Aug 23 2012
By: TheBlackDragoon Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

New PS3 and DLC...

2 replies 59 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

Due to blu-ray reader problems we had on our old PS3 we had to get a new one.  A question I had when dealing with this, even though I did the data transfer and deactivated PSN stuff on the old one, we have to redownload all the DLC we got before?  I wonder since I tried to play Disgaea 4 saying it had DLC data that I couldn't get to.  But by redownloading all that stuff it should be okay right?

Also I'm confused with how trophies work on a new PS3, I mean my sister and I both have accounts and updated trophies.  Doesn't it keep the settings from the sync we did?

Message 1 of 3 (59 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10174 posts

Re: New PS3 and DLC...

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

All DLC and and trophies are saved on your PSN account, since you got a new PS3 you will have to redownload your DLC to the new one. As for trophies, all you have to do is Sync them, and they will all be added to the new PS3.

As for your game, yes your save will work again once you download all DLC that was added to that save.

Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: New PS3 and DLC...

Aug 23, 2012

Well I did save and everything.  But I thought the data transfer would send all the DLC and stuff.  As long as I only have to redownload it then it's fine.  I did thought the DLC was sent as well since the new PS3 we got had the downloaded games send over.

Guess it doesn't matter if you transfer data or not, you have to sit and let it all the DLC load again. xP

I just hope it is that easy.

Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)
0 Likes