Splicer
64 posts

Re: New Playstation 3 Wireless Stereo (7.1 Surround Sound) Headset

Oct 1, 2011

The radio frequency hasnt been developed for wireless its to much data to be transfered

Matt/HeadShotMatt3
Message 61 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 13, 2011

hey guys.. CAN THESE HEADPHONES WORK WITH A SONY BRAVHIA HDTV FOR TV WATCHING!!?? OR ANY TV FOR THAT MATTER?? THNAKS IN ADVANCE

Message 62 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Oct 17, 2011

I couldn't find anything on the net.  It's worth a shot emailing Sony or you could just plug the usb dongle into a usb port on your tv and turn on the headset while the TV is on.  I'm going to take a shot and say it doesn't work.  They might need to make a firmware update to make it compatible with TV's, but it's worth a shot.  If nothing happens check the sound sections under your TV's options in the menu and see if it is recognized or can change the configurations or something.

Message 63 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Oct 17, 2011

I'm going to attempt to plug this headset directly into the Playstation to see if it is still operable without being wireless.  For sh!ts and giggles.

Message 64 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, it didn't work when I plugged it directly into the PS3 via USB.  They should put a patch out for it to work that way.  I don't like how the wireless frequencies from the headset are frying my brain.

Message 65 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 14, 2011

Im not sure if anyone had asked but I want to know is it possible to chare the headset while its still on?

Message 66 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Dec 14, 2011

Yes, you can use them while charging them.  You can't use it if you're charging it with a usb chord to your PS3.  I tried that method to see if it would use the wire to transmit the data and not use wireless, but it didn't work.  If you have it charging through a usb chord that's pluged into a unit that charges it from the wall it will work.  I've done this before.

Message 67 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I can charge mine while using it while plugged into the PS3

Message 68 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2012

um i know this is a bit out their but if someone can help i would be greatful. i bought the new ps3 wireless stereo headset and charged it for 3 hours to give it full charge when i got it. it lasted for about 2-3 hours before completely dieing on me. When i try to charge it again the red lcd light will come on for about 10 seconds and then will turn off. the headset is so dead now it won't even turn on at all. I have tried plugging it into 3 different computers and the ps3 to try and charge it, but still the red lcd light goes off after 10 seconds. Is this normal or not? the manual says the red lcd light should be on the whole time it is charging and will turn off when full.i have even tried using different usb cords to charge it and tried other stuff on the cords to see if they were chargingh right and they r but for some reason the ps3 wireless stereo headset ain't charging at all. is it that the headset is so dead that the red lcd light won't come on until it charges some or is their something wrong with the headset? Right now i am going to let it charge for a couple of hours before trying something else, but i am hoping someone can help me that way i ain't waisting my time if something is wrong with the headset and i can go and exchange it for another one.

Message 69 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 27, 2012

You must use the original USB cable that came with your Dual Shock controller and you must plug it into one of the two front PS3 usb ports (or a similar high powered usb charging station).  Most USB ports on cheaper usb charging stations, DVD players, HDTVs, computers, etc... allow you to draw up to 5 volts and 500 mA (milli amps). Your PS3 wireless stereo headset draws something like 800 mA, which is why the red light will not turn on and stay solid.  It cannot get the current (amperage) it needs. The USB cable that came with the Dual Shock controller also allows greater current to flow which is the second part of the equation.  So you must have the right cable and the right type of high powered usb charging port.

- Jay (yes, I am an EE)

Message 70 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes