Nov 14 2012
By: HisShadowX Lombax Warrior 140 posts

New Playstation 3 Changes getting a worse reception then launch?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 92 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

The PS3 had a horrible launch it was terrible with Sony giving the middle finger to developers and having Japanese Elitism telling us we must get a second job to afford the PS3 to telling us about giant enemy crabs and of course Ridge Racer. 

It seems a lot of the upper management shifted to the west and of a lot of good things were done during this time. 

When the Great PSN Outage it seems the Western branch took blame and the Ridge Racer guy and the Japanese Elitism came back.

Now Kevin Butler is being sued by Sony and with a terrible launch of the Vita and new PS Store that needs a walkthrough I wonder do we need more of the same from the PS3 launced?

Here is the 06 launch of the PS3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4&feature=related

Remember in the EU where Sony hired Secruity for the launch and not many showed up to buy it? 

Here is the Western take over http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwPWN3Ul6U8&feature=related

Now your suing the guy so next E3 will the Ridge Racer guy be back?

Message 1 of 3 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6807 posts

Re: New Playstation 3 Changes getting a worse reception then launch?

Nov 14, 2012

I don't understand where your ideas are coming from.  The Western branch took the blame for the PSN outage?  I remember a video from Kaz Hirai (the Ridge Racer guy) about it.  Kevin Butler wasn't "the" speaker at E3, and it has been Jack Tretton every year since 2006.  What makes you think it's going back to a Japanese speaker?  Are you suggesting Sony is suing Jack Tretton as well?  It sounds like you're grouping people into Japanese and American (or Western) categories and mixing up a lot of details in the process.

Message 2 of 3 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: New Playstation 3 Changes getting a worse reception then launch?

Nov 14, 2012
You lost me at...well, the start. Nothing here makes sense.
Message 3 of 3 (37 Views)
0 Likes