not true, not every game out there is worst that the ones from previous generations. DLC is the present, we have to deal with it, in some games it reaps us off sure, bot in most of them DLC is completely optional, it doesn't feel like part of the game you have to pay more to enjoy.

 

Most games nowadays are short, mostly the ones that are mp oriented, but I try to stear away from these games, I do some research before buying something because I have to put a lot of effort to buy it.

Message 130 of 152 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes