Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Re: New PS Community Forums - Are you excited or worried?

Dec 23, 2010

I would have to agree as well.  It's so bloody hard to find where you want to go now.  But I will give it some semblance of a chance.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 21 of 33 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3171 posts

Dec 23, 2010

this has to be the worst forum design ever

Drago
Message 22 of 33 (38 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1562 posts

Dec 23, 2010

After about 5 minutes of messing around, I can now navigate through everything.

Even though I can get through things, I can see why people find it confusing.

I think the main problem is there's no actual "Outline" of the different threads.

Message 23 of 33 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Idk why, but it's harder to view posts. Maybe because every post title looks to similar. The other version made post title's look more unique and distinguishable. I guess I have to get a  little bit more used to it. Everything is black and white to me when i read the threads.

Message 24 of 33 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Worried. Definitley.

The reply option is super small it took me 5min to find it. Why would they not make it a button..

They deleted all my friends, all my private messages, and previously visited threads. How the hell am I supposed to find anything.

And I don't see an option to change this BRIGHT white background to black..they added the black background as an option the last time they updated...Why get rid of it.

I want the black background back.

And I can't change the color of my text ...........wow

Good thread btw

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 25 of 33 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Dec 23, 2010

The following video might be of help. There is Order to what appears to be chaos.

They now have what is called "Spaces". I hope that this video will be of help. I also book Marked it. it might help you and then again it may not. I found this last night about 5 minutes into the forums.

I am truly surprised no one has ever brought it up. I just selected a random Post

Again I hope that the video will  be of help. Mind  you I just selected a random post. I hope it will help.

Also there are other things that they have done to help. Select "Your Stuff" link and you will be taken directly to your postings.

Good Luck and have fun.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 26 of 33 (38 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I am excited about them. We can be rest assured that Sony is fixing the problems.

Message 27 of 33 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I have to say, these are the most confusing and absolutely ridiculous forums I have ever seen.

Message 28 of 33 (38 Views)
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I concur with the previous statement. I prefer the older forums.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 33 (38 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Dec 23, 2010

The news feed/blog type home page is utter trash. Sadly enough I don't think they won't be chaning it back with is a disappointment making this place harder to nagaviate. Personally liked the old traditional forum style now the forum is broken.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 30 of 33 (38 Views)
0 Likes