PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

I can't wait! It is a very good deal really, many HDTV's at the same size are around 300-400 dollars. So that this one comes with 3D, 3D glasses, and HDMI cable, and a free game...it is a steal!

I still don't have an HDTV, so getting this as my HDTV would be good becuae it is made by Sony and is built for PlayStation, and for just a hundred or two hundred more, I can experience 3D

I will try to wait for the price to drop though. I am a jobless teenager

Hard to find a job in this economy, especially when thousands of people send in applications. I have a little over $400 which will get me and NGP and a PlayStation Headset!

Maybe I can save up money from my birthday and Christmas for this.

Just get a HDTV w/o 3D. Honestly, buying a 3DTV would be twice the price of a HDTV.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dude did you not even read my post or any of these posts? Sheesh...I said that I need an HDTV, and many are around 499. So I might as well get this one as my HDTV, and get 3D for just a hundred more than an HDTV.

For a Sony product this is a pretty good buy, but the smaller HDTVs are very inexpensive these days averaging between $200-$300...

http://www.walmart.com/browse/TV-Video/TVs/_/N-96v3Z1yzp732?ic=48_0&ref=428799+4292594462&catNavId=1...

Message 11 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Jun 8, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

I can't wait! It is a very good deal really, many HDTV's at the same size are around 300-400 dollars. So that this one comes with 3D, 3D glasses, and HDMI cable, and a free game...it is a steal!

I still don't have an HDTV, so getting this as my HDTV would be good becuae it is made by Sony and is built for PlayStation, and for just a hundred or two hundred more, I can experience 3D

Hard to find a job in this economy, especially when thousands of people send in applications. I have a little over $400 which will get me and NGP and a PlayStation Headset!

Just get a HDTV w/o 3D. Honestly, buying a 3DTV would be twice the price of a HDTV.

Dude did you not even read my post or any of these posts? Sheesh...I said that I need an HDTV, and many are around 499. So I might as well get this one as my HDTV, and get 3D for just a hundred more than an HDTV.

Did no one read real closely, this is going to be a monitor, not a TV. The only way to get TV on it will be to use the HDMI capabilities off of a cable or Dish/Direct receiver. 

I do plan on picking this up, just how soon after initial release I do not know.

Message 12 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

For a Sony product this is a pretty good buy, but the smaller HDTVs are very inexpensive these days averaging between $200-$300...

http://www.walmart.com/browse/TV-Video/TVs/_/N-96v3Z1yzp732?ic=48_0&ref=428799+4292594462&catNavId=1...

Well this one does 3D

Message 13 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 8, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Well this one does 3D

So does this one, it is bigger and costs less

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-E3D320VX/15992329

Message 14 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Well this one does 3D

Damn! Not Bad! But does that come with an HDMI cable, and a pair of glasses? (It obviously doesn't come with the game )

Also, with the PlayStation TV, I would just feel more...legit.

Message 15 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 8, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Well this one does 3D

****! Not Bad! But does that come with an HDMI cable, and a pair of glasses? (It obviously doesn't come with the game )

It does come with 3D glasses, it uses passive 3D glasses like at the movies so they are far cheaper. It should come with an HDMI cable, my Vizio did. HDMI cables are fairly cheap, as long as you don't purchase those fancy Monster variety...

Message 16 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jun 8, 2011

hey I hate 3D as much as the next guy but this bundle is pretty badass. A 24'' for a living room obviouslly doesnt make sense but its a pretty good size for a kids or teenagers room. Even for a small mancave. If I havent bought a 42'' for my bedroom a few months ago I WOULD buy this... then again I probablly will. Theres no such thing as too many TVs.

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 17 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Well this one does 3D

****! Not Bad! But does that come with an HDMI cable, and a pair of glasses? (It obviously doesn't come with the game )

It does come with 3D glasses, it uses passive 3D glasses like at the movies so they are far cheaper. It should come with an HDMI cable, my Vizio did. HDMI cables are fairly cheap, as long as you don't purchase those fancy Monster variety...

Could I just use the glasses I get from theaters?

Message 18 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 8, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Well this one does 3D

Could I just use the glasses I get from theaters?

Yes, that is the beauty about passive 3D technology, the glasses are cheap and they work better than the active glasses IMO, because there is practically no ghosting. LG developed this technology, and Vizio and Phillips are adopting it. Samsung won't be adopting it because they have heavily invested in active glasses technology. Sony is evaluating it, but obviously it won't be used in this product, if it had this display could be $100 cheaper...

Message 19 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 9, 2011

Thanks dolphin

I will just hold out until I can find a Sony TV that has this passive 3D tech, hopefully it will be PlayStation branded! But I can wait a few years till I get a new tv!

Message 20 of 196 (127 Views)
0 Likes