Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
517 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Nov 13, 2012
I hate the new store because there are ads in there now. When I went to new content I could not find anything because it Judy showed the new 007 movie trailer which is only in theatres. Who gives a crap about something I have to see in a theatre. I have not been to the theatre in over eight years because of rude people.

Anyway I had to click right again to find the new releases and I still could not find the new Pinball Arcade add on content. If not for the blog I would have not even known pack 5 came out. I had to search for PI and then I found it on the page. Also I had to go through about five or more steps just to purchase it.
tonyr6idt Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 227 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Eventually they will just force everyone to upgrade. Yahoo and Gmail for years the majority wanted nothing to do with the new design. To be fair I never ever upgraded Yahoo mail from the 90s until I forced this year. 

However there newest design is a throw back to the popular version.

Winamp 2.0 is still the most popular skin for Winamp. 

People do not want a jumbled mess they want something that works better and its easier to move around. Not some pretty graphic that you need a walkthrough to figure out like the PS Store.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 227 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Oh my GOD sony, the one thing I asked for that you could have so easily added in this new store update is a SORT FUNCTION TO FIND PAST DOWNLOADS EASIER! and you couldn't do that?? WHY What was the reason? I dont get it!

-You have a listing in the store of all my past downloads, Okay cool so now I dont have to go to my account list to redownload old content.

-The list has tags on each entry to define it as a demo, a game, or even a fullgame unlock key, even better...

-BUT YOU COULD NOT LET US SORT THE LIST??? **bleep**?

Also your Search feature leaves a LOT to be desired, Big slow blocky letter by letter entry? Seriously? I searched N for "Need for Speed" and got a list of a dozen things, none of which were that. Forcing me to enter in these SLOOOW moving ridiculously huge letters for "NEED" before I found it. I'd rather have the old Telephone style key pad than this junk.

Who the heck greenlit this design?! Because He needs some hatemail.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 227 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I'm glad someone else has my same thoughts. **bleep** did they do. Freaking European influence. I also I'm signed in to the Japanes PS store but  they have not changed.  There's a word for the new PS Store, "FUBAR".

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 227 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
375 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Just tried looking for DLC for one of my games, White Knight Chronicles 2, and found that instead of everything being divided and organized nicely like it was before, it's now just a giant alphabetized list you have to scroll through (170 items to be exact). Then I checked Uncharted 3's DLC and saw a whopping 333 different items to look through. Unless I am missing an option here that organizes content differently, this really seems like a major step backwards. I liked the previous version of the store a lot better. It loaded faster and everything was organized perfectly, in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 227 (372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2012

The new PSN Story is bad, it throws everything in your face, its a mess, i cant find what am looking for, I do to look for DLCs, it throws every DLC for every game in my face, like this is not what am looking for. Change it back or fix it where it only shows DLCs for game you own, not just Thorw DLCs in my face and wishing me good lucky on what am trying to find

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 227 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Awful "upgrade". Icons too big, very hard to search for anything without getting 100 other unrelated things, and loads even slower than the old store did.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 227 (365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I have to agree.  Some items in the plus area that were previously purchase are unaccessable for the older ones.  Navigation and sorting  sucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 227 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Nov 14, 2012

primus001 wrote:

I have to agree.  Some items in the plus area that were previously purchase are unaccessable for the older ones.  Navigation and sorting  sucks.

OK, valid, completely valid.

I signed on this morning to download RE5 Gold before I forgot about it.  When going through the menu, I was confused by that lack of acknowledgement the new Store look gives to fully downloaded games.  

I had to recheck my inventory to make sure it was not necessary for me to download them again.

Is this perhaps, a method Sony is employing, should a PLUS member lose their downloaded games, they would be held in queue for re downloading without additional charge?

I do know this was a problem in the past.  If not, I would like to see the downloaded icon added back to the store.  

On valid complaint (IMHO) so far, WOW.  Impressive.  

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 227 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I'm pretty disappointed in the new PS store. It looks nice but the functionality isn't there. They also need to do a much better job at organizing add-on content. Uncharted 3 has over 330 pieces of content all grouped into one folder "Add-Ons." Add-on content needs to be grouped into sub-folders. It took me about 15 minutes of scrolling through the content to find the add-on map pack bundle.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 227 (299 Views)