Oct 30 2012
By: endustry94 Lombax Warrior 133 posts

Never Again Will I Purchase a Day-1 Pre-Order on PSN

18 replies 1748 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

So much for looking forward to a midnight release of Day 1 pre-orders...   Next time it's Best Buy or Gamestop.   Oh well, what was I thinking...  Digital release?  Next time I'll purchase from a retail store and re-sell after I complete the game.  Sony fails again...   

If Sony wants Day 1 digital to suceed, then Sony better figure out how to setup sales for the midnight hour...

Go ahead and flame me...  It's not just a matter of being able to play early...  I expected a digital midnight release for VIta pre-order games as I am going out of town this morning... Guess what...???  I won't be able to download my pre-paid in full pre-order until I return this weekend...     I could have bought the game from any retailer...   Now I screwed myself with by expecting Sony to be on "PAR" with other media outlets...

I should have known better...  Sony let down...

Message 1 of 19 (1,748 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Re: Never Again Will I Purchase a Day-1 Pre-Order on PSN

Oct 30, 2012
Well for me, in the middle of a hurricane. Only way to get AC3 at the moment
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 2 of 19 (1,739 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1643 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Ya but why not give the other games the same treatment???
Photobucket
Message 3 of 19 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Keep complaining. If you had any intelligence to the Playstation Store you would know you have to wait for the store to update, which takes some time. So don't act like this fell from the sky and Sony is lying. As Sony states you will get the game on Day One of its release. Which you will, yet you are talking as if Sony has delayed it.

Message 4 of 19 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Whitefire78 wrote:

Keep complaining. If you had any intelligence to the Playstation Store you would know you have to wait for the store to update, which takes some time. So don't act like this fell from the sky and Sony is lying. As Sony states you will get the game on Day One of its release. Which you will, yet you are talking as if Sony has delayed it.

There's a certain standard of quality that one comes to expect with Day 1 digital releases. Its not like a digital release is new in this industry - increasingly its becoming the standard (I don't even remember the last time I put a disk in my computer). So why can't Sony just deliver what we expect?

The game should be downloaded beforehand abd it should unlock at midnight (EST, or PST whichever). When someone's excited enough for a game to pre-order it, I think its safe to assume they want to play it as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 19 (1,702 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I expect someone to buy the game. Go to work, and have it arrive there. Like I said I expect the game to come today.
Message 6 of 19 (1,696 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I expected to wake up early before work today and play an hour or so. Then I expected to come home and immediately start playing, not wait for a download.

If I was a student with no class, or if I was off from work I would expect to be able to spend the whole day playing, as is befitting of a game launch.

Message 7 of 19 (1,694 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I was hoping to play my game today when I woke up. When I purchased pre- order it saI'd to check between 11am to 5pm that my download will be ready. Is 12pm still waiting ... Wile my friends are already outrunning the cops in Most Wanted.. Why cus they when to a retail store likenormal people do!  were is my Game!!!!!   Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 19 (1,684 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 30, 2012

You are absolutely right.  We should have known that because the PS store updates so late that we could not get our games until then.  His and my argument are still valid.  When you say something like Day 1 digital, we have a certain expectation that has been displayed by other digital distributors.  Steam is a great example.  You can preload the game so it is playable at midnight.  I didn't expect the preload option, but I did expect to download it at midnight.  I can understand if it takes a few hours, but to wait until the evening of the day it releases just to begin the download is bad business.

For some reason you think we are trashing Sony.  We bought digital games on PSN obviously we are Sony fans and want to support the program but this program in its current state is not good.  We are offering complaints to try and make the system better.

Message 9 of 19 (1,682 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Belittling somebody’s intelligence does not equate to correctness.  Intelligent thinking would assume that Sony would be competitive with pricing, availability, and customer satisfaction. 

The bottom line is, Day 1 digital is competing with retail stores.  Sony profits from direct sales on the PSN.  Yes, I understand the PSN updates on Tuesday evenings at approximately 19:00 EST.  However, Day 1 digital releases and pre-orders on the PSN are a relatively new marketing promotion on the PSN.  My expectations of Sony’s marketing have been compromised by the lack of industry standards which are offered by retail stores.  As I stated with my initial posting, I do not plan to participate with Day 1 Digital promotions again.  My money will go to the competitor.

Message 10 of 19 (1,679 Views)
0 Likes