Re: New PS Store sucks

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Games

PS3 Games

All PS3 Games

Choose "Sort" then choose "Name: A-Z"

Problem solved. All games sorted alphabetically.

If you want to further sort you can choose "Add Filter" and choose the filter you want. This includes things like Game Type (IE PSN Games, PS3 Full Games, PS2 Classic), Price, Accessories like PS Move or 3D, or other categories that are offered.

If you're looking for DLC for a title you already own then you should know the title name in which case simply use Search and search for the game you want DLC for. That will be the quickest way to find DLC for games you have.

guess what genius? we thought of that already. Too bad Sony doesnt' know the alphabet. Need for speed is coming before assassin's creed **bleep** in one section (ATER it's sorted A-Z).... others are out of order (so even if you sort it it's STILL not sorted). Some DLC (or the game itself) is flat out MISSING (when you use the "upgraded" search). Oh ya, that still doesnt' fracking help when the games are spread out in 10 diff f'ing catagories...........  So you think it's easier now to browse the add on section going to 8 different catagories (cause different DLC for one game could be in all 8....)??? Really? Did you ever even USE the store before now?  Hel this wouldnt' be so bad if instead of the 8 stupid **bleep** add on catagories like Stats and Weapons and Costumes..... it was the SAME A-Z list of games..... (and actally in order).

So use the search.... ya that's fine if you're looking for one game you KNOW the name of........ If your'e browsing JUST TO BROWSE it's too much of a pain in the arse to keep track of things by the time you're at the 8th catagory. Let's not forget this...... What if you want to go through all the games you own to see if there's any new dlc? Before all you had to do was fly through the A-Z games list.  I'd go through 40 games in like 30 minutes. NOW???? Cause of all the aforementioned reasons, it's actually easier to use the search they have now. Except THAT is slower too.. more crap to go through.... bigger screens to sift through..... more menus to plod through the laggy interface. takes ten times longer to scroll through the stupid letters then before when i could just use my real BT keyboard that i bought for the PS3 and type a word in in 2 seconds...... I went through all my games a week ago, and guess how long it took me THIS time like tthat?

An HOUR AND A HALF.....  You handful of people defending this garbage either need to open your eyes or read a thread before you post.

EDIT!!!!!!!! : LOL sorry ummmmm i didnt' quite realize what you said before. I never noticed that before and I guess neither did anyone else.....  I thought you meant sorting the Add on catagories, didnt' realize what you actually said. I just did that and hmmmmm, A-Z games list that's in order (i think). This might not be so bad now lmao......... just wish the interface wasnt' so "laggy".

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 227 (255 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 227 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Dec 12, 2012

DragonIrons wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Games

PS3 Games

All PS3 Games

Choose "Sort" then choose "Name: A-Z"

Problem solved. All games sorted alphabetically.

If you want to further sort you can choose "Add Filter" and choose the filter you want. This includes things like Game Type (IE PSN Games, PS3 Full Games, PS2 Classic), Price, Accessories like PS Move or 3D, or other categories that are offered.

If you're looking for DLC for a title you already own then you should know the title name in which case simply use Search and search for the game you want DLC for. That will be the quickest way to find DLC for games you have.

guess what genius? we thought of that already. Too bad Sony doesnt' know the alphabet. Need for speed is coming before assassin's creed **bleep** in one section (ATER it's sorted A-Z).... others are out of order (so even if you sort it it's STILL not sorted). Some DLC (or the game itself) is flat out MISSING (when you use the "upgraded" search). Oh ya, that still doesnt' fracking help when the games are spread out in 10 diff f'ing catagories...........  So you think it's easier now to browse the add on section going to 8 different catagories (cause different DLC for one game could be in all 8....)??? Really? Did you ever even USE the store before now?  Hel this wouldnt' be so bad if instead of the 8 stupid **bleep** add on catagories like Stats and Weapons and Costumes..... it was the SAME A-Z list of games..... (and actally in order).

