Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 10, 2011

if you dont think this TV is not worth your money then you are wrong,

couple things to state on the specs of the tv.

1.full 1080p (not much to talk about since this has been standard for almost 3 years for monitors!  but they are advertising as a TV so their should be good speakers for gaming and a TV tuner for actual NTSC/Qam/ATSC.  plus sony usally uses high quality LCD panels and are in business with samsung for their higher end panels.)

2.Active 3D with one pair of active glasses. ( passive is bad!, you loose color, you loose viewing angle, you use picture quality, brightness and FPS!  active keeps all of these and is supperior for gaming if you dont mind a little ghosting at time to time and want 3d gaming!)

3.Very high refresh rate at 240hz. ( THIER IS NO other TV for this size that will give you 240hz and if you want smooth frames you want this tv! gaming is so much better on 240hz!)

all of those features in a package that small is worth your money but i can understand if the size may bug you but for what sony is giving you for the price their is nothing out their right now that will match that price, probably in the near future but quality wise it will be hard to beat.  the best you can get is a 32 inch passive 3d tv for around $750.  plus ive been hearing when this tv comes out it will be packaged out with a PS3 game and a high end HDMI cable to support high color spectrum and 240hz ($100 MSRP).

Message 21 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 10, 2011

MichaelMoK5 wrote:

if you dont think this TV is not worth your money then you are wrong,

couple things to state on the specs of the tv.

1.full 1080p (not much to talk about since this has been standard for almost 3 years for monitors!  but they are advertising as a TV so their should be good speakers for gaming and a TV tuner for actual NTSC/Qam/ATSC.  plus sony usally uses high quality LCD panels and are in business with samsung for their higher end panels.)

2.Active 3D with one pair of active glasses. ( passive is bad!, you loose color, you loose viewing angle, you use picture quality, brightness and FPS!  active keeps all of these and is supperior for gaming if you dont mind a little ghosting at time to time and want 3d gaming!)

3.Very high refresh rate at 240hz. ( THIER IS NO other TV for this size that will give you 240hz and if you want smooth frames you want this tv! gaming is so much better on 240hz!)

all of those features in a package that small is worth your money but i can understand if the size may bug you but for what sony is giving you for the price their is nothing out their right now that will match that price, probably in the near future but quality wise it will be hard to beat.  the best you can get is a 32 inch passive 3d tv for around $750.  plus ive been hearing when this tv comes out it will be packaged out with a PS3 game and a high end HDMI cable to support high color spectrum and 240hz ($100 MSRP).

This TV is a good buy for what is being charged for an active glasses display.

I disagree that passive is bad, both technologies darken the picture, passive technology has larger viewing angles because you don't have to be in line with the IR transmitters most of these active glasses use. With active technology you tend to get more flicker and ghosting because the glasses and TVs are not perfectly in sync, that doesn't happen with passive technology. The only thing that active technology might have over passive is that active supposedly delivers a 1080p image to each eye and passive delivers 540p, but even that is debatable depending on who you talk to.

I just read recently that Samsung is going to adopt a hybrid technology that basically uses passive glasses, but the display will actively switch back and forth delivering a sharper image to each eye. I think I will wait for this technology to surface, because I can't see 3DTVs being very popular if you have to spend over $70 for each pair of glasses.

Message 22 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Jun 11, 2011

Is 3D really that important for me?  No.  Maybe for you but not for me.  So 500 for a 24 inch 3D screen TV with a PS3 and game?  How big will the PS3 be (memory)?  IMO, if you want to look cool around other folks get all the recent and new technology once it comes out.  If you smart, you will wait until its a widespread format.  Then it will be cheaper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051

Photobucket

"Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy!"
Message 23 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 11, 2011

GalvatronAlpha7 wrote:

Is 3D really that important for me?  No.  Maybe for you but not for me.  So 500 for a 24 inch 3D screen TV with a PS3 and game?  How big will the PS3 be (memory)?  IMO, if you want to look cool around other folks get all the recent and new technology once it comes out.  If you smart, you will wait until its a widespread format.  Then it will be cheaper.

"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051
Get your Portable ID!

3DTV is pretty much a widespread format as it stands now, with TVs now hitting mass merchants like Walmart and Target. The premium on these sets are much less than it was a year ago too....

Message 24 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 11, 2011

Remember the main reason 3d tech won't take off is like 10%-25%! I've used the glasses and they are not very comfy

Message 25 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 11, 2011

I meant 10-25% (25 being high in my opinion) of people can't see movies and other entertainment in 3d

Message 26 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Jun 11, 2011

132% of statistics are exaggerated. Including this one.

Kryshalis Trophy CardFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 27 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 11, 2011

perfect size for my room...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 11, 2011

I tend to believe the lower end of that stat. Considering my wife and two co workers can't enjoy it. We went to avatar and Alice and wife couldn't see either. I however can and if they make a 42" and up ps branded tv that will be on the wall of the man cave

Message 29 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jun 11, 2011

I think it's too small, at least for me. It maybe a good deal for a 3D TV, but  I am not that much interested in playing on a TV that small , and I am not crazy for 3D. I prefer playing on a much bigger TV. I  usually play on my 46 inch TV and I do love it. It would be nice to have 3D but I don't really find it that important. Although I do wish I had a big screen 3D TV, but I care more about HD than 3D...

Message 30 of 196 (79 Views)
0 Likes