Oct 27 2013
By: audioinstaller Uncharted Territory 1712 posts

New RC Game idea

4 replies 104 views Edited Oct 27, 2013
I think a simulation type of RC car/truck/buggy game would be pretty cool. Almost like a RC version of Gran Turismo, with all the big names like Losi, Associated, Durango etc. The options to upgrade just like real life. Also have a view kinda like you do at a real rc race, elevated to see the whole track. I know people that are into the RC scene would be all about it, just not sure about the average player. Any thoughts?
 photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 1 of 5 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8936 posts

Re: New RC Game idea

Oct 27, 2013

It was done a couple of years ago.  It's called Motorstorm RC.

Message 2 of 5 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Havnt played that but it seems kinda arcade style compared to what I'm talking about. I'm talking about simulation. An example would be, I got to go to the in game hobby shop, and get the kit that turns my 2wd 1/10 buggy into mid engine so I can be faster on a carpet track and flip it back when I go to a dirt/clay track. Or, the track is hooking so good, maby I should switch to the hybrid style tires and try to stay out of the loose dirt on the track edge. Or maby, I'll run my 4wd short course truck today and change to the softer springs and change the weight of the oil in the differentials and shocks
Message 3 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Oct 27, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

It was done a couple of years ago.  It's called Motorstorm RC.

a combo of that and this would be greathttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqqZR95EyU

Message 4 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 27, 2013
That looked pretty cool! Except in real life I the the truck body may have just been scratched or cracked and you would have flipped back over and kept truckin. That's the beautiful thing about rc's. I have a couple of electric monster trucks, a couple of 1/10 short course trucks, and just got a 1/8 e-buggy.

The hobby seems to be growing, and is totally addicting. I started last Christmas and now I have 5! Sad thing is that it took me away from playing Gran Turismo. So I think a game like this would be awesome!
Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes