Reply
Jun 07 2011
By: Accuracy158 Treasure Hunter 5832 posts
Offline

New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

195 replies 4970 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

So anyone who just watched SONY's E3 press conference probably saw what was said to be a more affordable entry point into 3D.  However they did not give any details beside the facts that it will be 24" and come with a game (They showed R3) and pair of 3d glasses.  The price point will be $499.99.  What do you guys think?...Good deal or not? 

Honestly I would be tempted to get this but there are a few details I would need to know first.  I personally use the same screen for my PC and PS3 so this screen would have to work well as a 2d monitor and 1080p support would be mandatory for my PC with SLI GTX 460s.  I'd also like to see it support a nvidia 3d set up... This product could be a good deal but if they cut too many comers to keep cheap it will not be worth it.  We will have to wait and see.


Message 1 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
24784 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

24"? Really? That seems kinda small. But as far as "cutting corners" I doubt it. Sony always had the best hardware.

Message 2 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/16/2008
Offline
5832 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

24"? Really? That seems kinda small. But as far as "cutting corners" I doubt it. Sony always had the best hardware.

Photobucket

Sony's TVs are usually pretty decent with low responce times being one of the complaints you can find... Small size doesn't really matter to me because I sit at desk, don't have a lot of room, and use monitors sizes for all of my gaming... I don't have TV.


Message 3 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 10/14/2007
Offline
12787 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

$499? oh plz... wait a few months an the price will drop or get a used one off Amazon

Message 4 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/04/2011
Offline
226 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

Dont even bother with it. The quality of the 3d is exactly the same as 3ds. It may only be worth it for the movies where the scenes actually pop out. Gt5's 3d graphics were terrible. And I play it on a 46 in 3dtv

@Sony - Ditch your faulty eCommerce Payment system and get one that actually works. This is getting old real fast. But I guess you dont want our money if you wont accept funds from our cards Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

For what Sony is offering, I think it is a good buy. I would want to get a 3DTV this small to fit in my bedroom, and this is the first one available. The only thing near this pricepoint is a Vizio 32" 3DTV, but I think the Sony TV is of higher quality. I just wish this 3DTV used passive 3D technology, so I could reuse the 3D glasses I get at the theater and not have to use fancy electronic ones..

Message 6 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/18/2011
Offline
586 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

I can't wait! It is a very good deal really, many HDTV's at the same size are around 300-400 dollars. So that this one comes with 3D, 3D glasses, and HDMI cable, and a free game...it is a steal!

I still don't have an HDTV, so getting this as my HDTV would be good becuae it is made by Sony and is built for PlayStation, and for just a hundred or two hundred more, I can experience 3D

I will try to wait for the price to drop though. I am a jobless teenager

Hard to find a job in this economy, especially when thousands of people send in applications. I have a little over $400 which will get me and NGP and a PlayStation Headset!

Maybe I can save up money from my birthday and Christmas for this.

Message 7 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
1344 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

I can't wait! It is a very good deal really, many HDTV's at the same size are around 300-400 dollars. So that this one comes with 3D, 3D glasses, and HDMI cable, and a free game...it is a steal!

I still don't have an HDTV, so getting this as my HDTV would be good becuae it is made by Sony and is built for PlayStation, and for just a hundred or two hundred more, I can experience 3D

I will try to wait for the price to drop though. I am a jobless teenager

Hard to find a job in this economy, especially when thousands of people send in applications. I have a little over $400 which will get me and NGP and a PlayStation Headset!

Maybe I can save up money from my birthday and Christmas for this.

Just get a HDTV w/o 3D. Honestly, buying a 3DTV would be twice the price of a HDTV.

Message 8 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

If this display does 2D to 3D conversion I would be better sold on it.

Engadget reports that this display suffers from muted colors and visible ghosting. Unless it is at a huge discount, I think I am going to pass.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/sonys-24-inch-playstation-3d-display-first-hands-on/

I read that Vizio will also release 3DTV as small as 22" and they will use the passive 3D technology, it should be much cheaper than this product.

Message 9 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/18/2011
Offline
586 posts
 

Re: New 24 inch 3D TV for PS3

Jun 7, 2011

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

I can't wait! It is a very good deal really, many HDTV's at the same size are around 300-400 dollars. So that this one comes with 3D, 3D glasses, and HDMI cable, and a free game...it is a steal!

I still don't have an HDTV, so getting this as my HDTV would be good becuae it is made by Sony and is built for PlayStation, and for just a hundred or two hundred more, I can experience 3D

I will try to wait for the price to drop though. I am a jobless teenager

Hard to find a job in this economy, especially when thousands of people send in applications. I have a little over $400 which will get me and NGP and a PlayStation Headset!

Maybe I can save up money from my birthday and Christmas for this.

Just get a HDTV w/o 3D. Honestly, buying a 3DTV would be twice the price of a HDTV.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dude did you not even read my post or any of these posts? Sheesh...I said that I need an HDTV, and many are around 499. So I might as well get this one as my HDTV, and get 3D for just a hundred more than an HDTV.

Message 10 of 196 (4,970 Views)
Reply
0 Likes