Splicer
56 posts

Re: Netflix doesn't work?

Feb 25, 2012

Same here (Canadian; Ontario) -- WiFi Vita, Netflix loads fine, but every time I try to play something it displays the error message "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please pick another title or try again later." Both picking another title and trying again later haven't worked yet. Also have not been able to get Near recognize my location but I haven't spent enough time with that app to really know if it isn't working or I'm not using it right.

I am able to get on to the store, the web, access the Map feature, friends list, etc. -- all the other connectivity features work fine and dandy. The system has been in the wild for 3 days so I don't expect it to be completely without issue but I would appreciate transparency from Sony.

Message 21 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 25, 2012

I called and they said I had an internet connection problem.. hmmmmm, works fine on my Wii, PS3 and xbox 360. one of the main reasons I shelled out $249+++ was to watch netfix anywhere. Has anyone has heard of a fix, or if they are even working on this issue

Message 22 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8881 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Not like a had a choice anyway since we only have the wifi version up in Canada.

Message 23 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Still not working, no word from sony or netflix, getting frustrating. It is NOT my internet.

Message 24 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Hey not sure if it's still a problem but netflix is working for me. Took forever to load but it ends up working. Using wifi

Message 25 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Same issue here. I am in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

Can get netflix to work fine on my Apple TV, My Android Phone, My Laptop, My Tablet, but my Vita is a no go.

Not sure what the issue is. The app loads and shows all available titles but not a single one of them will play.

I get the same error as referenced above.

Totally aggrevating!

Message 26 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Brantford ontario here, same thing will not work, pc/iphone/ps3/3ds all work fine.. vita wont always spits unable to play try another or later. every since launch..  power cycled all devices and settings.

Message 27 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Netflix is working just fine for me. Better than fine. Great actually. Everything looks awesome on the Vita.

Message 28 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2012

I received my Vita on Friday. Netflix has been deleted and re-installed numerous times. I CAN connect to Netflix and see my queue. I can select a movie/TV Show. It starts to load and THEN I get the message that it is "unavailable" and select another movie. It doesn't matter how many different videos you select YOU GET THE SAME MESSAGE EVERYTIME IT STARTS TO LOAD. So it has NOTHING to do with the internet connection. I can play Netflix over my wifi connection on my iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, PS3 and Roku box. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE VITA. Please address this issue. I have spoken to Sony Support and they have said this is a KNOWN issue. Please let us know what the problem is and when it will be fixed.

Message 29 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Feb 26, 2012

It works fine for me. I have Time Warner Cable as my ISP and never had any problems with them using apps like Netflix that have high transfer trafic .

...My Hamster told me to!
Message 30 of 48 (91 Views)
0 Likes