Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 02 2012
By: HisShadowX Lombax Warrior 135 posts

New PS Store sucks

[ Edited ]
226 replies 5529 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

I just woke up it looks like NgE and Windows 8 which means it looks like a big pile of crap. Seriously big pictures everywhere, I have glasses and I am not blind and instead of a simple layout you make big pictures?

Can we have an option to go back? If it's not broke why try to fix it?

It's like Gmail and Yahoo Mail each new version sucks and has less features and harder to get around but they constantly want you to update and force you to update. Did employees who did not like it get a certain stern e-mail with the jerk boss statement "going forward" ?

EDIT: btw is the new PS Store supposed to give you a headache by looking at it? Seriously I am getting a headache

EDIT2: I am looking in the add-on menu and I can only search by combos, levels, weapons, cars blah blah why can't I search add-ons by games themselves instead of **bleep** crap with big pictures? Do you want me to buy something or give up looking for what I want?

EDIT3: Buying something shouldn't feel like I am playing a hard as nails bull crap game that feels like the computer is cheating like those old LJN classics.

EDIT 4: This topic is still going months later. Looks like Sony released a web version to buy PSN items which is better then the actual new PS Store. Why won't sony revert back to the old PSN Store?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 227 (5,529 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Nov 2, 2012

Yup, this store design is beyond bad. It was perfect before. I could find what I wanted to easy and rarely had a problem. Now its pretty much worthless. Missing items, overcomplicated design, worthless search options. I can't even add funds to renew my Plus subscription despite adding them just fine 15 minutes before to purchase a few things. And let me tell you, purchasing those 5 items took far longer then it should have. Maybe Sony thinks if people spend longer in the store searching for what they want, they might buy more.  I'd try to complain to Sony directly, but I doubt they would care. They could have a million customers complaining about it and they still wouldn't go back. I seriously lack the time and patients to try searching around the new store for new stuff to buy. Unless they fix this horrible design, I won't be spending much cash there anymore. As a person who has spent $1000s on there and has nearly filled 3 PS3 systems with content, they'll definitely be losing a lot of cash from me.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 227 (5,517 Views)
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I am in the movies section right now. The "Rent" section is gone. 

Over complicated design I think sums up this **bleep** update. This update is the worst thing to happen to the PSN. It looks worse then both NGE and Windows 8. What Sony did you hire the failed team from Games from Windows Live to design this mess?

Where can I go to complain or leave some sort of message that this store sucks?

EDIT: 

It took 30-40 seconds to load the PS Store.  I can no longer search by network for TV Shows.

**bleep**?

EDIT:2 I have spent thousands on the PS Store..... At this point unless you give us an option to revert or you fix this **bleep** load of crap I'll be taking my money elsewhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 227 (5,513 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I really like the XBox store with the exception of the sloppy looking weekly additions of new Rock Band content. Still, I thought the old Playstation store was a bit better then the 360s. Sony simply took a huge step back.. As for Windows 8 I haven't tried it so I can't comment. Seriously though, this new PS Store is even worse then the Wii store. At least I can can find stuff on my Wii, and the set up is at least functional.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 227 (5,502 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Ugh! The new store looks awful, indeed.

Sony! Please give us the option to use the old version of the store!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 227 (5,489 Views)
Fender Bender
3557 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Its not a new store. It video unlimited app GUI Tweeked too work over all content.

You have had this GUI since November 2011.... to late to start moaning now you should have done that last year when the VU app was released....  

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 227 (5,442 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Nov 2, 2012

HisShadowX wrote:

I am in the movies section right now. The "Rent" section is gone. 

Its now replaced with the $0.99 weekly rentals..... They make MORE MONEY with people BUYING the movie than they do renting them out..... If you want movie rentals, go to a redbox for a few bucks less than what Sony has been charging.

Over complicated design I think sums up this **bleep** update. This update is the worst thing to happen to the PSN. It looks worse then both NGE and Windows 8. What Sony did you hire the failed team from Games from Windows Live to design this mess?

I like it..... its A LOT easier to navigate through and find stuff.... the predictive search feature was desperately needed. I found the old interface very cumbersone to navigate as I always had to go through several sections and sub-sections to find what I want because the search function was largely broken. 

