Jul 04 2013
By: kumijet First Son 3 posts

Network Pass Questions

[ Edited ]
8 replies 101 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

Hi guys, new to the forum.

Have some questions about how Network Pass works and hope you can help.

1) When buying the game over PSN, is a Network Pass code included? (for example BF3 or Uncharted 3) or do you need to buy it seperately?

2) Is the Network Pass code linked to anything spefic? such as the console or the PSN account? for example; will it allow someone else who uses the same PS3 as me (different PSN account) to play multiplayer mode such as a family member?

3) I also have two PS3's - will the Network Pass allow me to play online on both activated consoles?

Sorry for being confused. I would imagine, hopefully, it works the same way as most DLC. If I download the Catwoman pack for Arkham City for example, it will also allow my brother to use it with his own account.

But Network Pass I'm not sure...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7144 posts

Re: Network Pass Questions

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

kumijet wrote:

Hi guys, new to the forum.

Have some questions about how Network Pass works and hope you can help.

1) When buying the game over PSN, is a Network Pass code included? (for example BF3 or Uncharted 3) or do you need to buy it seperately?

2) Is the Network Pass code linked to anything spefic? such as the console or the PSN account? for example; will it allow someone else who uses the same PS3 as me (different PSN account) to play multiplayer mode such as a family member?

Sorry for being confused. I would imagine, hopefully, it works the same way as most DLC. If I download the Catwoman pack for Arkham City for example, it will also allow my brother to use it with his own account.

But Network Pass I'm not sure...

Thanks!

When you get a game from Playstation Plus that has a Online Pass you recieve it for free.

Please not that when your Playstation Plus expires so will the game until you renew your subscription. 

The Online Pass will be linked to the account you purchased it on.

If you do not have Playstaion Plus you will have to buy the Online Pass seperate.

Welcome to the Playstaion Community Forums!

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Thanks for the fast reply!

I edited my post and added nother question which I forgot to include.

"3) I also have two PS3's - will the Network Pass allow me to play online on both activated consoles?"

I have a console at home which my lil bro uses as well, and a travel console which I take with me when I'm not at home.

I then imagine by your answers being linked to the PSN account, it should be fine?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

kumijet wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply!

I edited my post and added nother question which I forgot to include.

"3) I also have two PS3's - will the Network Pass allow me to play online on both activated consoles?"

I have a console at home which my lil bro uses as well, and a travel console which I take with me when I'm not at home.

I then imagine by your answers being linked to the PSN account, it should be fine?

Thanks!

Yes, but you need to download it on each console. You can only have 2 consoles activated at once.

Yes you would have to have your account on both consoles.

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Thanks very much!

Wow, what a great forum. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

kumijet wrote:

Thanks very much!

Wow, what a great forum. :smileyhappy:

Your very welcome, If you have any other questions feel free to give me a PM or post another thread.

Have a great day.

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6853 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Actually, when you purchase a game from the online store, no online pass is needed, since there is no way to purchase a digital game 'used'.  Some games have the online pass as a separate download, however, but it is still included with the purchase of the game.

MOST online passes for online store-purchased games allow access for all players for the console on which it is installed.  I would say 'all' games, but I don't know that for sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (43 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Actually, when you purchase a game from the online store, no online pass is needed, since there is no way to purchase a digital game 'used'.  Some games have the online pass as a separate download, however, but it is still included with the purchase of the game.

MOST online passes for online store-purchased games allow access for all players for the console on which it is installed.  I would say 'all' games, but I don't know that for sure.

Thats always been the case for me. ( All of my online passes were separate )

Thanks for clearing some things up, Kudos to you

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6853 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:
Thats always been the case for me. ( All of my online passes were separate )

Thanks for clearing some things up, Kudos to you

The download version version of BF3 does not require an online pass 'purchase' or separate download.  It is included in the game's code.  Of course, if I am wrong, the online pass for it (as well as all other EA games) is now free.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (33 Views)