Feb 07 2013
By: mega_buu Hekseville Citizen 265 posts

New PS3 super slim 500gb problems

10 replies 7429 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

Wanted to see if anyone else is having problems with the 500gb super slim. I decided to replace my 320gb with it and I am regretting it now. The thing has kept freezing from day 1 and keeps restarting itself due to errors from installing game data and patches. If I am one of the few then I need to get it looked at but if these are common problems, then Sony has screwed up the PS3 beyond belief.

Message 1 of 11 (7,429 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: New PS3 super slim 500gb problems

Feb 8, 2013
I also own a superslim, and I haven't had any problems with it. I don't think your problem is common at all, I suggest you exchange where you purchased it or send it into Sony for an in-warranty repair...
Message 2 of 11 (7,415 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3067 posts

Feb 8, 2013

i know one thing and theres been many people with overheating issues from these things and my friend had one brand new doing it from day one but after i installed 1/32 copper shims to cover the GPU ram and one for the CPU(to keep itlevel) his issue is fixed completely and no issues since and i ran it 48 hours non-stop before i even returned it to him...Sony clearly screwed this one up and i guess im the first one to put a REAL fix to it as i have seen nothing else about it...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (7,404 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

nope none of that kinda thing *knock on wood*
Mine is very loud when reading discs.. almost annoying loud.. i would try and exchange it

Message 4 of 11 (7,399 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3570 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

kythunder wrote:

i know one thing and theres been many people with overheating issues from these things and my friend had one brand new doing it from day one but after i installed 1/32 copper shims to cover the GPU ram and one for the CPU(to keep itlevel) his issue is fixed completely and no issues since and i ran it 48 hours non-stop before i even returned it to him...Sony clearly screwed this one up and i guess im the first one to put a REAL fix to it as i have seen nothing else about it...

Actually putting shims won't stop overheating of the cpu, and gpu..

The new super slims are made really cheap..

The reason They over heat is because the thermal paste is either non existant or way to much...

They probably made this  for around $40 per unit and selling them for $299 and up still.....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 11 (7,395 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7014 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Not sure, my super slim runs really cool and quiet, never experienced constant freezing =/
Message 6 of 11 (7,391 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3067 posts

Feb 8, 2013

sorry but your wrong because i have already did this to one that was overheating and it fixed it and runs way cooler than stock and would put it up against any new superslim...i been in this game many years and know what im doing..the GPU rams needs cooling and these superslims dont get NONE and now this one i did does get ram cooling....Sony screwed up on this one worse than the first fats in my opinion and many people are having issues..its all over the web..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 7 of 11 (7,373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 13, 2014
Mine has been a nightmare! Freezing,power offs,total shut down,loud fan,then Burns up two days before warranty giving same type of errors as the red ring kinda things.Sony made sure they beat me out of the warranty and charged me $80 to fix it.that was 6 weeks ago.until this day I've not gotten my ps3 back while they continue sending emails saying a shipping box is on the way.I've called them every week since 10 day turn around and get lame excuses or told something totally diferant then before.not to mention I've prolly spent more money then most having over 1200 downloads on my list not to mention all the discs and they treat me like crap.since this I refuse to buy a ps4 I've had zero issues with my Wii u and nothing but issues with x box and Sony.so done with the evil empire.I could of owned a new car with all the money I gave to these **bleep** and they don't even care we are all cattle to them.
Message 8 of 11 (4,295 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16325 posts

Jun 14, 2014

Hybrid_Prime wrote:
Mine has been a nightmare! Freezing,power offs,total shut down,loud fan,then Burns up two days before warranty giving same type of errors as the red ring kinda things.Sony made sure they beat me out of the warranty and charged me $80 to fix it.that was 6 weeks ago.until this day I've not gotten my ps3 back while they continue sending emails saying a shipping box is on the way.I've called them every week since 10 day turn around and get lame excuses or told something totally diferant then before.not to mention I've prolly spent more money then most having over 1200 downloads on my list not to mention all the discs and they treat me like crap.since this I refuse to buy a ps4 I've had zero issues with my Wii u and nothing but issues with x box and Sony.so done with the evil empire.I could of owned a new car with all the money I gave to these **bleep** and they don't even care we are all cattle to them.
That's YOUR fault for not calling Sony to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.... Not Sony's.
I wonder how much of your ps3 issues were caused by your neglect.....
Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 9 of 11 (4,259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2014
Its funny a lot of people talk **bleep** but yet everyone's problem is different if you don't like the way Sony screws you over than stop using ps3 to begin with its called karma and so far I've been in luck I had my system serviced twice one 75 bucks second time free and it always gets back in before time so please get a life get a job and grow the **bleep** up you bunch of whinny cry babe bitchea
Message 10 of 11 (2,503 Views)
0 Likes