Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Netflix app problem, I'M SIGNED ON THE WRONG ACCOUNT

Oct 27, 2010

JERM7 wrote:

Some people have asked why it doesn't ask for sign in information; it didn't for me either.  I don't think it's linked to your PSN account, but my guess is that since it's stored in your Netflix settings, not only on the PS3, it still works.  Anyone who used the disc at some point had to sign in to Netflix and activate the PS3 for their account (which was hard to get working, for me at least).  Anyway, if you look at your netflix account you can see whether any devices are activated for that account, so it probably still recognizes the PS3 and does not require you to sign in.  It might have something to do with the email, e.g. if your email is the same it doesn't have you sign in, but if it was different they make you sign in at least once.  But I have no idea how OP's problem happened.

This actually made me think of something.  To those who have had friends link their Netflix accounts to your PS3, try asking them to change their Netflix password on the website.  Perhaps after they make the change and you fire up the Netflix app you will be prompted with the sign-in prompt again.

Not sure if it will work, but might be worth a try.

Message 21 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 27, 2010

Hold start + select while Netflix is loading up (press down before you even see the red Netflix screen and hold). A message will pop up asking if you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register.

Message 22 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2010

Howdy everyone,

I think I have a solution here for everyone. I had a similar issue (roommate registered with the disc, I wanted my account on there, but no way to sign him out, even AFTER he deactivated). I called Netflix support and without missing a beat they provided me with instructions on how to do this within 3 minutes. I will relay the information exactly as I got it.

1. Scroll to Video menu in XMB
  2. Scroll to BD Data Utility
  3. Triangle
  4. X (Delete)
  5. Scroll to Netflix App, wait for it to load
  6. Slowly, hit: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. No, I'm not kidding.
  7. Yeah, you'll be shaking your head here that that worked, and now you're looking at a big "DEACTIVATE" button.
  8. Deactivate the old account, and it'll soon ask you to sign in with your own account. DO IT.
Hope this helps, everyone! I'm guessing they just didn't have training before, and now they do (I used to work tech support, it happens way more than you think). 

Message 23 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 27, 2010

Catsillo,

Worked like a charm!   Thanks for the posting!   Now I can see my own instant queue!

Message 24 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 27, 2010

catsilo you ROCK, when i saw that direction code you wrote i was like /facepalm but decided to try it and its freakin true. why do they make you do some crazy code to deactivate. again, you rock and i hope this helps everyone else, worled for me.

Message 25 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2010

Wow! I can't believe that code actually worked! Thank you!

Message 26 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 30, 2010

Cracked:  I did two things, one of them worked.  The reason I'm sharing both is because I did not troubleshoot in between.

1. I changed the email address associated to my PSN account.  I think this is the likely culprit, and I'm not sure why.  Make sure that you delete the BD and game data, and delete the Netflix app BEFORE you change the email address.  If you don't have a separate email address, you might just create one, change it in PSN to test the Netflix App and then change it after your Netflix works right.

The next thing I also did, but I don't know if this is what worked, nor do I recommend it.  I was just pissed and got risky.

2.  When downloading the Netflix App (after changing email), I flipped the switch in the back of the PS3 when the download was about halfway through.

After I booted up and redownloaded the Netflix App, this time starting the app resulted in prompts to confirm Netflix membership and log in to whatever account you choose.

Message 27 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 30, 2010
Dear God, the Almost-Konami Code actually worked. Thanks!
Message 28 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Nov 1, 2010

That code is ridiculous but it really does work.  I didn't have a problem but I had to check it out; I couldn't find a way to get there otherwise (e.g. just pushing up twice, the overall effect) but the code works.

Message 29 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2010

Worked like a charm .. thanks  catsilo

catsilo wrote:

Howdy everyone,

I think I have a solution here for everyone. I had a similar issue (roommate registered with the disc, I wanted my account on there, but no way to sign him out, even AFTER he deactivated). I called Netflix support and without missing a beat they provided me with instructions on how to do this within 3 minutes. I will relay the information exactly as I got it.

1. Scroll to Video menu in XMB
  2. Scroll to BD Data Utility
  3. Triangle
  4. X (Delete)
  5. Scroll to Netflix App, wait for it to load
  6. Slowly, hit: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. No, I'm not kidding.
  7. Yeah, you'll be shaking your head here that that worked, and now you're looking at a big "DEACTIVATE" button.
  8. Deactivate the old account, and it'll soon ask you to sign in with your own account. DO IT.
Hope this helps, everyone! I'm guessing they just didn't have training before, and now they do (I used to work tech support, it happens way more than you think). 

Message 30 of 40 (436 Views)
0 Likes