Where can I go to complain or leave some sort of message that this store sucks?

EDIT: 

It took 30-40 seconds to load the PS Store.  I can no longer search by network for TV Shows.
Because TV Shows are no longer simply TIED to the network they are broacasted, they find they can make MORE MONEY by making them available online. 

Be patient, these things take time..... Its quite possible this facelift was done in order to slowly roll-in the new interface's

**bleep**?

Cursing is not allowed........ 

EDIT:2 I have spent thousands on the PS Store..... At this point unless you give us an option to revert or you fix this **bleep** load of crap I'll be taking my money elsewhere.
And so have many others, but some have an opposing opinion. 
Let me put it this way..... Sony already has your money from your previous purchases, if you want to go elsewhere thats fine. No one is going to bat an eyelash or so much as scoff at the idea. Most of us hate "Goodbye" comments so no one actually cares if you go somewhere else for your entertainment dollars.

I have close to $3000 just on PSN purchases from Games, DLC, movies and themes since the PS3's launch...... I'm not going to be upset if the PSN shut down for good. It would SUCK, but I at least got MUCH MORE enjoyment out of it than simply putting a dollar value to it..... Its not as if you're going to get your money back, unless someone is stupid enough to purchase your user account.
If everyone got their money back on purchases, we wouldn't have much of an economy and no one would be paid well in order to afford the things they need/want

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 227 (5,441 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Nov 2, 2012

GraphiteGB wrote:

Its not a new store. It video unlimited app GUI Tweeked too work over all content.

You have had this GUI since November 2011.... to late to start moaning now you should have done that last year when the VU app was released....  

Very true...... I almost didn't notice it.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 227 (5,438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I love the old layout. Easy to navigate and I always found what I was looking for. It's part of the reason I love the PS3. Now it's like a scavenger hunt through ***t just to maybe find what you jumped on the PSS for. What a waste of my time. Safe to say I'm going to complain until they fix it. Haha

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 227 (5,432 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Nov 2, 2012

HisShadowX wrote:

I just woke up it looks like NgE and Windows 8 which means it looks like a big pile of crap. Seriously big pictures everywhere, I have glasses and I am not blind and instead of a simple layout you make big pictures?

Take this for a loop..... DO YOU SEE ADS anywhere? Thats the MAIN difference.... The Metro styling has always been a "perfect" storm for sometime, A LOT of programs and computers are going to this simple navigation. Even websites. It makes the entire experience a lot more pleasing.
While I've always hated the styling personally, It does make a lot of sense and makes things simpler to use for everyone. I only hated it on Xbox because of the advertisements ON EVERY PAGE. Even with a premium subscription, you had ads.... Everywhere else, when you have a premium subscription, the ads are not shown.

Can we have an option to go back? If it's not broke why try to fix it?

It was broke..... I found the old format hard to navigate and cumbersome. The search function is worse than any search feature I've ever used..... I can make my own database on my computer with a search function that performs better. The predictive text is  leaps and bounds better in every way.

It's like Gmail and Yahoo Mail each new version sucks and has less features and harder to get around but they constantly want you to update and force you to update. Did employees who did not like it get a certain stern e-mail with the jerk boss statement "going forward" ?

EDIT: btw is the new PS Store supposed to give you a headache by looking at it? Seriously I am getting a headache
Eat more, drink less caffinated beverages, turn down the brightness on your TV.....

EDIT2: I am looking in the add-on menu and I can only search by combos, levels, weapons, cars blah blah why can't I search add-ons by games themselves instead of **bleep** crap with big pictures? Do you want me to buy something or give up looking for what I want?
Why not just SEARCH using the TITLE of the game you want add-ons for? I spent 10minutes getting used to the new format and I am now a pro at it

EDIT3: Buying something shouldn't feel like I am playing a hard as nails bull crap game that feels like the computer is cheating like those old LJN classics.
If you actually liked the old format and you think this updates is "hard as nails", then you have some backwards thinking. A lot of people like the new update.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 227 (5,431 Views)
0 Likes