Sackboy
416 posts

Re: Never Again Will I Purchase a Day-1 Pre-Order on PSN

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

I understand your upset.Yet you have to understand that this really is a new service offered by Sony.This day 1 digital just got here from what I have seen.I'm sure there is a few bugs to work out.Now If a game has a nation wide midnight release then Sony should make it available at midnight.Some games don't though.Some games you have to wait to the store opens up to get it and even then I have gone into a store had a pre order and them to say ..Hey the truck didnt get here yet you will have to come back later.

I get it.I see why your upset.Just have some patients for Sony to bring out the NEW STORE and get it togther.As for myself I am interested in the service but I have decided to wait to the new store comes out and for any problems to be fixed.

A lot of times when I do pre order anyway I do have to work first then get to the store later.Yet hopefully Sony will work things out for the future. 

I think Sony should have the Midnight release any time a game is offered a midnight release anywhere.Also if its not a midnight release then have it no later Noon of day of release.Now it could come before that but Noon is the guarented time.Maybe even have a 5 dollar charge if wanted by customer to select for a game to get a midnight release no matter what or your money back..Just a thought.

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 11 of 19 (269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Well we have to pick which statement Sony told us

First it was "Have the games instantly!"...then people asked what Instantly meant because I think most intelligent people assumed they meant a midnight release.

Second it was "Well, most games WILL be a midnight release but we are working on them!"

Third and currently, it is....have it on the day of release!

If you want to ignore the fact that Sony made a huge initial push for people getting the game the minute it comes out, so be it.

But the fact that you can't go to a video game forum and find someone complaining about the non-midnight releases seems to show how everyone took the initial statements by Sony.
Message 12 of 19 (260 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 30, 2012

orleanslink wrote:
Well we have to pick which statement Sony told us

First it was "Have the games instantly!"...then people asked what Instantly meant because I think most intelligent people assumed they meant a midnight release.

Second it was "Well, most games WILL be a midnight release but we are working on them!"

Third and currently, it is....have it on the day of release!

If you want to ignore the fact that Sony made a huge initial push for people getting the game the minute it comes out, so be it.

But the fact that you can't go to a video game forum and find someone complaining about the non-midnight releases seems to show how everyone took the initial statements by Sony.

If Sony promised you something and didnt deliver then Sony is wrong.I am not saying your wrong at all.Yet in my experience with anything in general is there will always be problems in inplimenting something new.I took a look at the digital service and said I will take a wait and see attitude myself.I knew it was something they were doing new.

I would say its almost a Beta in a way.How long has day 1 digital been out.I bought Doom 3 at Best Buy myself.I took a look at a lot of things.How long the service is out and if I'm going to download from now on? Is my hard drive big enough.What about trade in value.You can buy a game turn around trade it in for credit or even sell it online.What about a pre order bonus..etc.etc 

Myself I probably wait.Give it time and see if Sony adds to the service.I would give it time and hopefully Sony will beef it up some and add new things to it.Hopefully by then they got they release problem figured out. 

Photobucket
Message 13 of 19 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Oct 30, 2012
My thing is that its not really new. Digital Launches have been done on lots of other platforms before. So why not just copy other platforms launch plans?

I would expect to have a digital game at midnight (PST or EST) for all games... but maybe Steam and Blizzard have spoiled me.
Message 14 of 19 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Could this perhaps fall in line with the classic blunders?!

Purchasing Day-1 Pre-Order when a hurricane is coming, or EVER!

Moble

Message 15 of 19 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 30, 2012

iguelmay wrote:
My thing is that its not really new. Digital Launches have been done on lots of other platforms before. So why not just copy other platforms launch plans?

I would expect to have a digital game at midnight (PST or EST) for all games... but maybe Steam and Blizzard have spoiled me.

Its new to the Ps3 though.As they say Practice makes perfect.Over time Sony should improve just like anything you do.At first your not that great but if you practice at it.You should get better.I think in time Sony will get it right.

I would even go as far as getting on twiiter and giving Sony suggestions on how to make the service better.I do that a lot.I mainly use twitter to reach out to companies and give my thoughts and ideas to them.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 19 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Tough Sony should make it where you can preload the game to where you have the ability to play at midnight (some games on Euro PSN do this) nowhere on the store does it say it will be available at midnight. It isn't there fault you misunderstood and expected something you never said was part of it.

Message 17 of 19 (207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 31, 2012

I think the problem here is the assumption that the game will be available at midnight.  However you guys shouldn't be blaming the people posting or questioning their intelligence because of having that assumption.

Almost every other digital distribution platform, including Origin and Steam which are the most popular, have the ability to preload the content days before release and then unlock it at or shortly after midnight.

This is not a failure on peoples impressions, this is the industry standard and if Sony wasn't ready to meet that standard they should have waited until they were ready.  

Message 18 of 19 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I think a perfect idea is too allow you to download something and unlock it for you at midnight. I'd wouldn't mind that at all if they could do that in furture.
Message 19 of 19 (190 Views)