Sep 10 2012
By: dee1191 First Son 1 posts

Netflix sign in

4 replies 106 views Edited Sep 10, 2012
It is so annoying to sign into Netflix. First you have to sign into playstation network, for some stupid reason, then you click on Netflix, that's fine, then Netflix wont work because playstation updates the system once a week, so you have to go back and update the playstation, then reset the system, then go back to Netflix and update that, then reset the system, then you can finally watch the movie, if you arent so fed up that you quit and use a computer. The old method using a cd might have been slightly annoying but it is still way better than this. I think you should either have the option of not signing into psnetwork, or the option of using a cd, the method now is stupid.
Message 1 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: Netflix sign in

Sep 10, 2012

Are you positive that you have to sign into the PlayStation Network in order to access Netflix? Netflix streaming should be based off of an Internet connection, which itself should be acceptable without having your PlayStation 3 account logged in. If you want you could always terminate the automatic sign in so that step is skipped. Then all you would need to do from there is access Netflix, assuming that there's no problems with the Internet connection.

Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)
MVP Support
6918 posts

Sep 10, 2012

You don't need to sign in to PSN to use Netflix.  It worked even during the PSN downtime (it asked a few times though).  I'm always signed in so Netflix is not in any way inconvenient; the app loads and there are the videos.  I've only had to update (PS3 or netflix)  twice since they started offering it.  The CD was much less convenient for me.

Message 3 of 5 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Sep 10, 2012

You dont have to be signed-in to the PSN to use netflix....

If you're having connectivity issues try resetting your modem and router...... I've never had an issue when the PSN was under maintenance. They dont take down all the servers at once ya know, so people can STILL log-in no matter what part of the country you're in. It just might take a little longer

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2666 posts

Sep 10, 2012

you can use it without signing in, you just have to cancel it a few times, but if that dont work, you can sign out of PSN when netflix loads

Message 5 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes