Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Re: Never let a child use your playstation account. Ever.

Dec 6, 2009

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would make him clean the garage or dig a pond in the backyard or something! lol

Message 41 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3139 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Zolla848 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would make him clean the garage or dig a pond in the backyard or something! lol

even better. keep the reciepts and proof of purchases. when he gets a job, show him the reciept and make him pay you back every penny. it'll be a funny one out of nowhere. I'm sure he won't even remember. lol.

again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Message 42 of 86 (33 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Dec 6, 2009
This is why i told my mom when my brother and sister get older the first game system they are getting is my ps2 and she asks why well this is why never ever trust kids
Message 43 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Dec 6, 2009

OMG LOL

send your son to work and bing you back those $220 that went for nothing lol....

Message Edited by ps_psycho on 12-06-2009 12:36 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 44 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 6, 2009

billabongdude wrote:
OK robertmc8 thats BS who cares if a game is M! Im under age and thats almost all I have! And P.S Just to be a smart ass M is 17 and olderSmiley Tongue

Hey Dude: Since your sig claims you're a Believer in Eternal Life through faith in The Christ, you should not be boasting about breaking the morality rules that Christians fight hard to enforce...  If you can't live the life don't claim the life.

Maranatha...

And to all others who failed to understand the OP, he used his PSP to access the Store account not his PS3.

Message Edited by SpeedRacer1955 on 06-12-2009 12:45 AM

Message 45 of 86 (33 Views)
Last Guardian
11639 posts

Dec 6, 2009

PedatorX wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

x-3l0HSSV-x wrote:
Normally I let my boys buy their own credits. But one day my youngest one (the 11 year old) bought two $20 PSN store cards to buy littleBIGPlanet on the PSP. He still didn't have enough to get it because we forgot about tax. He was shattered, and I felt sorry, so I put in five bucks of credit into this account so he could get it. Today he discovered that he could buy games without manually adding funds because although the automatic fund-adding was turned off, it still did it anyways. This is all my fault for letting this happen. I thought that when you add funds via credit, it would'nt save my credit info and automatically pull money.

It isn't your fault, he's 11 years old and he should know better than to think there would be a glitch to get free games by simply pressing Buy.

Message Edited by Xajen1 on 12-04-2009 03:40 PM

Actually I think it's the fault of the kid as well as the fault of Sony.  I've nearly accidently bought stuff in the past stopping just for a second to read what was going on.  

Here's the main problem that I see: 

1. The highlighter is almost ALWAYS on the "Buy Now/Purchase" thing when it shouldn't be.  I want to examine stuff and see more indepth stuff, but due to lag or some such other problems it has a chance to go past that to the "Buy" option.  Move the highlight thing down and force people to press up on the D-Pad.  The little bit of extra muscle usage won't hurt people one bit.  

2. Make it easy to remove CC information so that it isn't stored in the database.  Alot of times i'm seeing Go to page A and then proceed through steps B-J before you get the option to attempt to remove your CC information.  

no it isnt sonys fault at all, afterall they are not forcing you to buy psn games.. they put in the ability to lock the ability to purchase content via a password... the user should of set one up, and also handled any purchases that his kids wanted , you wouldnt hand over your credit card to a kid who does not understand the responsibility of having a credit card would you, why would you let a child openly use psn in that way is beyond me

>

Message 46 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Teus wrote:
no it isnt sonys fault at all, afterall they are not forcing you to buy psn games.. they put in the ability to lock the ability to purchase content via a password... the user should of set one up, and also handled any purchases that his kids wanted , you wouldnt hand over your credit card to a kid who does not understand the responsibility of having a credit card would you, why would you let a child openly use psn in that way is beyond me

Yep you're right, this was my fault. I've gotten over this whole shenanigan though. I learned my lesson and the boy learned his. Now if only I could get a physical receipt, then I'd frame it as a reminder of what he did lol.
  Edit: also I forgot to point out that yesterday this was also overshadowed because I finally fixed my PS3, and it's working like brand new. I didn't send it back to Sony, I did the heat gun method and I had to sort out the blu-ray player so discs could be inserted properly.
Message Edited by x-3l0HSSV-x on 12-06-2009 07:36 AM
Message Edited by x-3l0HSSV-x on 12-06-2009 07:36 AM
Message 47 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2063 posts

Dec 6, 2009
At least most of the games he bought were good ones lol Sucks to lose all that money but it would have been worse if he bought the crappier titles....
Message 48 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2063 posts

Dec 6, 2009
Like someone mentioned earlier, you should now PW protect your online store purchases and I think the automatic funding is also just an option that can be turned off.. Not sure tho..
Message 49 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Auto funding was not on.  until he SWITCHED it on.  Hence, "Hey Dad, free games glitch!"

My kids use my PS3.

1.  They have their own profile on the system to use. 

Their trophies go to them.  Mine go to me.  My game saves are SAFE. 

2.  They aren't allowed online without me present.

3.  My passcode for PSN login is not saved into the system hence

I'm the ONLY one who can sign in.

4.  My credit card info is deleted from wallet everytime I

know I won't be purchasing for a while or if

the bill is going to be high that month.

5.  Purchases require me to REENTER my passcode even when I'm already signed in.

6.  My Blackberry alerts me every time a purchase is made.

ANY ONE of the measures BY THEMSELF would have been enough to stop this from happening.  Turn off automatic funding of wallet was NOT the way to go on this.

Message 50 of 86 (33 Views)
0 Likes