Nov 10 2012
By: Von_Rotten First Son 3 posts

New PS Store sucks.

4 replies 97 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

...... really really bad. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Message 1 of 5 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks.

Nov 10, 2012

It's okay.  The new UI just launched here in the states and it works. In a dream world it'd be several times faster than the speed of sound, but we don't live in fantasy. What I'd love to have is a previously purchased slide/panel with everything I've ever bought broken down by type of media. Well that and the ability to reauth old episodes of shows w/o purchase.

Message 2 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
629 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Cool Story

Message 3 of 5 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Well the first thing I noticed was I had to press the circle button to get out of it like a kagillian times because they took away the xmb ps button funtion that works perfectly with everything else. And getting to the menu on the left requires me to press left instead of assigning that to the circle button and left out the xmb menu when the ps button is pressed. I also noticed I have to press the x more to download something and the playstation 3 has never installed games in the background. Yes it does suck.
Create
Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

The new visual style is nice and i love how they present the titles. A visual update was much needed from the old PS3 store and they did pretty well making it much more intuitive.

However i must agree that its also the worst thing to happen to the PS3 in a long time.

*First of all to download a demo you need to go through 5 steps after hitting download before you start downloading (purchase this product for 0$? Please select payment method for 0$ etc...) and offcause once you have download a game it takes 5-15 minutes to install.

[On the xbox360 that is 1 step and games are allready installed once you download them.]

*They removed support for HDMI control which is the ONLY playstation app that does, meaning that all of us who have been enjoying being able to control out entire PS3 entertainment system with our TV remote now have to get down the drawer to pick up the PS3 controller.

[You can't do HDMI control on the Xbox360 at all, but it was one of the many forces of the ps3, now they are on par]

*They removed the PS XMB menu from the store (clicking the PS button on your controller) which again is the ONLY playstation app that does this. It overall seems like this app was not made for the PS3 but some other system since all the core services are gone.

[On the Xbox360 you can at any time access the xbox menu by hitting the xbox button even in the store]

*It is lagging in the transitions. We know the Playstation store can't handle as much in terms of on demand grapichs as the Xbox360, due to the slow IO, but making it lag in transitions just emphasises the fact that the PS3 is a very slow system, and it makes for a horrible user expreience. There is allready huge problems with slow load times of titles, achivement sync and this just adds on top.

[have not noticed any lag on the xbox360 store grapichs at all]

Generally i think Sony and the PS3 have long lost its edge and this new store is in so many ways a step back and i don't think it is going to change (as the PS4 is only a few years out).

Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)
0 Likes