One exciting feature includes party chat! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (331 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4403 posts

Re: New Features w/PS4!

Feb 21, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation forums :mantongue:

Alright. We better get a PlayStation 4 forum section soon...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (302 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Feb 21, 2013
nice straightforward vid. I love my PS3 but the main reason i also have a 360 is because of the party chat so i dont have to be on the same game to talk to my cousin and xbox friends. With this feature added to PS4 i can say "sayonara" to my 360.

Cant wait for PS4 release!.... PS3 + 360 trade in = PS4 cheap as hell.
:smileyhappy:
-suddenly... life has a new meaning-
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (298 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12378 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I do not remember party chat being confirmed outright, but I believe it was teased a bit with the RAM and the share features. "Help you in one game as he is in another" <-paraphrased. 

With this RAM, the capabilities are impressive, to say the least.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Feb 21, 2013
party chat :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (262 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12378 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I want party chat with Vita compatibility. I believe it will be able to, though. Especially with this whole interconnectivity thing they are pushing.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I think that will happen because of the power of both systems, but it hasn't been confirmed yet by Sony lol

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (230 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28717 posts

Feb 21, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation forums :mantongue:

Alright. We better get a PlayStation 4 forum section soon...

INDEED!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (226 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I just look forward to disabling people from barging in on my party chat and muting them and reporting them.... I look forward to be the a-hole

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (214 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Feb 21, 2013

After talking with many of my "Hardcore PlayStation Gamer" friends and post seeing the PlayStation 4 announcement, we have come up with a list of concerns we have.  It would be greatly appreciated it you could pass this list on to the proper channels.

1.  Removal of the Start and Select buttons - While we all agree that the new controller is stunning and beautifully designed, one of the smaller problems we had with it was the lack of start and select.  "Options" is not sufficient in attempting to play any old game on the console.  Playing older games threw Gaikai or otherwise might prove to be impossible without these buttons. Storngly recomend you change "options" back to Start and Select.

2.  Backward Compatibility - We cannot fathom why this was not important to Sony, as it was a major issue with the PS3 launch.  (Most of us have kept the original PlayStation 3 for that reason)  If you cannot include the hardware to run PS1, PS2, and PS3 games please allow the PS4 to obtain the software emulate them.  With 8 GB of memory, this should not be a problem.  Gaikai is nice, but with large collections of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, we would like to use them on the new system.  

Or if nothing else, release a high end SKU of the PS4 with backwards compatibility, we are sure many of your loyal fans would appreciate (and purchase) this.

2.5 Along with the "backwards compatibility" section, we believe it would be a smart move for Sony to allow the Dualshock 3 controllers to connect with the PS4 as well.  This would be great for anyone converting from a PlayStation 3 to a PlayStation 4 and does not have the money to purchase extras as well as a sign of good faith from the PlayStation brand.

3. Social Features - While posting your trophies or connecting to Facebook and various other social mediums throgh PlayStation are good ideas, please make all of these optional.  Many of the core gamers have no interest in these features and many, myself included do not use social networking at all. Thefore if it were mandaoty we could not play games.

4.  New Friends Methodology - While we found the idea of expanding upon the friends page interesting, we appreciated the privacy that PS3 provided.  DO NOT FORCE users to create accounts with their picture and name.  Once again, we stress, please make this optional.

5. New Operating System - The XMB was perfect.  Logically laid out with every application categorized into a sub category.  Because of this, it was both intuitive and easy to use.  While we only received a quick glimpse, the new operating system, seems to make far less sense.  Please allow customization so the more logically minded among us can use the new system with ease as well.  Perhaps an optional interface, closer to the PSVITA's?

6.  Camera - While this new Camera could be used for some interesting moments and ideas in gaming.  DO NOT make it mandatory.  Many of us do not nor have we ever liked motion or camera based games.  Please DO NOT require a camera to use the new controllers.

7.  Intuitive Downloads - Many of us, like to select games with no pattern or complete randomness, and in doing so do not like games to be downloaded for us.  This idea is a good one, but once again it should be optional.

8.  Ideas - With 8 Gigs of memory the PlayStation 4 is the perfect time for cross game voice chat, PSN ID tagged controllers, and a system that allows users to play music at all time along with the game they are playing.  Doing this would help PlayStation, to also become a hub for entertainment.

P.S. it would be really cool if the "PS" button on the center of the Dualshock 4 light up red. This would make it more iconic.

In conclusion, we have come to the consensus that while we enjoy many of the new PlayStation features we hope that you will consider adding some more and that you leave some optional. Aside from that you should know: keep up the great work! The specs are spectacular, we couldn't have asked for a better controller (almost) and the game line up looks awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (202 Views)