Jan 27 2013
By: MrMikeShaw First Son 14 posts

New PS Vita game

7 replies 151 views Edited Jan 27, 2013
I say MotorStorm RC for PS3 and Vita would be a great addition.
Message 1 of 8 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2664 posts

Re: New PS Vita game

Jan 27, 2013
they had this for free sometime last year. i had it for a while but it got boring
Message 2 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I just assumed Motorstorm RC was free all along. Figured it was one of those "hey here's something for early adopters to do."

Message 3 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I don't remember Motorstorm RC being part of PS+, but at some point it did show up for free for the Vita.  If it was free on the PS3, I missed that boat.  Game was OK (good not great) ... kept me distracted for a few hrs.  I haven't played it lately, but seeing this thread will make me see if there is another trophy or two I could earn.

Message 4 of 8 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jan 27, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

I don't remember Motorstorm RC being part of PS+, but at some point it did show up for free for the Vita.  If it was free on the PS3, I missed that boat.  Game was OK (good not great) ... kept me distracted for a few hrs.  I haven't played it lately, but seeing this thread will make me see if there is another trophy or two I could earn.

this one must have escaped me-- i joined plus right before they made it vita also-- and i dont recall this one being free

Message 5 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jan 27, 2013

jpbslayer wrote:

this one must have escaped me-- i joined plus right before they made it vita also-- and i dont recall this one being free

I think it was offered for free (at least the Vita version) with Toyota Scion advertisement backing.  I'm glad the topic came up here.  Sometimes when you revisit a game after a long layout, a fresh new perspective makes the game fun.  Just picked up a couple of trophies to boot!  Cat Happy

Message 6 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 27, 2013
It never was available for PS+. It was offered free for a short time during the Vita's launch.
Message 7 of 8 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I guess early March was considered part of the "launch window" but the game game to the Vita thanks to Toyota Scion marketing:  

"The game received critical praise when it launched in the UK two weeks ago. We think you’ll agree that the wait was worth it, as we are pleased to not only announce that the PS3 version will be available beginning tomorrow separately for $9.99 ($7.49 for PlayStation Plus subscribers), but to also let you know that the PS Vita version of MotorStorm RC will also be available as a free download thanks to our partners at Scion."

Solid game. Glad I have it (for free is great), and revisited it today.

Message 8 of 8 (95 Views)
0 Likes