First Son
8 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Nov 2, 2012

While I will say the predictive search function is very nice the rest of it is like going from an Android to a windows phone, I liked all the menus that helped me narrow my searches, I don't need giant pictures that take up my whole screen. I have a lot of other issues but my biggest one right now is that I can't add funds, its a store where I cannot purchase anything right now which makes it useless.

The best solution I can see would just be to offer a classic mode for people who liked the old design better, it might cost them a little money but isn't customer service supposed to be important for companies? or not

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 227 (1,944 Views)
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

*wrong thread nvm*

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 227 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I agree OP,  this new PS N store is a convoluted mess, no longer is the store an easy to use store front with an intuitive GUI it's a mess of confusion about where I can find a specific type of DLC.  I can't find a way yet to sort to see all DLC for games broken down by alphabetical orderlike we had with the old PSN store - I have to try to figure out what kind of DLC Sony thinks a particular add on is and then randomly search.  I'm one of the guys who plays both PS3 and Xbox and the best thing Sony had over over Microsoft apart from free online plau\y was a great online store interface, and now I'm afraid the new store is worse than the Xbox Live marketplace interface with its MS Metro UI. 

We still haven't gotten the ability to sort our download history by game so we still have to scroll through years of downloads just to find a particular piece of content, this wasn't too bad when you could be at the game and see all associated DLC with 2 or 3 clicks but now we don't even have that ability.  Sony you have taken many steps backwards with this store front and you should go back to the old one ASAP until you can design a new store front that maintains the ease of use of the old one.

At the bare minmum give us the option to switch back the the old UI.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 227 (1,931 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Nov 2, 2012

x12796 wrote:

We still haven't gotten the ability to sort our download history by game so we still have to scroll through years of downloads just to find a particular piece of content, this wasn't too bad when you could be at the game and see all associated DLC with 2 or 3 clicks but now we don't even have that ability.  Sony you have taken many steps backwards with this store front and you should go back to the old one ASAP until you can design a new store front that maintains the ease of use of the old one.

I couldn't agree more.  The Download list has always needed an option to sort or filter, now it's even worse.

Nimoy's Trophies
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 227 (1,922 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012

The new store is now more complicated to navigate then the old store the only thing the old store needed was to be more organized. If its not broke why redo the whole format. And I'm not blind. Who are you  trying to impress?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 227 (1,885 Views)
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I was going to rent a movie today thats when I discovered the **bleep** load of **bleep** the came out. It's okay Sony instead of giving you money I bought an iPhone 5 and rented a movie on the iTunes. Your loss

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 227 (1,857 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 2, 2012

The new store is terrible. Vita demos in the PSP section, ALL new content is under New on PS3 for some reason, can't buy some items, store crashes trying to download a fairly large dynamic theme, can't background download those, so I'm SooL. 

Inconsistent layout for content, your eyes can't be trained to easily find things with this lame scattered big picture design. Long start up time, longer checkout process, tedious sound effects, among many other issues.

Sony should be ashamed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 227 (1,857 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I happen to like the new store. It was time for an update.
Everytime Sony changes things, people have to complain.
Can't keep everyone happy..

Now if they would only change the XMB.....
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 227 (1,849 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

This new update is bad and Playstation should feel bad. It's complete ****! The search function is just as bad as the youtube app search function, I cant seem to find anymore themes, and the whole layout and all the huge images are terrible. 

Just give us back the old freaking psn store!

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 227 (1,847 Views)
Fender Bender
3192 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

iwipemy wrote:

This new update is bad and Playstation should feel bad. It's complete sh*t! The search function is just as bad as the youtube app search function, I cant seem to find anymore themes, and the whole layout and all the huge images are terrible. 

Just give us back the old freaking psn store!

PSN no longer exists realy, SEN took over the network remember.

SEN runs video unlimited, Music unlimited, PS-mobile, playmemories and bucket loads more

Can't realy expect SEN to run 2 data base system with all that cost did you... This has been coming ever since those services launched on HDTV and BD players... and the PSN store was the older system... 

Those who asked " is video unlimited app going to replace PSN video store" have their answer.... SEN did not just replace the Video store its replaced the HOLE store system with the app... 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 227 (1,837 Views)