Jan 21 2013
By: LilxSnugglex First Son 11 posts

New PS3 Owner

18 replies 219 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

Hi,

I am about to be purchasing a PS3 from my friend this coming Tuesday. I currently have an Xbox 360 but will be going onto the PS3 for a new adventure of stuff to do. I like to play MMO's and Shooters. I was looking into some games but I dont know what ones would be fun to play. I was looking at Socom, Little Big Planet, and I dont know what else....I saw the Final Fantasy XIV trailer and that looks really good but there isnt a release date.....I am looking for games that are Not on the xbox. Please help Smiley Happy I look forward to being able to play and meet new people!!

Thxx

Lil

Message 1 of 19 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Re: New PS3 Owner

Jan 21, 2013

LilxSnugglex wrote:

Hi,

I am about to be purchasing a PS3 from my friend this coming Tuesday. I currently have an Xbox 360 but will be going onto the PS3 for a new adventure of stuff to do. I like to play MMO's and Shooters. I was looking into some games but I dont know what ones would be fun to play. I was looking at Socom, Little Big Planet, and I dont know what else....I saw the Final Fantasy XIV trailer and that looks really good but there isnt a release date.....I am looking for games that are Not on the xbox. Please help Smiley Happy I look forward to being able to play and meet new people!!

Thxx

Lil

Socom 4 was terrible I'd not recommend it, try MAG on the PS store you can download the game for free and play the full game you just can't level up so will be at a dissadvantage and was made by the people that made socom.

Uncharted 2 is the most important exclusive game the PS3 has, get it lol.

Starhawk is a decent shooter game that has it all.

on the psn there are some great exclusive games like journey and Dead Nation (great topdown zombie shooter)

the resistence games are OK if you liked Gears of War its like sonys attempt at that sort of thing

God of War games are popular

Infamous is pretty good for an action game, if you've played prototype its like that but better.

photo Zoe_468x60_zps1ba57e00.jpg
visit my webcomic
Message 2 of 19 (213 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8856 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Killzone and Resistance are pretty good shooters that are only on Ps3.

~Welcome to the Dark Side.

Message 3 of 19 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Okay....thanks.

I'll take a look at those, I want to play games that are popular online and have a lot of people.

Message 4 of 19 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Jan 21, 2013

The Uncharted series, Resistance series, I've heard Farcry 3 is better on the PS3 than X-box. I'm gonna check that one out soon.

Message 5 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Ni No Kuni tomorrow!

Heavy Rain is a must play. Rent or buy I don't care. Everyone with a ps3 owes it to themselves to play it.

Journey

Metal Gear Solid 4

3D Dot Game Heroes

Uncharted Series

Ico

Shadow of Colossus

Tokyo Jungle

Valkyria Chronicles

Many more but that's all I have for now!

Message 6 of 19 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Definitely check Heavy Rain, Uncharted series, Gran Turismo 5 and of course the LittleBigPlanet series. All great games!

Message 7 of 19 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Many people recommend Uncharted...i don't, unless you like highly repetative games like assassins creed. The Infamous series is pretty good. God of war is a popular title.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 8 of 19 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

And don't forget to buy Playstation Plus for 50.00 a year. Not only do you get a ton of free games to download, you also get discounts on games and premium content. This might be your best way to start out And is what Xbox live should be.

Message 9 of 19 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for all the input, stll lookign for more!!

I think I will be getting

Little Big Planet 2
All Star Battle Royal
Killzone 3
Socom ( Maybe )
MAG looks cool as well
Mercia
White Knight Chronicles II looks like a good Online RPG
Heavy Rain looks good, I dont know if I will be getting it though

I am going to walmart tomorrow so I will see what they have...I'm still open for suggestions!!!

Thxxx
Message 10 of 19 (132 Views)
0 Likes