Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Jan 3, 2013

The new store is just a plain mess bring back the old simple look! Especially with all the clutter of  categories for all those Christmas deals!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 151 of 227 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 3, 2013

The problem is that they've designed the PSN store assuming Microsoft's store was an improvement.

The goal is not to make it easy to use, it's to market to you and direct you to buy content that THEY want you to buy.  The same premise is used in grocery stores by putting the Milk aisle in the very back of the store.  Everyone needs milk every 3-4 days, so putting the milk in the back of the store forces you to look at every aisle and product until you eventually find what you are looking for.    

Unfortunately, Sony execs have no clue that in the 21st century, electronic ease of use has a higher payoff than the backlash of captive marketing.       Either that of the team at Microsoft that got fired for the new dashboard got hired by Sony at a really good rate. 

Please use plain text.
Message 152 of 227 (274 Views)
Wastelander
794 posts

RE: New PS Store sucks

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I agree, I like the old store much more, it was brighter and much more user friendly. 

Please use plain text.
Message 153 of 227 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 5, 2013

HisShadowX wrote:

I just woke up it looks like NgE and Windows 8 which means it looks like a big pile of crap. Seriously big pictures everywhere, I have glasses and I am not blind and instead of a simple layout you make big pictures?

Can we have an option to go back? If it's not broke why try to fix it?

EDIT2: I am looking in the add-on menu and I can only search by combos, levels, weapons, cars blah blah why can't I search add-ons by games themselves instead of **bleep** crap with big pictures? Do you want me to buy something or give up looking for what I want?

"Can we have an option to go back?" I really hope so.

"If it's not broken, why try to fix it?" Exactly.

"I am looking in the add-on menu and I can only search by combos, levels, weapons, cars blah blah why can't I search add-ons by games themselves instead of **bleep** crap with big pictures? Do you want me to buy something or give up looking for what I want?"   Exactly and, I second that.

Please use plain text.
Message 154 of 227 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 5, 2013

phantasystar77 wrote:

Yup, this store design is beyond bad. It was perfect before. I could find what I wanted to easy and rarely had a problem. Now its pretty much worthless. Missing items, overcomplicated design, worthless search options. Unless they fix this horrible design, I won't be spending much cash there anymore.

I second that. I too have had similar problems. Games that existed in the "old" PS-Store (such as Socom 4) don't 'exist' (to clarify: appear) in the new store. I've searched using a method I saw in a later post in this thread ("Games" > "All Games" > "All PS3 Games" and then narrowed the filter down several times, each time using a different option. The first option I tried was "Disc-Only games", and it would not appear. The second option I tried was "shooter game", and it wouldn't appear; I also tried other options and it still wouldn't appear. I even tried searching by typing (using the "brand new", really long method) "Socom" but even by typing in "SO", "SOC", and "SOCO" (and even going as far as to type the full thing, "SOCOM"), "Socom 4" wouldn't appear. The only two things that appeared were some PSP game that I can't recall the name of right now (I think it was "Fireteam Bravo") and "Socom Confrontation" (which is a "multiplayer only" Socom game that came out for the PS3 before Socom 4).

I'm also tired of trying to find other games that I could easily find in the "old" PS-Store but I can't find (simply because they won't appear. No matter where and/or how you look) in the "new" PS-Store.

I also cannot, for the love of humanity, find the Pulse videos and Qore episodes that I could very-easily-find on the previous version of the PS-Store. For the love of God and Humanity Sony, please discontinue the "new" PS-Store and bring back the "old" PS-Store.

Likewise, for those people who are saying "It was too complicated to search things on the old PS Store. When searching by category, I couldn't find anything. Likewise, the 'product-pages' for the PS3 stuff didn't have ALL the things on one page, like the NEW PS-Store does". Do what my cousin did (and taught me. Before I started tearing my hair out trying to find something WITHOUT-USING-SEARCH on the "old" PS-Store): go to the "All, A - Z" (or something along those lines) option in the left column in the "homepage" (ie. start-page) of the "old" PS-Store. You [most likely/probably] know the name of what you're looking for (example: the title of the game whose content (whether it be a DLC, a video-trailer, an avatar, a XMB theme, etc.) you are looking for). So go to (in my case, for example), "S" (for "Socom 4"), and then narrow down your search (if there's alot of games listed under "S", Sony probably narrowed down the search even further. Like, "SA - SM", "SN - ST", etc). And since you're looking for "Socom" (ie. "SO"), go to where "SO" would be, which is "SN - ST". Once in there (if there are no more "narrow down your options" to select), just search for the "game art" for your game (something I found really helpful and/or useful when finding the exact game I was looking for. THANK-YOU SONY :-)   ), and select the game-art for your game [once you've found it]. And voila! You've found all the stuff (DLC, "add-on"s, themes, avatars, video-trailers, etc.) that's available for your game.

Simple, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 155 of 227 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 5, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HisShadowX wrote:

I am in the movies section right now. The "Rent" section is gone. 

Its now replaced with the $0.99 weekly rentals..... They make MORE MONEY with people BUYING the movie than they do renting them out..... If you want movie rentals, go to a redbox for a few bucks less than what Sony has been charging.

Over complicated design I think sums up this **bleep** update. This update is the worst thing to happen to the PSN. It looks worse then both NGE and Windows 8. What Sony did you hire the failed team from Games from Windows Live to design this mess?

I like it..... its A LOT easier to navigate through and find stuff.... the predictive search feature was desperately needed. I found the old interface very cumbersone to navigate as I always had to go through several sections and sub-sections to find what I want because the search function was largely broken. 

