Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Netflix doesn't work?

Feb 26, 2012

Mines working great as well, loads up movies in about 5 seconds, and can fastforward and rewind no problem, no lag, actually better than my 360 and laptop/desktop.

Oh and i have a 3g version Vita, but i leave the 3g off and use wifi.

Edit: my isp is Comcast

Message 31 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
omf
Splicer
62 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Mine isn't working, either, but I can't even connect.

The very first time I tried it, I connected and was able to see my queue.  I didn't try viewing a movie at that time, though.

Ever since that first time, it won't connect at all.  Says "press this button to try again", but the button does nothing, and you just have to close the app and restart it.

I've tried removing and reinstalling, but the same problem persists.

And, yes, Netflix works fine on the same network using PS3, laptop, desktop, iPhone or iPad - so it's not a network issue.

Message 32 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
958 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Though Netflix is slow and lags when using controls, it still works. Hope they speed it up to iPhone/iPad interface speeds. Afterall the PS Vita is more powerful than both of them.

Message 33 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Well guys, I still have the issue. i can get Netflix on my PS3, my two laptops, and my desktop. But not the VITA.

this is something that will require a patch I'm sure. I have the FEB with 1.61 installed.

I went throught the cycling process, but it shouldn't be necessary. It isn't a problem with connecting to the internet. I can browse the titles just fine, and can surf the net. Hopefully this will be fixed in the coming weeks. I'm not too stressed about it.

But it also needs to work with 3g enabled. There is ZERO reason why I shouldn't be able to use the data I've purchased to play movies. I can do it on my phone 3g network.

Message 34 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Feb 28, 2012

My Netflix issue has been resolved! I was having the same issue as most people within this thread where the error message would pop up saying that "the title could not be played at this time please try again later". I contacted Sony about the problem and they recommended that I did a system restore and redownload Netflix. I was sure it wouldn't work but it did.

Here are the steps on how to perform the task.

I would like you to enter safe mode and choose option 4 (Restore the PS Vita™ System). This restore the PS Vita's™ current firmware to its default state. Please ensure you have removed your memory card and game card before performing this step. To activate safe mode, press and hold the following buttons while it is OFF (not standby) for 5 seconds:"R" button + PS button + Power button.

After you have performed this step please re-download Netflix and try again. If this does not resolve the issue I would like you to troubleshoot your network connection. I have included steps on how to do this below.

I hope this helps everyone else as it did for me

Message 35 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Feb 28, 2012

fellow canadian dewller here, same deal.

"cannot play this content right now yadda yadda yadda"

calling netfix just get s you a typical responce ankin to it being my internets fault although it works on every other device i have with the abilty to play from netflix

Message 36 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Did the system restore, still not playing videos. "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title."

It gets like 99% loaded before saying that. GRRRRRRR!

Message 37 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 28, 2012

mine is working okay, the first time i started netflix though it basically froze so i closed it and reopened it and its working fine now.

Message 38 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Netflix loads up great, and the menu works fine. the only issue is playing titles.

Broken on my Vita.

Message 39 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Ah helll just load up your 4g phone and use that for net use heck with ATnT .

Message 40 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes