Wastelander
834 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Girahn wrote:

New PS Store "update" = All Netflix "updates" -- broken UI, terrible search options, insane gouping (and lack thereof)...

AND WHY ARE THERE STILL NO PREVIOUS DOWNLOAD FILTERS?!!?  5 years now.....I have 857 downloads...Having to go through the entire list  to find individual items I wanted to redownload when my 1st PS3 died was a massive headache, & that was "only" 400 items...

I know Sony doesn't care about what us common folk think, and that ranting about it here won't help.  I just want to rant.

Some people have downloads lists much longer than yours. Mine is over 1,200. That being said Sony has already acknowledged that people want a way to sort downloads lists. Proof can be found here. Simply look through the comments section and find the replies from staff.

As pointed out earlier, there are ways to "group" (sort) content on the PS Store with filters & such. Again, it's not perfect but it is there.

The way people are ranting is what's causing part of the problem... Misinformation or no information seems to be happening a lot.

Message 131 of 229 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Um dude, i just went to MY downloads in the store.... please point out what you're looking at cause unless I'm fracking blind there's no way to sort YOUR DOWNLOADS.  Other things like games and dlc ya.... but not that.

Message 132 of 229 (371 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Of course there are filters for most items on the store, just not in the Downloads folder. Granted, this probably isn't a huge issue for many people, but for restoring lost/deleted items it doesn't make any sense why this basic option has never been available. Sony says they appreciate input, but for some reason they keep overlooking this.

"Please stay on the line. Your input & satisfaction are very important to us. We appreciate your patience"...
Message 133 of 229 (353 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Just wanted to come in to also have my say:

i fully agree that the new store is HORRIBLE.

1: its slow as a turtle, it takes AGES to load in and it takes even ages to scrolls through anything whatsoever, logging off from the store even takes up a lot of time jeez man how unnecessary.

2: cant find anything whatsoever, everything is cluttered together, if you look for something specific prepare to waste half your day.

Please please please please PLEASE give us an option to use the old store, i dont use mobile phones to get on the store to begin with so what exactly do i need with apps anyway, and everything looks like a giant collection of billboards wich is NOT<--- friendly as it is NOT<---- practical.

-cal.

Message 134 of 229 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Apple just converted their store into a windows 8 **bleep** same with iTunes but you have the options to bring back the old look which is GOOD.

But yeah buying something on this store takes forever.

The turtle thing reminds me of those old PS3 Japanese Quotes the playstation father was known for using when responding to the price of the console.

Message 135 of 229 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Yeah the new store isRe: New PS Store sucks

Dec 14, 2012

Yeah the new store is awful.  To think months of resources went into this andit was suppsed to be the new defining psn experience and this is what we got. No owwwww and ahhhhhs just **bleep**

Message 136 of 229 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I really wonder who came up with the idea altering the new PS store. The old one works so perfectly well, and easy to navigate. The new look is so confusing, and the resolution is SO HORRIBLY BAD, I almost thought my TV broked cuz it looks like its running on 480P instead of full HD. 

Come on SCE! Change it back!!!

Message 137 of 229 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 16, 2012

DragonIrons wrote:

Um dude, i just went to MY downloads in the store.... please point out what you're looking at cause unless I'm fracking blind there's no way to sort YOUR DOWNLOADS.  Other things like games and dlc ya.... but not that.

Read his reply again.

Message 138 of 229 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Translation to the previous post

"Click on a bunch of links to attempt to figure out and watch a long walkthrough video because shopping should require skill!"

Message 139 of 229 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I can't believe that even a company as big and apparently "Savvie" as Sony can't understand the phrase "If it ain't bust, don't fix it"  Complete Morons.  You can't tell me that whoever designed the new PS Store sat back and said"Yup, that's much better" & "Yeah that's what everyone wants, a look to rival MSDOS5.1 and a speed to match".

I shall also be boycotting the Sony store until the original one returns, mailny because it is the worst thing anyone could bestow on another human with all the hatred of the Devil himself but also because I can't find a **bleep** thing on the slow pile of steaming brown that it is..

Message 140 of 229 (249 Views)
0 Likes