Sackboy
586 posts

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 12, 2011

I am really excited for this tv

Hopefully I will have the 499 for it! I allready have enough for the Vita, the Sony Headset, and maybe Uncharted 3, but I need more cash for this...

I hope to get this, like I said earlier, I don't have an HD TV yet. So a 1080p HD TV from Sony is extremely appealing, even more appealing is the PlayStation brand it has. Then on top of that is the fact that it is 3D ready...and comes with an HDMI, and glasses...and the glasses are awesome..oh an an epic game...

God I want this!

Message 31 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Jun 14, 2011

dont feed the troll... and yet here you are discussing the tech behind such an inexpensive display that is mean to be an INTRODUCTION for those who do not yet have either an affordable HDTV or 3D display.

PS3 game $60, 3D glasses $60 which is mentioned to be compatible with mutliple 3D sets, and a 24" 3D HDTV.

this is GREAT for anyone who is looking to buy Resistance 3 and wants to see what this 3D fuss is all about.

sorry kids, but if you cant afford it, then dont bother, and be grateful of what you already have..... YOU DONT NEED IT. And this is basically for those who cant really afford a $1500+ HDTV with 3d but can afford the $499 bundle.

Those who are saving their money to buy this.... save it for when you go to college..... as for looking for a job..... you have to set yourself apart from the crowd to get noticed.

those who are saying that its not worth it... it may not be worth it to you, but it might be worth it to someone. At least Sony is giving people options instead of just "heres our console, play it on whatever, and we'll take all your money and talk about upcoming fanboy'd games for our presentation this year"  I guess no one noticed that Sony gave us a PS licensed soundbar, which would go great with this bundle.

you guys read way too much into things and are looking for excuses to justify your love or hate for this product release when there doesnt need to be.  its all a matter of opinion.

if you only have a $1000 budget for a new HDTV and what you looked at doesnt entice you.... this is a GREAT VALUE.

this display/TV on its own is probably going to cost about $400 if sony every decides to segregate it. but hey.... my 32" insignia HDTV does pretty good for a $350 set with 4HDMI inputs, VGA input, DVI input, composite and component and headphone jack.

if you dont think its worth it, then by all means speak up.

if all you have to say is that its a gimmick.... well yes it is a gimmick, but its a better gimmick than the other two console pushing into motion control which makes people look like complete idiots flailing their limbs around like ragdolls TRYING to imitate what they seen as a demonstration in tv commercials and such. using motion control as a navigational tool as well as voice recognition, THATS more of a step in the right direction than motion control. but each device appeals for different people.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 32 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 14, 2011

I certainly wouldn't consider this an introductory 3DTV. This is the smallest 3DTV ever introduced (although I am sure others will follow) and because of its size Sony is able to offer this TV at this price point. With features like the full screen 2-player display mode, it certainly has features not seen natively on any other 3DTV...

Message 33 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Jun 18, 2011

I would call it an introductory set as 3d TVs are still not widespread. it took a lot for me to actually buy a 3D LED tv and not a normal hdtv. and i paid dearly, man did i pay dearly.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 34 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 19, 2011

Well I guess are definition of "introductory" is a bit different. I define an "introductory" product as one that is less capable as its more expensive counterparts. IMO that does not describe this product.

I feel your pain if you purchased a 3DTV before now, the prices are dropping like rocks on the older models with prices averaging around $800 in my area...

Message 35 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Jun 19, 2011

nice a 24 inch 3d tv sounds really cool!

http://freeps4gameslegal.blogspot.com/

Message 36 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Jun 24, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Well I guess are definition of "introductory" is a bit different. I define an "introductory" product as one that is less capable as its more expensive counterparts. IMO that does not describe this product.

I feel your pain if you purchased a 3DTV before now, the prices are dropping like rocks on the older models with prices averaging around $800 in my area...

Im ok with paying what i did for my 3DTV.... it has alot of functionality that i use on a frequent basis. Top of the Line XBR for me

Furiously Chaosing
Message 37 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 24, 2011

honestly i say no..thats more of a monitor than a tv and i just bought a 42" panasonic 3d for $700 and im lovin it

Message 38 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 24, 2011

One thing Sony will accomplish with this 3DTV is that they would get it in places that normally wouldn't carry products like these like Toy's R US and GameStop...

Message 39 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 24, 2011

amshockeyfan wrote:

Kemo_90 wrote:

honestly i say no..thats more of a monitor than a tv and i just bought a 42" panasonic 3d for $700 and im lovin it

Again those that keep calling this a TV, it is not a TV but is a monitor or display. All reports state it does not have the RF input to hook up a cable box or antenna to.

All it will have for inputs is: 2 HDMI Inputs & 1 Component input.

Yes you can connect a Dish/DirecTV receiver into it, but it will be be able to pick up regular channels.

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3.html

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
amshockeyfan Trophy Card

Good point, apparently this is just a monitor.

However, it really doesn't matter much IMO because for cable and sat TV all use a digital cable box of some sort that will be used to tune in channels. Analog cable through the RF connection is non-existant in my area, and I believe that cable companies are only bound to support this format unitl 2012. This really only impacts those that are interested in over the air digital broadcasts...

Message 40 of 196 (49 Views)
0 Likes