Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Jan 19, 2013

the ps store has been iratating me since they changed it and also a few times before the whole new layout. the first thing they did wrong was start changing the icons of the avatars, themes etc and i didnt know what folder was what. then they moved the layout around. and then they totally re did the layout. they have to know how badly this store is effecting sales. nothing is categorised right and i have to look at the entire full list of games now which takes me forever to scroll down, the search option is so slow i dont use it. the entire store is to graphical i have a fastttttttt internet and sonys servers caps my speed and the store loads slow as heck. i have friends who cant use the store its to slow for them. this is coming from a person who has 204 games last time i counted. yes i am i big time gamer this is what i love to do. im the person who use to check the store every single day for new content, not anymore. now when i go into the ps store my mind feels like its  being pulled from 8 directions and i want to scream. i feel like im looking at a huge mess. and then half of my screen on top is taken up by a gigantic add. lets say ps plus for example i want to view new games but i can only see one row of games, the rest of the screen is saying get ps plus now blah blah blah, i already have ps plus why would you be advertising it i know wth it does! i thought i would just get use to it but i cant its awfull. if i didnt have so much invested in ps3 i would go to xbox. its at that point that im so fedup with this. i think the same guy who designed this layout must be the same guy who invented windows 8. a bad layout can kill a company, just like myspace look what happened to them they went form a billion users to a 100 users in one week of a bad layout. i know this has to be effecting sales ever since they switched. this is my opinion and i hate it.

also i wish you would switch the game sharing cap to at least 3 ps3s!!!. its not fair that it went from 5 to 2. i have 2 ps3s and i wanted to get the white bundle ps3 because its a great deal but if i get it the ps3 would be useless to me since 140 of my games are ps network games they would all be unusuable. i would consider myself a valuable customer and my opinion matters with the thousands of dollars i spent on gaming. get your act together. make it simple and not flashy

Please use plain text.
Message 171 of 227 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 19, 2013

also why does my entire ps3 freeze if the store is under maintence, it says click O to go back but nothing happens i have to force my ps3 off. which really  bites the big one seeing as the ps store has been down like 28 hours already

Please use plain text.
Message 172 of 227 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I don't see how anyone can defend the new store just based on how SLOW it is compared to the old one.  It's not an internet problem either--my internet is running at 26Mbps right now.

I just upgraded my hard drive and signed up for PS+, and it took 20 minutes just to get the downloads STARTED on all the free games.  It seemed to lag more and more with every game I started downloading in the background.  This is something I could've done in just a few minutes on the old store regardless of what was background downloading.  RIDICULOUS.

Now that I actually have hard drive space, I was looking forward to downloading a crapload of demos and buying whatever I liked and buying a bunch of the PS+ discounted games.  But you know what?  I didn't download a **bleep** thing, becuase it's simply too much of a time consuming chore to try and download multiple items from the store.

When your storefront software is so broken that it actually significantly LIMITS the amount of things a customer can buy in a short amount of time and actively discourages impulse buys, it might be just be time to rethink things.

This is pathetic.  I won't be downloading near as much from the new store as I did from the old one.  No browsing around for new stuff and downloading multiple things--only specific things that I already know I want.

Please use plain text.
Message 173 of 227 (218 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Trying to look fancy and modern typically equates to a reduction in functionality for the user. Sony needs to drastically simplify the store, remove the fancy background and typography, and focus on two things: 1) getting as much content in the store as possible, and 2) making it dirt simple and fast to find, buy, and download said content.

The top games should ALWAYS be in the store; I'd go so far as to say that Sony should require all new releases be available on day one in the store as part of developer agreements. Spare us numerous "Add to Cart" and "Are You Sure? type screens, and let us get to it. Automatically start download new purchases in the background, like our web browsers do.

Sony should then release a smartphone app for all platforms with Apple Remote-like connectivity and functionality with the PS3, so a user can easily type in a search. It really all seems like common sense, but strangely eludes Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 174 of 227 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Lets all be honest with our selves here.

The new PS Store is **bleep** the fact they refuse to revert back to the old design is telling not to mention they just released a web version of the store thats better then the new PSN Store. Its crazy!

Please use plain text.
Message 175 of 227 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 25, 2013

AdamEvans wrote:

I don't see how anyone can defend the new store just based on how SLOW it is compared to the old one.  It's not an internet problem either--my internet is running at 26Mbps right now.

I just upgraded my hard drive and signed up for PS+, and it took 20 minutes just to get the downloads STARTED on all the free games.  It seemed to lag more and more with every game I started downloading in the background.  This is something I could've done in just a few minutes on the old store regardless of what was background downloading.  RIDICULOUS.

Now that I actually have hard drive space, I was looking forward to downloading a crapload of demos and buying whatever I liked and buying a bunch of the PS+ discounted games.  But you know what?  I didn't download a **bleep** thing, becuase it's simply too much of a time consuming chore to try and download multiple items from the store.

When your storefront software is so broken that it actually significantly LIMITS the amount of things a customer can buy in a short amount of time and actively discourages impulse buys, it might be just be time to rethink things.

This is pathetic.  I won't be downloading near as much from the new store as I did from the old one.  No browsing around for new stuff and downloading multiple things--only specific things that I already know I want.

You hit the nail on the head here. The new store is atrocious, and it's no wonder that they never changed it in Japan. The old one was easy to function and it was VERY easy to browse though. Even when you KNOW what you want, it's still an incredible pain to have to scroll through every single item to find that one thing. The old store was much more organized and much better, but what we have now is just a mess.

Please use plain text.
Message 176 of 227 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 2, 2013

What were they even thinking with this new store? It's slower, less efficient, the new search engine sucks and I can't find anything I need anymore. It's literally a downgrade in every single way. I can't even find the products I want to purchase anymore.

Until they revert I'm boycotting PS Plus and the PS Store all together, because they ruined a good thing. 

Please use plain text.
Message 177 of 227 (156 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28647 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 178 of 227 (154 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Too bad Sony doesn't read the forums.  If they did, they just might notice how so many people hate the new store.  They don't care about their users, only their wallets.  I just can't wait to see how much worse the next update will make it, because you know it will.

So why do I stick with them?  Because I hate the Crapbox, PCs are only good for FPS & MMOs, and the Wii U is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen (except for the new PS store, of course).

Please use plain text.
Message 179 of 227 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Steelebourne wrote:

Too bad Sony doesn't read the forums.  If they did, they just might notice how so many people hate the new store.  They don't care about their users, only their wallets.  I just can't wait to see how much worse the next update will make it, because you know it will.

So why do I stick with them?  Because I hate the Crapbox, PCs are only good for FPS & MMOs, and the Wii U is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen (except for the new PS store, of course).

Welcome to the Forums, 

If you hate the store that bad just use the online store, It's quiker and easier to use. Maybe sony needs to call some of you a Whambulance, i agree i to complained hard about the PSstore but they made it right by adding an online version so ppl who dislike the store can navigate it on their computers, then they can go download and install on ps3

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 180 of 227 (234 Views)