Jun 07 2013
By: The_Prior First Son 6 posts

New Playstation owner looking for games advice!

[ Edited ]
16 replies 188 views Edited Jun 7, 2013

Hello Playstation community! Long story short, I've been an xbox gamer since the first XB launched, but also had a PS2 for a few years. I'm now going to be buying a PS3 shortly to try out all the exclusives I've missed out on over the years, before most likely buying a PS4 next-gen. While i have enjoyed being an xb360 gamer, and do not regret buying it, the games have gone rather lame the last few years, with only sequels to Gears of war, Halo etc being in my library. And with the news of the next-gen consoles, i can't see myself buying an XB One (I am also a big PC gamer).

So my question is, which games do I buy? I know of quite a few games such as Uncharted, Resistance, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, and the Last of Us at the end of the month, but I also know that the PS has a lot of other exclusives that i will probably enjoy playing.  As far as genres, I'm not interested in racing games as PCARS is the only other racing sim i will be buying on my PC, but any other genre is fine, I especially want to play some RPGS/JRPGS. Also games like Ninja Gaiden or Dynasty Warriors, 'button mashers', I don't mind.

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: New Playstation owner looking for games advice!

Jun 7, 2013
If you like Jrpgs, you might like Valkyria Chronicles, and Resonance of Fate ( I don't know if the second came out on the Xbox or not )

Obviously MGS4 is a classic. Yakuza 4 is fun. And my sleeper hit was always Folklore.
"Professional assassination is the highest form of public service." -Chiun
Message 2 of 17 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013
GoW all of them !
Message 3 of 17 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I'd totally forgot about about GoW! And I'll check those other games mentioned out, should be able to pick up most of them up cheap used Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 17 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Killzone is really good too. If you like FPS games, you should check it out.

Killzone 3 has done what very few FPS have done. I started Killzone 3, and got drawn into it so deeply and so quickly that I had to get all the others I can play. I just picked up Killzone 2, and I'm going to try to get the first one on PSN if they have it.
My PSN
Message 5 of 17 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Jun 7, 2013
You should try some psn games like:
1) I am alive.
2) Sound shapes.
3) Journey.
4) Tokyo Jungle.
5) Thomas was alone.
6) Okami HD(JRPG)
AND
DON'T FORGET TO BUY LITTLE BIG PLANET.
Message 6 of 17 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Thanks for the list I'll check those out too Smiley Happy I'd also forgot about Killzone and Little Big Planet lol, there's so many exclusives compared to the top rated ones on Xbox now, it's hard to keep up! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 17 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7390 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Games i would recommend besides the ones you mentioned already :

Heavenly Sword

Folklore

Valkyria Chronicles

Demons Souls

Ni No Kuni

Motorstorm Pacific Rift , Apocalypse( i know you say no racing games but Motorstorm is the most brutal off road racer game ever created) 

Warhawk, Starhawk

Killzone 2,3 ( you may want to play a Kizzy game before Shadow Fall on ps4) 

Metal Gear Solid 4

God of War ( all of them ) 

inFAMOUS series

Little Big Planet 2

Fat Princess

Dead Nation

Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Jack and Daxter Collection

ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection

Message 8 of 17 (128 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Aaah even more to add to the list, thanks! Might have to do some trading around after i complete a few at a time to save some money haha. Yeah i wouldn't mind trying Motorstorm i guess, the only reason i said no racing games is because i grew up spamming the hell out of gran turismo 2, then forza motorsport 1 - 3 and gran turismo 4, and played all the burnout's and most need for speeds since underground so I've got bored of them now.

Just one question, what's the fuss around shadow of the colossus? I've only ever played it once years ago at a mates house for a little while, where we just killed a few bosses, other than that the world was empty if i remember correctly? Or am I missing something here? To me the game seemed rather boring, but i always see people commenting on how amazing it was.

Message 9 of 17 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3194 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Just remember to not overwhelm yourself with too many games and don't play the online portions of curtain games because you might get hooked and neglect other games you could be catching up on.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 10 of 17 (114 Views)
0 Likes