Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: Netflix doesn't work?

Feb 28, 2012

I did the restore PS Vita system option and it's still not letting me play any of my titles. I think there's seriously need to pull out this and fix it. Just like how they're doing with the Facebook app.

Message 41 of 48 (290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 28, 2012

GAMINGSMYLIFE wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Why do people assume 3G is good for streaming full on movies and use for online gaming? It's not strong enough, nor is there enough data in a month for people to be doing that.

3G is for the social aspect. Like I've told other people, should've done your research.

This is why I didn't buy a 3G console. There's no point. I have Twitter/Facebook etc on my Blackberry.

Sorry to hear Netflix isn't working though. Have you restarted it by holding the power button for 30 Mississippi seconds?

I love my PS Vita!

Excuse me, but you should not comment on what you have not proven yourself. 3G CAN play Netflix, online game and download just as good as a home Internet speed. I have tethered a phone using 3G before, and played my PS3 online most of the time without any lag at all. I also used it for watching Netflix movies without problems. So yes, 3G CAN be used for those things, its just the limited data that is preventing you from doing so.

Doesn't much matter if it "can" be done if they wont let you on the vita anyway does it?

Message 42 of 48 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I might have found something that could be working for you all and perhaps most of you have your video quality to good quality. If you're the one who is getting a message saying this, "We're having trouble playing this title...blah blah blah" then you should try this:

1. Use a computer and go to netflix.com
  2. log in to your account
  3. Click "Your Account & Help"
  4. Scroll down and under "settings", click "Manage video quality"
  5. Choose "Better Quality (up to 0.7 GB per hour)"
  6. Click save
  7. Launch netflix app from your PS Vita and choose a title
  8. Try playing it and it should start playing

It seems that, for me, it won't let me play any titles if my setting is on good quality. I hope they still fix this and still have me and perhaps others play in good quality because I prefer that option.

UPDATE:

Uh, oh. After setting the video quality to better quality and I tried playing Honey & Clover, it gave me that message again. Then after a few tries, my PS Vita crashed. Perhaps I should try Best Quality setting later if works better. Still, I think Sony needs to fix Netflix app because I still prefer watching the titles under good quality.

Message 43 of 48 (290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 29, 2012

MarkakaJin wrote:

I might have found something that could be working for you all and perhaps most of you have your video quality to good quality. If you're the one who is getting a message saying this, "We're having trouble playing this title...blah blah blah" then you should try this:

1. Use a computer and go to netflix.com
  2. log in to your account
  3. Click "Your Account & Help"
  4. Scroll down and under "settings", click "Manage video quality"
  5. Choose "Better Quality (up to 0.7 GB per hour)"
  6. Click save
  7. Launch netflix app from your PS Vita and choose a title
  8. Try playing it and it should start playing

It seems that, for me, it won't let me play any titles if my setting is on good quality. I hope they still fix this and still have me and perhaps others play in good quality because I prefer that option.

UPDATE:

Uh, oh. After setting the video quality to better quality and I tried playing Honey & Clover, it gave me that message again. Then after a few tries, my PS Vita crashed. Perhaps I should try Best Quality setting later if works better. Still, I think Sony needs to fix Netflix app because I still prefer watching the titles under good quality.

I can confim that changing my quality from good to either better or best got netflix working on my vita. Stopped giving me the Could not play this title message. Thanks!

Message 44 of 48 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Feb 29, 2012

AWESOME!!! So I went to Netflix and changed the picture quality to "BETTER" and it WORKS!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Not even Sony could tell me how to fix it lol.

Message 45 of 48 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Mhm. I gotta point out again that changing the quality setting isn't a guarantee that will play ALL titles this way because like I said on my previous post, I somehow couldn't play Honey & Clover after changing the quality setting from good to better. I haven't tried best quality. For now, this is a way I know that it will work. I still want Sony and Netflix to fix the app so that most of us can play all titles in good quality streaming, preferably.

Message 46 of 48 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Changing quality to 2/3 option seems to have fixed my issues with the not playing videos. THANK YOU! it was driving me insane..

Message 47 of 48 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

Can Someone please  enlighten me on why Netflix service is not available to some countires (Philippines) ?   I have a US PSN acoount. It still does not work , i guess it is detecting  the IP add is from a different place. Helpful Replies are much appreciated. Robot Happy

Message 48 of 48 (114 Views)
0 Likes