First Son
29 posts

Re: Never let a child use your playstation account. Ever.

Dec 14, 2009
Dude, that has to suck, but always watch it the good way, it could have been worse and of course now you protect your account better. Cool thing I see is that the kid bought good gaems (except for one or two) these are games you can enjoy or re-enjoy and worth the money from my point of view, but 200 bucks are 200 bucks...but it's better that happening that being robbed on the street or being tricked, that happened to me this year (worst year ever) and I lost like 400$.
Message 81 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Dec 16, 2009

Bulletpainpills wrote:
I know how to punish him. Take away the PS3 until next christmas, and give that to him as his only present! Then say "Oh, it got the YLOD from being in that box in the attic all year after that hurricane" Then laugh manically. That's what I'd do.

Well, our PS3 actually did get YLOD. When I did the heatgun method a while ago it lasted for about four days,then died again. I'll be getting a slim for the family soon.

Message 82 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1348 posts

Dec 16, 2009
Lol a horror movie to all dads with 11 year olds and a comedy movie to everyone else... ROFL!!!
Message 83 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2788 posts

Dec 16, 2009
Ok so this is a lesson learned, some kids are immature and can not tell free from paid. Anyway, I think entering the password before buying something from PSN should be standard on all accounts. Not all 11 year olds are like this, and not all children are like this. Well, I think in this case it's the parents' fault along with the child's fault. The parent could've told the child how the PlayStation Store worked and explain the difference between paid and free and the child at 11 years old should've been at least smart enough to know if it was free or not.....Anyway, just make sure this doesn't happen again, just learn from past mistakes.
Message 84 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 12, 2011

220 is bad but hell does he have a good taste in games

Message 85 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
446 posts

Mar 12, 2011

x-3l0HSSV-x wrote:

This is complete BS. In a couple of days I'm going to be charged $220.64 for the most useless sh** from the Playstation Store because of my 11 year old!!! I called Sony and everything, I know what the agreement says, but I just was so overwhelmed when I found this out.

"Hey dad! I found a glitch so I can get a bunch of games for free!"

I instantly thought that it could not be true. Boy was I right. My son bought around twenty games that he can't even use for the goddamned PSP because he doesn't even have enough memory!!! But wait! There's still hope, right? I mean, maybe my son was right about that glitch?!? Let me go check my e-mail inbox and see if I didn't get any bills. Well when I went on it, I had no new messages. I refreshed it around ten minutes, later:

This is great. $220 thrown into the fire. What I don't understand is that the automatic funding was TURNED OFF! GODF**KINGDAMNIT!!! Well, I know who isn't going to have a christmas this year...

hahahha no offfence dude , why didn't you create a sub account for him ? lol you shouldn't be logged in or give him your pasword that access to the main acount( wich is yours) with a credit card stored on it .Doesn't take much before there go a psn shopping spree although some of those game are quite worth it ......

Well dude here comes the sad part the bill ..make him do choirs around the house as a way of paying you back , next time be more mindfull .Good luck

Message 86 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes