Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Re: Netflix doesn't work?

Feb 24, 2012

Not sure what the problem is. I am using Wifi. Still no bueno.

Kinda a bummer, because other than the occasional freeze up and this Netflix app, everything else is awesome.

I freakin' love the Unit 13 demo. Play through 5 times and tell me it ain't sick. Best score is like 106k so far.

Message 11 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I seem to have no problems ... Tried a few shows and everything jumped right up...

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 12 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Feb 24, 2012

people are saying netflix is slow. I think its their internet that is slow. I have comcast cable HSI blast (30mbps). Netflix runs just fine for me.

Message 13 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Feb 24, 2012

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Why do people assume 3G is good for streaming full on movies and use for online gaming? It's not strong enough, nor is there enough data in a month for people to be doing that.

3G is for the social aspect. Like I've told other people, should've done your research.

This is why I didn't buy a 3G console. There's no point. I have Twitter/Facebook etc on my Blackberry.

Sorry to hear Netflix isn't working though. Have you restarted it by holding the power button for 30 Mississippi seconds?

I love my PS Vita!

Excuse me, but you should not comment on what you have not proven yourself. 3G CAN play Netflix, online game and download just as good as a home Internet speed. I have tethered a phone using 3G before, and played my PS3 online most of the time without any lag at all. I also used it for watching Netflix movies without problems. So yes, 3G CAN be used for those things, its just the limited data that is preventing you from doing so.

Message 14 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Feb 24, 2012

COHEED__ wrote:

I've downloaded it twice, put in my personal info twice etc. Can't get videos to play. It just tells me something about the video not being able to play. And to try another video. Well, I did that. No videos work. So I don't know what the hell.

Also, when it is loading a video the system will go into sleep mode. Then netflix will freeze at the loading screen and not do anything. I have to close it.

Seems like I got one of the Vitas that the Netflix app doesn't work with... like those Canadian fellas.

Anyone else having issues with Netflix? My PS3 and computers all still work. I don't really need Netflix on the vita... but whatever. Nice to know it is there.

And what is the deal with 3g not working with netflix? One word for that... retarded.

Same problem for me. Every movie I play says the same thing: Try another movie. Well that don't work and I want my Netflix. Sony and Netflix need to fix this fast.

Message 15 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Same thing here, and I'm running on 100 Mbps connection, connected via WiFi. I also have a ton of other Netflix enabled devices that work perfectly fine with the service. Definitely appears to be a bug with some users. Possibly region specific?

Message 16 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I have the 3g version, regular launch bundle not the FEB, and I make sure to leave my 3g off, in Settings>Network>Mobile Network Settings, make sure its unchecked. My Netflix works wonderfully, its actually faster than my 360 slim and my laptop and my desktop.

Message 17 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2012

I am having the *SAME* problem!

Netflix had me deactivate/reactive the app (using the cool up up down down left right left right up up up up command) - nothin'

Sony had me delete and reinstall - as if I didn't try that...

I've reformatted both the system and the memory card, rebuilt the database and nothing is working.

I'm on firmware 1.61 - I got a US First Edition Bundle with 3G, waited a week for Netflix to show up in the store and haven't been able to play a single video.

Is everyone that's having this problem also using a FEB?

Should I return the FEB and go buy a launch bundle? 

Doesn't this make my Vita defective?

Message 18 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Hi all,

Noyt sure if this helps any but I've been having the same problems. I havent had the chance to try this yet but I just recieved this email from Sony,

"Please attempt the following steps to assist you with troubleshooting the Internet connection:

• First, Power-Cycle ALL Network Devices:

Unplug ALL of your network devices and equipment, making sure all lights on the modem and router are turned off for two (2) full minutes. Certain VOIP modems (where your telephone is connected to your modem) may have a battery installed. You will need to remove the battery in order for the modem to be completely turned off. Then turn your PS Vita™ back on and set up the Internet connection.

To establish a wireless connection after power-cycling your network devices:

• From the Home screen, tap Settings; then press Start in the Settings application LiveArea.

• Tap the Network option and then select the Wi-Fi Settings option.

• Lastly, select the access point you want to use. In many cases, you will need the information to connect to the access point (the SSID and security information such as the WEP key or WPA key).

Also, to ensure you have the best connection, you will want to check the signal strength and to make sure it is as close to 100% as possible.

More information on connecting the PlayStation®Vita can be found here:

Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3743

If you are trying to connect the PS Vita™ to a 3G connection, we recommend contacting AT&T directly as we unable to troubleshoot the 3G service. For additional AT&T wireless help, please call 1-800-331-0500.

If the above troubleshooting does not resolve the problem, we need you to try connecting your PS Vita™ to another Internet connection such as at a friend or family members house. I do understand this can be quite inconvenient, however this will help determine if the issue is being caused by the current wireless connection.

If it will connect without issue, this indicates that the hardware is working properly to connect to the Internet, but there may be a restriction in the Internet equipment or connection you have been using. If this is the case, we highly recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider to inquire if they have any advice on connecting your PS Vita™ using their connection. I am very sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused.

Again, I truly apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your time and patience, as well as the opportunity to assist you today. You may receive a brief survey regarding this correspondence. If you don't mind, I would love your feedback regarding how I did and the resolution I provided.

Sincerely,

Sarah P.

Consumer Services

1-800-345-7669 "

Hope it helps, I'm gonna try it in a minute.

Message 19 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Feb 25, 2012

I've got the same problem here. Netflix will load up no problem for me but most videos will not play and then tell me there is a problem and to try later. I've tried a bunch of movies and afew have worked but it's for the most part gimped up. Same thing with the Near app. It has never found my location once!

Other devices work without a hitch on my home network so i'm hoping it's just a matter of giving it some time for the glitches to be ironed out. I'm busy enough with the games on my Vita so i'm not freaking out to much about it yet. Still though it does suck that alot of us are having these problems. I'm located in Canada on the east coast btw. Any other Canadians having these problems.

Message 20 of 48 (135 Views)
0 Likes