Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Nov 29, 2012
Also hate it, i dont understand why people need to change things that are simple and make them more complicated. Having artwork and giant boxes for the items dosent do anything. I just tried doing a manual search today and that was a clusterfu** It didnt help me find what i wanted at all. Im not going to spend the time looking and learning the new store im just gonna not use it unless theres something I must have that i know about. Its easy to see why sony keeps losing money cause theyre run by idiots.
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 227 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Its bad. Seriously bad. I don't mind them changing the layout however searching for  sh** is absolutely horrendous. I'm trying to find Add-Ons for a game of mine. but instead of being like it used to be-

PS3 Add-ons - Select Alphabet Zone - Select game title - View all that game's addons

Now its

PS3 Add-ons - Select category - have fun searching through the thousands of add-ons that fit that category from the thousands of games that have them.

Its dumb as hell. Then there is no resize option so everything is big as all hell. It takes way longer than needed just to scroll through them all. If a game has 86 Add-ons, have fun reading the big **bleep** words and titles that take up a third of the screen as you slowly scroll down all 86 just to see what they are.

New PSN is terrible absolutely terrible

Killing off the very specific and organized searching options and replaced it with a few categories to make a giant clusterfu** to fit most of them is completely stupid. I swear one of the categories has over 1000 entries in it. God knows how many games are mixed in that. Its absurd to the worst degree.

I can't find Zen Pinball at all. i have to manually search for it. Same for Scott Pilgrim the game. so that's not fun either. It took 20 minutes looking through ALL the PSN categories only to find nothing.

I don't mind if they want to change the look but killing off the very well organized searching abilities and text resizing has made looking through this crap a real pain in the **bleep**. - -

This thread should be a petition to get the change reversed.

Oh and the new PSN is much slower too

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 227 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Nov 29, 2012

DragonIrons wrote:

G2theE91 wrote:

Just bought a ps3 and the store though a little slow is decent.  The only major problem with the store is that you can't view already downloaded, can't download multiple items from your purchase list, and sometimes won't get the download all which makes it a pain to download some items, and there is still no download after shutdown, This however was always the case so don't think this layout is a game changer either way.

um... dude..... they didnt' change the downloads section at least..... it's still there.  How the hell can you miss it? You log onto the store, the MAIN MENU says Welcome, then Games, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, VIEW DOWNLOADS, Redeem Codes.......

I see the list but that's not what I mean.  If you happen to have an iphone you can see what I am talking about.  They have a list of your purchase history, like psn but they let you know which items are already installed.  With psn the download list is not a previous downloaded list its a purchase history. 

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 227 (276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

what the hell are you talking about? I go to View Downloads and it's a list of everything I've downloaded whether it's DLC or free demos................. idk what you're looking at......

Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 227 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I am not a fan of being able to search things by game without typing the name of the game in first. it takes so much longer than it should with the keyboard being like a game of tetris with no complete lines.

"Problems do not fix Themselves"
Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 227 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Nov 29, 2012

You either have to search the name of what you're looking for OR browse by looking through hundreds of other content (Rock Band) and hoping to find it. 

I can't believe this thread has lasted for so long and it seems people really do feel the same way. Yes we have the two trolls that repond to every post here and they call themselves the majority lol

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 227 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I'm not asking for a return to the old store, just more accessibility. I'm trying to look for game add-ons and guess what? No alphebetical listing. Yes you can sort by A-Z, but only by going into "levels, weapons," etc categories. And what about PS3 games? Am I supposed to look for what I want by going through all 700 different games instead of just going to the M-N category? Come on, Sony, it's simple. If I can't find what I want, I can't buy it, you miss out on my money. 

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 227 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Just do what I did the other night..... spend an hour (or more) using the "new" search "typing" in the name of every game you own so you can check each game's individual page and see if there's any new add-ons (instead of using the old, simple, SINGLE list of games sorted A-Z in like 30 minutes or less)...... it's SOOOO much better this way....

/sarcasm off >.<

*shoots the idiot that thought this up*

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 227 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah it is way too slow. Uses way too many resources. I have no idea who thought this was a good idea, but they need to be fired. I compared it to the Japanese store, and the Japanese store is alot easier to use and a whole lot faster. It makes more sense, even if you don't understand Japanese. I say bring back the old design. This is just a failure. It's like windows ME and needs to be swept under the rug and promptly forgotten about.
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 227 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2012

you could do what im about to do, stop using pss and go to xbox or better yet, go to steam. sony does not care about its customers, we should have learned this when the network was hacked and they never told us anything. Sony you are just like google, who took over youtuve and basicly raped it. you raped your own store and now no one wants to use it.

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 227 (167 Views)
0 Likes