Sep 20 2012
By: adicted_adz First Son 1 posts

New PS4s RAM guesses?

7 replies 143 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

Just wondering what you think the PS4s RAM will be? I mean the ps3 was only 512mb so surely the PS4 will be around 1gb maybe? but im really hoping they just put in enough to multitask. Even in COD, which no offense, is one of the simplest FPSs around, makes my ps3 lag when i try to send a message to someone.

And also im assuming everybody will be looking out for cross game chat in ps4, which i am really hoping for.

One unfortunate thing is that sony isnt in too good shape right now so they might be aiming low which is unfortunate.

Opinions?

Message 1 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: New PS4s RAM guesses?

Sep 20, 2012
I'm sure that the PS4 will have more than enough memory this time around. I have heard rumors of 4GB-8GB of memory, which should be enough to do everything we want.

Hopefully PSN will also be rebuilt completely so it can run as smoothly are reliably as XBL...
Message 2 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43014 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

adicted_adz wrote:

Just wondering what you think the PS4s RAM will be? I mean the ps3 was only 512mb so surely the PS4 will be around 1gb maybe? but im really hoping they just put in enough to multitask. Even in COD, which no offense, is one of the simplest FPSs around, makes my ps3 lag when i try to send a message to someone.

I'm going to say it'll have around 4GB of RAM, maybe more, RAM is cheap, they could put in what they want, the more the better in my opinion.

And also im assuming everybody will be looking out for cross game chat in ps4, which i am really hoping for.

Err nope, not me, couldn't care less about XGC.

One unfortunate thing is that sony isnt in too good shape right now so they might be aiming low which is unfortunate.

I disagree, I think a lot of companies are "struggling" somewhat right now, I don't think Sony is any worse or better than others.

Opinions?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm PST
Message 3 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Well the Wii-U is announced with 1Gb of RAM..... so it'd be safe to say AT LEAST 1-2Gb of RAM if not more

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 20, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Well the Wii-U is announced with 1Gb of RAM..... so it'd be safe to say AT LEAST 1-2Gb of RAM if not more

IMO I consider the Wii U's specs to be along the lines of the current generation systems, I believe the next-gen should be much higher...

Message 5 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

IMO I consider the Wii U's specs to be along the lines of the current generation systems, I believe the next-gen should be much higher...

But it would set the precedence for the future

the Wii was always the console to get "leap frogged" seeing as the 360 and PS3 had released 1-2 years later with much higher specs. Nintendo even said they were not trying to be part of the console war, merely the Wii/Wii U would be seen as the casual console.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 20, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

But it would set the precedence for the future

the Wii was always the console to get "leap frogged" seeing as the 360 and PS3 had released 1-2 years later with much higher specs. Nintendo even said they were not trying to be part of the console war, merely the Wii/Wii U would be seen as the casual console.

Before the next-gen systems come out the Wii U (IMO) is competitng on the same level as the PS3 & X360, especially with all the current gen ports it is getting. I think even Nintendo knows it has pretty much fully tapped out the casual market...

Message 7 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Sep 21, 2012

At least 4GB. Big time devs like Crytek and Square Enix want 8GB, but they obviously won't fit bill for the billions it'll add to the building cost, so they most likely won't get it.

I'm personally hoping for 4-6GB with the rumored 16GB of internal flash memory for the OS so that whole 4 gigs can be dedicated to gaming duties and when can still get the extra features.

Message 8 of 8 (89 Views)
0 Likes