Nov 04 2011
By: CaptainHuggyface Treasure Hunter 5189 posts

New PSN change, only 2 consoles of each type can be activate on one account at a time.

5 replies 259 views Edited Nov 4, 2011

This has just been announced by Sony to be in operation on Nov 18. they are cutting the amount of activated PSPs or PS3s to 2 from 5.

This does not effect me but I amsure it will effect some of you out there.

Full Blog post:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-p...

Message 1 of 6 (259 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11992 posts

Re: New PSN change, only 2 consoles of each type can be activate on one account at a time.

Nov 4, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

This is for game content only, and apparently only effects games bought after the date of implementation.

it's not just game content, it's also games purchased off of psn. pretty much everything bought off of the ps store after Nov 18th.

Message 2 of 6 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: New PSN change, only 2 consoles of each type can be activate on one account at a time.

Nov 4, 2011

This is for game content only, and apparently only effects games bought after the date of implementation.

Also the is mention of a new deactivation/activation website.

Message 3 of 6 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 4, 2011

ctfw529 wrote:

it's not just game content, it's also games purchased off of psn. pretty much everything bought off of the ps store after Nov 18th.

Sorry, game content meant games and not other things like movies and music.

Message 4 of 6 (259 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11992 posts

Nov 4, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

Sorry, game content meant games and not other things like movies and music.

no need to apologize. i could be wrong, but the way i'm reading the articles reporting on it, is to be that *anything* bought off of the ps store will be affected by this, including movies/music. i think it's always been this way for movies anyway, but movies could only be used on 1 account.

like i said, i'm not 100% sure either. there are some lingering questions in the air about this whole thing.

Message 5 of 6 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 4, 2011

One of the replies to the comments stated it was just games. Movies will stay as they are.

Message 6 of 6 (259 Views)
0 Likes