VP of Gaming
28691 posts

Re: New Playstation 3 Wireless Stereo (7.1 Surround Sound) Headset

Sep 6, 2011

BigTStanley wrote:

Pre-ordered mine thru amazon when they had a pre-order deal going for $65. That alone makes it a worthwhile purchase to me. I did find it strange that it says on the info page you can use them for movies, and says that the surround sound does not work with blu ray movies. One would think it's the same encoding for the surround sound in gaming as it is in movies, but blu ray movies could have a completely different encoding or just be less compressed which would make sense. Maybe we'll see a patch later, but I wouldn't count too heavily on it. It does mention high-fidelity sound for movies, which is probably about the same quality sound as the sony wireless stereo headsets I'm currently using for watching movies or possibly better quality. At any rate, i'm really looking forward to trying them out.

I'm thinking they needed to keep the price at around $100. Any higher and they price themselves out of the market.

Message 21 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Sep 6, 2011

I'm so biting at the bit for this to be delievered!!! I wish I could find the manual for this!!  Anyone got the PDF link?

Message 22 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Sep 6, 2011

I have mine sitting next to me here at the office.

Message 23 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 6, 2011

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/09/06/official-ps3-wireless-stereo-headset-review/

This is the first review I could find.  I will be getting them soon!

Message 24 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Stop rubbing it in Tchanku, LOL.  Mine are coming in the mail this evening.  How do they look in person?

Message 25 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Everybody that has purchased these headphones, when you have time please leave your own review of the product in this thread please!

Message 26 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Smaller than I thought, but very comfortable. I couldn't find the on button, when I did I felt stupid. It is a very less is more design and looks good.

I would be interested in any info on getting them to work with the PC.

Message 27 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Sep 6, 2011

The instructions are kinda vague, I did'nt have much much time to play with it. The audio side it pretty much plug and play, however the bluetooth side I am still having trouble getting the mic to work. It is bluetooth on the mic side right?

I got the mic into discovery mode (Blue light-2 blinks) and searched it on the PS3 then nothing... Ideas?

This thing is sweet by the way!

Message 28 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Dogma4590 wrote:

The instructions are kinda vague, I did'nt have much much time to play with it. The audio side it pretty much plug and play, however the bluetooth side I am still having trouble getting the mic to work. It is bluetooth on the mic side right?

I got the mic into discovery mode (Blue light-2 blinks) and searched it on the PS3 then nothing... Ideas?

It is not supposed to be using Bluetooth.  It uses the USB Receiver for both game audio and chat.

Message 29 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

Dogma4590 wrote:

It is not supposed to be using Bluetooth.  It uses the USB Receiver for both game audio and chat.

HaHa. That is why it would not work then. Guess I was thinking about the turtlebeach set then. Thanks.

Message 30 of 70 (84 Views)
0 Likes