Splicer
54 posts

Re: New Playstation Store

Nov 7, 2012

I agree, it takes much longer than it should to log in. I went to look for Little Big Planet dlc in the PS3 add-ons section and its a chore just to look for it. It was a lot easier when everything was listed A to Z and you knew what you were looking for. I hope there's an option to change to classic view in the next update.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 57 (200 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I just went to the pss(Playstation store) and I feel that they should have left the on-screen keyboard... but i feel they are trying to compete with the ad supported junk that is the xbox ui. I don't know why the xbox ui is gqrbage and qn un-intuitive and worthless piece of software.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 57 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

new store sucks.

i can't see if i've already bought something.  i just bought the same ep of sons of anarchy.  i'm a noob. this stores a noob.  you're all noobs.

it used put up that little shopping bag with ps symbols on it right?

boooooo. fail. kys, psstore.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 57 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Nov 13, 2012

First time on the forums and am only here so i can voice my opion that the person that thought that the new store update was going to make the store better should be fired on the spot. also anyone who approved this should also be fired.

Now before u all start crying it works. yes it dose work but not better then it did before. A update should make something better not worse. Now yes it has better grafics now but thats the problem with everything these days it looks better but dosent play better.

You see the same thing with games these days better and better grafics but the gameplay is worthless. I miss the good old days of Zelda and mario on the nes graphis were horbial but the games controled well and were fun to play. these days u spend more time fighting to get ur player to do what u want rather then playing the game but it looks preaty even if ur player is stuck on a invisable wall.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 57 (155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Worst move Sony ever made. I really hope they are paying attention. I tried to give the new store a chance but it just sucks!!
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 57 (152 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Nov 13, 2012

You should watch the video that PlayStation uploaded on their channel on YouTube. It's only about 5-6 minutes I'm sure it's worth while of your time.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 57 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1092 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Supposedly the director of the new store will be available for questioning soon courtesy of the playstation twitter account:

http://twitter.com/playstation

So if you're really not digging the new store feel free to take your frustrations on the man responsible. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 57 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
972 posts

Nov 13, 2012

i like the new store

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 57 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

This new store is absolutely terrible. I have been buy older games lately that I never had a chance to play before. For instance, I just got Final Fantasy XIII-2. I want to browse the PS store to see if it has had any add-ons. In order to do this, I have to use the search feature. We used to be able to type in the name of the title and it displayed everything released with that name in it. Now we have to select the letter it begins with and hope it's one of the five most popular games beginning with that letter to be on top. If not, we not have to scroll through every game that has that letter in its title. That's right. Not just every game that begins with that letter, but every game that has that letter in the title or has released anything on the store with that letter in the title. So, I browse "F" and I have to scroll through hundreds of title to get to the titles that begin with F. One that really annoys me is "Batman: Year One (HD plus Bonus Features)." Because "Features" is in the title, it shows up when you search "F."

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 57 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

My experience with the new layout is quite negative.  As I keep switching back and forth between my game consoles I have determined that Sony is trying really hard to copy the X-Box Live store with the whole tile setup.  The same goes for the search feature.  Others possibly agree with me on this, having to scroll through every letter in order (meaning you can't skip without plugging in a keyboard [even then it only recognizes one key press at a time, very slowly]) is quite a hassle as well as a great time consumer.  The qwerty keyboard was much faster and was very responsive when a keyboard was plugged in.  Another point that I am disappointed that has been removed was the ability to see the top 25 of anything such as the 25 newest demos, 25 newest releases, top 25 downloads, etc.   Now we only see a few recent releases and the top download list has been reduced to 10 for each filter.  Also when getting something for free why must one confirm the purchase 3-4 times before the download begins.  Before one could just press download and it would add it to your purchases as well as begin downloading.

Some things that would be welcome would be the qwerty keyboard as the search tool with the reactive choices replacing the predictive dictionary.  Showing more than 3-6 items on the newest _______ section would also be appreciated as people generally do not catch every PS store update and would miss some things that might have caught there eye.   As of right now I can't think of anything else and might chime in later if I think of other things that can be improved.

EDIT: Just remembered the 0-9 through Z filter.  I am sure people would greatly appreciate having that back.  After rereading my post I have come to the realization that all of the issues I have with this new UI revolve in actually finding things that one is looking for.  It is like Sony does not want the consumer to find something that is relatively old only things that are new.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 57 (87 Views)
0 Likes