Dec 23 2012
By: xN0000bSLaY3Rx First Son 2 posts

New ISP, cant retrieve forgotten password.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 182 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

I recently changed ISPs. So I no longer can receive emails to my old email address.

I remeber the email address, DOB for the PSN account but I cant remember the password.

And I've sen a forgotten password email to my old email address but that doesnt help.

HELP PLEASE

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

Re: New ISP, cant retrieve forgotten password.

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

What're we supposed to do? lol  Just cause you changed ISP's shouldn't mean you can't access the site / email of your old one unless you had some weird ISP before. As for your password..... like I said what can we do? Like we're supposed to remember it for you?? Call your old ISP and have them reset it over the phone. Then you log in and change it to what you want.  IDK about your old one but my email will do that.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Contact Sony support 1-800-345-7669

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (165 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

Jmes99 wrote:

Contact Sony support 1-800-345-7669

Do you even know what a ISP is? How in the hell would SONY know the password for him to log on his email through his ISP (such as AOL)?????

Edit: err i just re-read his first post and I'm not even sure what happened now. Did he lose his email password or his password for PSN???   If it was the latter then ya sony could reset it, hell they might be able to change the email associated with your PSN account over the phone but idk.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1423 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Well it should be the same email and password that you used to sign in here to post your question. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8425 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

xN0000bSLaY3Rx wrote:

I recently changed ISPs. So I no longer can receive emails to my old email address.

I remeber the email address, DOB for the PSN account but I cant remember the password.

And I've sen a forgotten password email to my old email address but that doesnt help.

HELP PLEASE

Ugh....  should NEVER use an ISP email service for things like this.  Make a yahoo or gmail or msn or something else.  Thats the bad thing with ISP emails is that i believe when you leave that ISP they close out the email because you only get the email addy when you have an account with them (i believe thats how they work, although im not sure cuz ive never used ISP emails and ive been a Verizon customer for a long time)

As far as what to do im not sure about that.  Maybe get a letter from the old ISP stating the email addy was closed when you left their service and then see if Sony can help from there.

PSN/SEN should really have a backup email addy section, so if your first email doesnt work they have a second on file

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Toe_Tag_ wrote:

Well it should be the same email and password that you used to sign in here to post your question. :smileyhappy:

lol ya good point.... so guess it was his ISP email he lost.... Funny I've had the same email since my first Gateway after the Apple IIC LOL!   Hate to say it but if you lose a password for something that important you're an idiot.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Dude are you retarded, I had an ISP email so therefore when I stopped their service, I wont have access to that email...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Are YOU retarded? ok so you changed ISP's..... the second line you said you forgot your password, but I wasnt' sure if that was the PSN account or your email.....   either way... what in the hell are we supposed to do to help you? You were too RETARDED to change the email associated with your PSN account before switching ISPs..... and NOW you can't even remember the password for PSN? There isn't a **bleep** thing we can do to help ya there pal...... Does it look like we work for Sony? Call them and have your PSN password reset, and pray they'll change the email associated with your account FOR you (some companies don't).

By the way.... I've changed ISPs..... but I still use the email from my old ISP. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes