First Son
1 posts

Re: Network Sub-account to Master account

Jan 3, 2013

I am having the exact same issue.

I made my account on my dad's ps3 while I was probably 16 or 17 and now that I have my own ps3 and am over 18, I can't add billing information.

This is particularly annoying because I was just gifted a year of PS+ and added it to this sub account, that I thought had been disconnected to the master account. 

I didn't realize this would be such a problem until I tried to add billing info just recently.

There needs to be a way to change your account to a master account when you turn 18. Maybe a user agreement between the account holder and sony? I don't know, but this is very unreasonable and makes no sense at all in its current form. 

I called sony today and the support people said they thought it needed changing, too, but they couldn't do anything to help me. 

I really hope this gets fixed soon. It seems really pointless to have to ask your parents to fund your account when you could do it yourself. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (1,171 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Good to hear that their is people inside Sony who thinks it needs changing too.

They just need to pester management...
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (1,050 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 21, 2013

This needs fixing. 

I can't use facebook and I can't get PS+ because it's not fair I have to use my master (never use it ) account and loose all my progress.

With the PS4 release, this has to be fixed before....I cant do this SUB ACCOUNT stuff for another 10 years....

I never buy dlc for this reason. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (1,022 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 10, 2013

I have this same problem. I got my PS3 in 2009. Being a mnior at the time, my dad made a master account and I made a sub account. Now that I am 18, I am stuck with this sub account. I will not lose hours of time and money just to have all the features that I should have had in the first place. And I also refuse to just keep my accont the way it is. This is just terrible.

Kratos Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (982 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 4, 2013

This has nothing to do with it. The account being a sub account or a master account has nothing to do with gamesharing. A sub can share with two systems and a master can do the same. The purchases are held to either the sub or the master, not duplicated. So if said sub was created to share a game through purchase of the master the master would either have that purchased on the subs download list or its own. When the sub became its own master the download would remain on the download list that it has always been on. While what you're saying was a good guess as to why its not possible to switch its not the reason.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6528 posts

Oct 5, 2013

congrats.. you replied to a thread that was last active on 03-09-2013

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (633 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1098 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

DOH!

Edit: Thread locked for necrobumping.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (605 Views)