Where can I go to complain or leave some sort of message that this store sucks?

EDIT: 

It took 30-40 seconds to load the PS Store.  I can no longer search by network for TV Shows.
Because TV Shows are no longer simply TIED to the network they are broacasted, they find they can make MORE MONEY by making them available online. 

Be patient, these things take time..... Its quite possible this facelift was done in order to slowly roll-in the new interface's

**bleep**?

Cursing is not allowed........ 

EDIT:2 I have spent thousands on the PS Store..... At this point unless you give us an option to revert or you fix this **bleep** load of crap I'll be taking my money elsewhere.
And so have many others, but some have an opposing opinion. 
Let me put it this way..... Sony already has your money from your previous purchases, if you want to go elsewhere thats fine. No one is going to bat an eyelash or so much as scoff at the idea. Most of us hate "Goodbye" comments so no one actually cares if you go somewhere else for your entertainment dollars.

I have close to $3000 just on PSN purchases from Games, DLC, movies and themes since the PS3's launch...... I'm not going to be upset if the PSN shut down for good. It would SUCK, but I at least got MUCH MORE enjoyment out of it than simply putting a dollar value to it..... Its not as if you're going to get your money back, unless someone is stupid enough to purchase your user account.
If everyone got their money back on purchases, we wouldn't have much of an economy and no one would be paid well in order to afford the things they need/want

The "Search" function [in the new PS-Store] does not help at all if what you are looking for does not appear [when you punch-in the name of it] (example, if the DLC-content of the game you are looking for, you cannot find, because the game's name did not appear when you typed it in using the "Search" thing).

Please use plain text.
Message 156 of 227 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 5, 2013

DragonIrons wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Games

PS3 Games

All PS3 Games

Choose "Sort" then choose "Name: A-Z"

Problem solved. All games sorted alphabetically.

If you want to further sort you can choose "Add Filter" and choose the filter you want. This includes things like Game Type (IE PSN Games, PS3 Full Games, PS2 Classic), Price, Accessories like PS Move or 3D, or other categories that are offered.

If you're looking for DLC for a title you already own then you should know the title name in which case simply use Search and search for the game you want DLC for. That will be the quickest way to find DLC for games you have.

guess what genius? we thought of that already. Too bad Sony doesnt' know the alphabet. Need for speed is coming before assassin's creed **bleep** in one section (ATER it's sorted A-Z).... others are out of order (so even if you sort it it's STILL not sorted). Some DLC (or the game itself) is flat out MISSING (when you use the "upgraded" search). Oh ya, that still doesnt' fracking help when the games are spread out in 10 diff f'ing catagories...........  So you think it's easier now to browse the add on section going to 8 different catagories (cause different DLC for one game could be in all 8....)??? Really? Did you ever even USE the store before now?  Hel this wouldnt' be so bad if instead of the 8 stupid **bleep** add on catagories like Stats and Weapons and Costumes..... it was the SAME A-Z list of games..... (and actally in order).

So use the search.... ya that's fine if you're looking for one game you KNOW the name of........ If your'e browsing JUST TO BROWSE it's too much of a pain in the arse to keep track of things by the time you're at the 8th catagory. Let's not forget this...... What if you want to go through all the games you own to see if there's any new dlc? Before all you had to do was fly through the A-Z games list.  I'd go through 40 games in like 30 minutes. NOW???? Cause of all the aforementioned reasons, it's actually easier to use the search they have now. Except THAT is slower too.. more crap to go through.... bigger screens to sift through..... more menus to plod through the laggy interface. takes ten times longer to scroll through the stupid letters then before when i could just use my real BT keyboard that i bought for the PS3 and type a word in in 2 seconds...... I went through all my games a week ago, and guess how long it took me THIS time like tthat?

An HOUR AND A HALF.....  You handful of people defending this garbage either need to open your eyes or read a thread before you post.

EDIT!!!!!!!! : LOL sorry ummmmm i didnt' quite realize what you said before. I never noticed that before and I guess neither did anyone else.....  I thought you meant sorting the Add on catagories, didnt' realize what you actually said. I just did that and hmmmmm, A-Z games list that's in order (i think). This might not be so bad now lmao......... just wish the interface wasnt' so "laggy".

the problem is that there's still a TON of games that you could find in the old store that you can't find in the new store (for example: Socom 4) -- even if you try the search-methods that @TheUndertaker85 wrote.

Please use plain text.
Message 157 of 227 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Series5Ranger wrote:

The Problem with the new store is that the interface isn't as intuitive as the old one. In the old one all you had to do was drill your way through the menu until you found what you were looking for. In the new one, it's more effective to search for what you want. the problem with that is, you lose out on stuff you might not otherwise know about. It's also way too slow and errors out half the time.

I second that COMPLETELY. And I also COMPLETELY agree with you.

Please use plain text.
Message 158 of 227 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 5, 2013
It's too bad Sony apparently doesn't read or care about all this. You would think they'd at least aknowledge these issues, & maybe even be open to suggestions.

Wait....we're talking about Sony....That's right, everything they do is automatically perfect & they just know the fans love everything since we keep paying more so they can endlessly repeat this.
Please use plain text.
Message 159 of 227 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 5, 2013
We now need to know exactly what games we want to check for dlc if we want them organized. Remember all the Pain & LBP dlc? I got almost all of them, but those games weren't always 1st on my mind when I was browsing. I would see them when I would check the updated games list to see if any new dlc was available for anything I owned. I wasn't simply looking for only a new stage or a new character skin, I was just LOOKING/BROWSING.
Please use plain text.
Message 160 of 227 (193 Views)
0 Likes