Nov 02 2012
By: RevShadow_508 First Son 30 posts

New PSN store wasting my storage space

14 replies 346 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

ok what the heck I have an old PS3 I live in Canada and don't have crazy fast USA internet this is screwing me over. I will admit this was very much needed the store is nice and organized but its laggy and taking up space on my hard drive can you guys at least fin tune it so it stops lagging and taking me to the bottom of a page the moment I try to scroll down farther then like 6 rows

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4394 posts

Re: New PSN store wasting my storage space

Nov 2, 2012
The new store is live in NA?
*/_\*
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (345 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25962 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:
The new store is live in NA?

Not as far as I know! it isn't!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Its not live in all of North America just yet, but i read something this morning saying it was live in Canada today.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 2, 2012

it's updated now where I am in Washington state

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1959 posts

Nov 2, 2012
The new PS Store is live right now. Apparently, its account specific, cuz I had the new store on my main account, but not on my alternate accounts...which were all the same region, btw. Idk why they would do this...but just to confirm, YES the new store is live.

This is also apparently the reason PSN was acting all weird today, not letting people sign in, friends list not loading properly, severe lag, etc... This should al be cleared up by now.

And to the OP - How can you complain about the new store redesign, claiming it to be "wasting your storage space" when the patch is less than a MB? It's an upgrade and a LOT better than what we had before. Granted, some people will complain...cuz thats what people do, but jeeze....at least try to be greatful that the PS3 and its network is an evolving entity that continues to be upgrading as time passes. ITS A GOOD THING.

If youre complaining about lag or slow net...then thats your ISP, and has nothing to do with Sony in any way.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8475 posts

Nov 2, 2012

RevShadow_508 wrote:

ok what the heck I have an old PS3 I live in Canada and don't have crazy fast USA internet this is screwing me over. I will admit this was very much needed the store is nice and organized but its laggy and taking up space on my hard drive can you guys at least fin tune it so it stops lagging and taking me to the bottom of a page the moment I try to scroll down farther then like 6 rows

I just updtated my PS3 store and it worked for me.  I don't know what to tell you some PS3 users are haveing a problem with the new FW update.  My bet that's why you can't enter the store please report this probem.

BTW the new store is not that cool so you're not missing much.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Complaining about 26MB? That's sad.

I'm lovin' the new store.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (258 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4394 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Just got prompted for the new store download, it works pretty well for me at the moment.
*/_\*
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I normally wouldn't complain abut 26 megs. However im going to make an exception here since this new design sucks so much.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (218 Views)