Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2012
By: Kev_Cypunk First Son 10 posts

New PS3 cloud saving help

2 replies 61 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

I don't regularly post on these forums so excuse me if I'm not posting this in the right place. Now here's my inquiry. I'm getting a new PS3 to replace my five year old fat one. I'm also getting a year of Plus. I want to know if I'll be able to permanently transfer all my current save games to my new PS3 through the cloud. I'm planning on formatting and giving away my old PS3 as soon as I transfer all my saves so I wouldn't be too happy if in a year when my subscription runs out I find myself with all my save games inaccessible.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (61 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11140 posts

Re: New PS3 cloud saving help

Oct 25, 2012
Think of the cloud like a USB stick. You can transfer your saves, through away the stick, and the saves will still be there, in working order. Naturally, any saves that are still in the cloud, and not on your PS3 will be gone when your subscription expires.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: New PS3 cloud saving help

Oct 25, 2012

To my knowledge, you'll be able to store the saves on the cloud, then transfer them all onto the new PS3. It has been confirmed that your saves will stay on the cloud when your subscription ends, and you'll be able to access them once you renew. No one confirmed it would store your saves permanatly, so don't count on having your subscription lapse for over half a year and then renew in hopes of having your saves still in the cloud.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)
0 Likes