MVP Support
7414 posts

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Apr 9, 2013

keshpower wrote:

i have a little problem with the 3d tv from sony... when i tried to play ps1 ( yes i'm a bit nostalgic)... the image only appear in black and white... i know the yellow componant is supposed to go in green hole... but i only get black and white... any idea what would be the problem?

You need to use component cables, not composite.  Component video uses multiple video inputs while composite only has one (yellow).

Message 191 of 196 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 9, 2013

To all,

If the display is 240hz, and the source video(Bluray) is 24p, then each frame of the source video is shown 5 or 10 times.

Most 240hz displays are actually 120hz with strobing backlights or other tricks to claim 240hz, but they can at max show 120 different frames per second.

I know Samsung makes some real 240hz tv's, but I do not think Sony has any, I could be wrong here.

I have the Playstation 3d display, bought it for $150, comes with the 3d glasses, Motorstorm, HDMI cable.

Glasses on their own cost $20 at Bestbuy.  They are active shutter glasses.

The difference between active glasses 3D and passive glasses 3D is that passive 3d is only half resolution per eye, where as active 3D is full HD to each eye.

Consider that the PS3 only does 720P 3D and realise passive 3D on PS3 means you are getting standard definition per eye, not even HD.

With Passive 3D you can see black lines between each visible line of resolution and creates a slightly blocky picture.

But you never have to charge them/replace batteries, dont worry about breaking them because they extremely cheap to replace.

You dont have to worry about interference from anything, and you will never see flicker.

And no, the yellow does not go in the green hole, LOL.  (Unless you using two sets of R,W,Y cables to connect due to lack of proper cable)

My 3D display had to be sent back already due to it stopped recognizing the signal from any HD source and would turn off instantly.

I got a replacement a day or two ago and will have to use it a bit and se if it is any better, the other only had 10-20 hours on it when it failed.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 192 of 196 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 6, 2015
I have one with no use of it. Works like it is brand new and I am trying to sell it for around 200$. If anyone has any interest in it email me at Raymondwaite418@gmail.com
Message 193 of 196 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Sep 6, 2015

Ray_1586 wrote:
I have one with no use of it. Works like it is brand new and I am trying to sell it for around 200$. If anyone has any interest in it email me at Raymondwaite418@gmail.com

Dude, you crazy.  I bought one of those 3d tvs for $99 a few years back on black friday,  and it came with a Motorstorm game. 

And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 194 of 196 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8912 posts

Sep 6, 2015

Ray_1586 wrote:

Sure I'll grab an overpriced used TV from across the country. Sounds like a great deal. Could you ship it in a horse drawn wagon on only dirt roads too? I'd appreciate it. Email me at imnotbuyingyouroldtv@stevemail.sony. 

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 195 of 196 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2015

Blastfurnace2k wrote:

Ray_1586 wrote:

Sure I'll grab an overpriced used TV from across the country. Sounds like a great deal. Could you ship it in a horse drawn wagon on only dirt roads too? I'd appreciate it. Email me at imnotbuyingyouroldtv@stevemail.sony. 

On second thought,  I'd also like to sell my old 3d tv but I'm offering a discounted price of $199.  I'll even throw in a silghtly used HDMI cable and a slightly used pair of 3d galsses (Motorstorm not included).

And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 196 of 196 (131 Views)
0 Likes