So use the search.... ya that's fine if you're looking for one game you KNOW the name of........ If your'e browsing JUST TO BROWSE it's too much of a pain in the arse to keep track of things by the time you're at the 8th catagory. Let's not forget this...... What if you want to go through all the games you own to see if there's any new dlc? Before all you had to do was fly through the A-Z games list.  I'd go through 40 games in like 30 minutes. NOW???? Cause of all the aforementioned reasons, it's actually easier to use the search they have now. Except THAT is slower too.. more crap to go through.... bigger screens to sift through..... more menus to plod through the laggy interface. takes ten times longer to scroll through the stupid letters then before when i could just use my real BT keyboard that i bought for the PS3 and type a word in in 2 seconds...... I went through all my games a week ago, and guess how long it took me THIS time like tthat?

An HOUR AND A HALF.....  You handful of people defending this garbage either need to open your eyes or read a thread before you post.

EDIT!!!!!!!! : LOL sorry ummmmm i didnt' quite realize what you said before. I never noticed that before and I guess neither did anyone else.....  I thought you meant sorting the Add on catagories, didnt' realize what you actually said. I just did that and hmmmmm, A-Z games list that's in order (i think). This might not be so bad now lmao......... just wish the interface wasnt' so "laggy".

There will be a tiny bit of lag there. I will also state though that it seems like the lag is aleviated with time. The more I use the store the smoother it seems to be.

I do realize the new store is different and at first glance it's bad but do believe me here. Once you start navigating it becomes much, much easier.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 227 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1631 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

ya, i've been one of the strongest bashers of this thing lately. But the main reason was being able to browse fast, and you couldnt' do that IN the add-on section anymore. Most people when you think DLC, you go to the DLC section (like before cept before the section itself was listed by games A-Z).  I didnt' even think of what you just showed me (or us lol).  Why would I? The dlc section is a mess so use the search.... it's a crap load slower but hey. Wish somone had mentioned what you did a week ago rofl.

lol what amazes me is it took like 10 different threads and 130 posts on this one for someone to mentioned what you did................ rofl

Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 227 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Ps store was to sloppy before. They should put their money towards getting exclusives like minecraft
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 227 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 227 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Dec 12, 2012

DragonIrons wrote:

ya, i've been one of the strongest bashers of this thing lately. But the main reason was being able to browse fast, and you couldnt' do that IN the add-on section anymore. Most people when you think DLC, you go to the DLC section (like before cept before the section itself was listed by games A-Z).  I didnt' even think of what you just showed me (or us lol).  Why would I? The dlc section is a mess so use the search.... it's a crap load slower but hey. Wish somone had mentioned what you did a week ago rofl.

lol what amazes me is it took like 10 different threads and 130 posts on this one for someone to mentioned what you did................ rofl

People aren't wrong about the search but it's just time. Things are getting fixed with the store which is evident by the 1.01 update that has been released & the progress we know happened before it even came to the North American region. PAL regions have also recently launched their online store for viewing & purchasing PSN content via web browser. This is happening because of the capacity of the new store, something the old store couldn't offer.

I know it's not perfect now but it is usable. Things can be easier for users who really dig through the new store and find out about the options that are there with filters & such.

Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 227 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 12, 2012

New PS Store "update" = All Netflix "updates" -- broken UI, terrible search options, insane gouping (and lack thereof)...

AND WHY ARE THERE STILL NO PREVIOUS DOWNLOAD FILTERS?!!?  5 years now.....I have 857 downloads...Having to go through the entire list  to find individual items I wanted to redownload when my 1st PS3 died was a massive headache, & that was "only" 400 items...

I know Sony doesn't care about what us common folk think, and that ranting about it here won't help.  I just want to rant.

Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 227 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1631 posts

Dec 12, 2012

that's something i'm actually surprised they havent' done yet....... hell my list is getting a tad long already and i've only had the thing a year.

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 227 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I envy the japanese. They still have the old layout.  

They probably did it because the ADs (and the revenue, monetary or otherwise) for AAA titles are now bigger.

Cliffracer Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 227 (183 Views)
0 Likes