Highlighted
Sackboy
629 posts

Re: Never let a child use your playstation account. Ever.

Dec 5, 2009
I would print out the e-mail/receipt, frame it, wrap it and give it to him for Christmas.
Message 21 of 86 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Dec 5, 2009
OK robertmc8 thats BS who cares if a game is M! Im under age and thats almost all I have! And P.S Just to be a smart ass M is 17 and olderSmiley Tongue
Message 22 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11605 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Xajen1 wrote:

x-3l0HSSV-x wrote:
Normally I let my boys buy their own credits. But one day my youngest one (the 11 year old) bought two $20 PSN store cards to buy littleBIGPlanet on the PSP. He still didn't have enough to get it because we forgot about tax. He was shattered, and I felt sorry, so I put in five bucks of credit into this account so he could get it. Today he discovered that he could buy games without manually adding funds because although the automatic fund-adding was turned off, it still did it anyways. This is all my fault for letting this happen. I thought that when you add funds via credit, it would'nt save my credit info and automatically pull money.

It isn't your fault, he's 11 years old and he should know better than to think there would be a glitch to get free games by simply pressing Buy.

Message Edited by Xajen1 on 12-04-2009 03:40 PM

im sorry but it is his fault, he could of secured the account with a password, and he could of also required the purchases to go through him
>

Message 23 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Dec 5, 2009

shame on the parents for letting an 11 yr old play on the ps3 with no supervision. cmon, the kid is 11..he doesnt need the ps3 or video games, let alone unsupervised adult account game play.

this is 100% the parents fault, so to come here and not only whine about it, but to suggest to others to not let their children play the ps3 unsupervised is rather MOOT because good parents would/should already know this 

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 24 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1372 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Xajen1 wrote:

x-3l0HSSV-x wrote:
Normally I let my boys buy their own credits. But one day my youngest one (the 11 year old) bought two $20 PSN store cards to buy littleBIGPlanet on the PSP. He still didn't have enough to get it because we forgot about tax. He was shattered, and I felt sorry, so I put in five bucks of credit into this account so he could get it. Today he discovered that he could buy games without manually adding funds because although the automatic fund-adding was turned off, it still did it anyways. This is all my fault for letting this happen. I thought that when you add funds via credit, it would'nt save my credit info and automatically pull money.

It isn't your fault, he's 11 years old and he should know better than to think there would be a glitch to get free games by simply pressing Buy.

Actually I think it's the fault of the kid as well as the fault of Sony.  I've nearly accidently bought stuff in the past stopping just for a second to read what was going on.  

Here's the main problem that I see: 

1. The highlighter is almost ALWAYS on the "Buy Now/Purchase" thing when it shouldn't be.  I want to examine stuff and see more indepth stuff, but due to lag or some such other problems it has a chance to go past that to the "Buy" option.  Move the highlight thing down and force people to press up on the D-Pad.  The little bit of extra muscle usage won't hurt people one bit.  

2. Make it easy to remove CC information so that it isn't stored in the database.  Alot of times i'm seeing Go to page A and then proceed through steps B-J before you get the option to attempt to remove your CC information.  

Message 25 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Dec 5, 2009

PedatorX wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

x-3l0HSSV-x wrote:

Actually I think it's the fault of the kid as well as the fault of Sony.  I've nearly accidently bought stuff in the past stopping just for a second to read what was going on.  

Here's the main problem that I see: 

1. The highlighter is almost ALWAYS on the "Buy Now/Purchase" thing when it shouldn't be.  I want to examine stuff and see more indepth stuff, but due to lag or some such other problems it has a chance to go past that to the "Buy" option.  Move the highlight thing down and force people to press up on the D-Pad.  The little bit of extra muscle usage won't hurt people one bit.  

2. Make it easy to remove CC information so that it isn't stored in the database.  Alot of times i'm seeing Go to page A and then proceed through steps B-J before you get the option to attempt to remove your CC information.  

He's 11, not 5. I don't know what maturity/intelligence you associate with each age but an 11 year old should know better.

When he selects "BUY IT NOW", he should realize he'll be paying for it somehow.

Message 26 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Dec 5, 2009
Expensive lesson to learn.  Turn on the option for password verification for purchases people.
Message 27 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Dec 5, 2009
lol thats y u delete ur info.....
Message 28 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Sounds like your troubles wont end there if he doesnt know the difference between free and not free, I say you shouldnt let him play video games AT ALL until he can make that connection.

Oh and yeah...password protect your account and make the child his own profile seperate from yours.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ZyloWolfBane
Message 29 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 5, 2009
You should set a password lock that way he cant buy anything if he doesn't know the password.
Message 30 of 86 (43 Views)
0 Likes