PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Aug 6, 2011

At least now if you preorder this display from GameStop, you get 2 3D games!

Winning!

Message 51 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Aug 6, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

At least now if you preorder this display from GameStop, you get 2 3D games!

Winning!

LMAO I wonder how many people will cancel their Amazon or Best Buy Preirders & go through GameStop instead.

Funny thing is when I went into GameStop the other day, I was only going in to renew my PowerUp Rewards Pro membership. My wife wanted to strangle me for putting the $100 down for the preorder, she only wanted me to do $50.

Message 52 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Message 53 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 8, 2011

I can think of some plausable explanations for the switch:

1. Sony didn't want to bundle this TV with (what will probably be) a mature rated game.

2. Resistance 3 was already bundled with the Move/Sharpshooter combo, and Sony wanted to offer something different for the TV.

Message 54 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

1. Sony didn't want to bundle this TV with (what will probably be) a mature rated game.

2. Resistance 3 was already bundled with the Move/Sharpshooter combo, and Sony wanted to offer something different for the TV.

In some of the articles I've found, your reason 1 is listed as they are wanting the 3D Display sold to families & have more sales.

I went into the GameStop I shop at the other day, & asked if they knew about the bundle change. The reaction was that they had not heard anything, however the one manager on duty checked Gamestop.com on his smartphone & saw the bundle change. My asking about the game change actually got him more interested in preordering the bundle since through GameStop you now get Motorstorm: Apocalypse & (as a preorder bonus) Resistance 3. So far no other retailers are offering the bundle in this way.

Message 55 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Hopefully Sony will put these displays in their demo Kiosks so more people can see what this display can do...

Message 56 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Hopefully Sony will put these displays in their demo Kiosks so more people can see what this display can do...

I can only see Best Buy & Costco doing demo units. Walmart's floor plan setup does not really allow for long term exposure demo units, unless of course you're between 8-16 years of age.

Message 57 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

For clarification, in order to view any Resistance 3 media on the Insoimniac Games website you must do an age verification. Currently all sites have the ESRB-Rated RP for the ratings graphic, however looking at the Age Verification needed, it is more than likely the game will be rated M.

There are a few websites that have trailers listing the ratings as 18+ (outside the US) & on the Insomniac Games website for Resistance 3 the US Trailer starts out with the ESRB-Rated M banner.

Message 58 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 9, 2011

amshockeyfan wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I can only see Best Buy & Costco doing demo units. Walmart's floor plan setup does not really allow for long term exposure demo units, unless of course you're between 8-16 years of age.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars

Playstation Plus Member Pictures, Images and Photos

I think Sony can retrofit the 3D display in the PlayStation Kiosks you see at Gamestop. They have already retrofited the PlayStation Eye + Move controller(s) on their current Kiosk setup...

Message 59 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Aug 10, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

amshockeyfan wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars

Playstation Plus Member Pictures, Images and Photos

I think Sony can retrofit the 3D display in the PlayStation Kiosks you see at Gamestop. They have already retrofited the PlayStation Eye + Move controller(s) on their current Kiosk setup...

The Gamestop I frequent does not have the Move on the PS3 demo unit. The Best Buy I go to, has both Move & Kinect demos setup near the front of the store. The display demo screen size on average seems to be between 18-22 inches.

For the Best Buy demo units, they are using screens that are 30-40 inches in size.

Message 60 of 196 (42 Views)
0 Likes