https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOLOB69WB4

[YOUTUBE] KkOLOB69WB4 [/YOUTUBE]

Message 1 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: New Call of Duty Ghost Exclusive Gameplay Trailers

Jun 9, 2013
I haven't been tempted to buy a COD since 4.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 2 of 18 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3058 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

Call of Duty has always tried to copy the Ghost Recon series. Ghost Recon came out with a futuristic war game in 2006 called "Advanced Warfighter" and then Call of Duty came out with a futuristic war game in 2008 called "Modern Warfare." It's called Ghost Recon because you are part of an Army Special Forces squad called the "Ghosts." Now Call of Duty (once again) is blatantly copying Ghost Recon with their new game called "Call of Duty: Ghosts" where you are part of "a band of elite soldier called "Ghosts." This is borderline plagiarism.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 3 of 18 (202 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14461 posts

Jun 9, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

Call of Duty has always tried to copy the Ghost Recon series. Ghost Recon came out with a futuristic war game in 2006 called "Advanced Warfighter" and then Call of Duty came out with a futuristic war game in 2008 called "Modern Warfare." It's called Ghost Recon because you are part of an Army Special Forces squad called the "Ghosts." Now Call of Duty (once again) is blatantly copying Ghost Recon with their new game called "Call of Duty: Ghosts" where you are part of "a band of elite soldier called "Ghosts." This is borderline plagiarism.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released in 2007 and was in development for at least two years prior to that. Call of Duty World at War was released in 2008. Every Call of Duty game since the fourth one has been from the prespective of a special operations force of some sort. It's not as special and unique as you believe it to be nor is it exlcusive to Ghost Recon. Typically there isn't any overarching storyline that isn't new. Nor is it, as you call it, 'plagiarism'. Why not poke at Medal of Honor for including Warfighter in the most recent game's title? Does Ubisoft own the right to including Assassin in the game title? No. This is the same thing.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 18 (189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jun 9, 2013
COD4 came out in 2007 & it doesn't even share the same gameplay as GR in any way past "you shoot stuff"
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 5 of 18 (180 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12330 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Not to mention, the naming probably had to do with the character "Ghost" from MW2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 18 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2767 posts

Jun 9, 2013

It's all about that next gen fish

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 7 of 18 (174 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3058 posts

Jun 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released in 2007 and was in development for at least two years prior to that. Call of Duty World at War was released in 2008. Every Call of Duty game since the fourth one has been from the prespective of a special operations force of some sort. It's not as special and unique as you believe it to be nor is it exlcusive to Ghost Recon. Typically there isn't any overarching storyline that isn't new. Nor is it, as you call it, 'plagiarism'. Why not poke at Medal of Honor for including Warfighter in the most recent game's title? Does Ubisoft own the right to including Assassin in the game title? No. This is the same thing.

I never said that the perspective of Special Forces was unique to Ghost Recon (don't put words in my mouth). The thing I have a problem with is how the Ghost Recon special forces squad is called the "Ghosts" (since 2001). Now (2013) the new Call of Duty game has made a game about a special forces team called the "Ghosts." There are approximately 200,000 words in the English language. I don't see how any more obvious it could be that they're copying Ghost Recon when Call of Duty changes it so their squad has the EXACT SAME NAME. I guess impersonation is the highest form of flattery.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
Message 8 of 18 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3058 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Not to mention, the naming probably had to do with the character "Ghost" from MW2.

I don't see how that's possible since "Ghosts" is plural. The only way that would be true is if the character named Ghost cloned himself or (in other words) at least two characters with that name.

Message 9 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013
yumm tuna wth as the famous COD saying goes SSDD
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 10 of 18 (159 Views)