16 posts

Re: Netflix app problem, I'M SIGNED ON THE WRONG ACCOUNT

Nov 2, 2010

Or you could simply

1.Sign into the account that your connected to on netflix.com

2. Click Your Account & Help

3. WATCHING INSTANTLY ON YOUR TV OR COMPUTER Section

4. Manage Netflix ready devices and computers

5. Deactive account and log into a new one.

SyntheticDetox
Message 31 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2010

O.....M.....G
I can't believe that actually worked. LOL Thank you so much catsilo.
I have tried everything. I deleted BD data (which is useless now since you can't use the disc anymore).  I deleted Game Data, and the app.  Deactivated from the website. Reinstalled the app.  And it would instantly automatically reactivate on the old account.
I have tried many varieties of this, along with waiting periods before I reinstalled the app, after deactivation.
I finally found your response.  Even though very unbelievable, it worked like a charm.
After deactivating, It allowed me to re-login with my account.
Interesting bit of information I found out though.
On my old friends account that I had previously, it had the the design that was shown on many reviews of the new Netflix app on PS3.
However on my new roommates account, it has the completely different design, that has the ability of playing previews of the movies.
At first I thought it was PS3 specific, because he has the Newer PS3 slim, and I have a PS3 80Gig.
So my PS3 had the original design shown in reviews, where he had the new design with previews available.
Both said Netflix version 2.0
After I switched accounts, it switched designs as well.   My PS3s netflix design, switched to the one he had on his account (with previews). 
This design has reviews and information about the movie on the right side of the screen.  If select a movie, it comes up with the preview and options to play, resume, add from queue, rating, audio and subtitles.
Therefore, the different designs are not different per PS3s, but different per Netflix accounts. 
Again, many thanks catsillo.

catsilo wrote:

Howdy everyone,

I think I have a solution here for everyone. I had a similar issue (roommate registered with the disc, I wanted my account on there, but no way to sign him out, even AFTER he deactivated). I called Netflix support and without missing a beat they provided me with instructions on how to do this within 3 minutes. I will relay the information exactly as I got it.

1. Scroll to Video menu in XMB
  2. Scroll to BD Data Utility
  3. Triangle
  4. X (Delete)
  5. Scroll to Netflix App, wait for it to load
  6. Slowly, hit: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. No, I'm not kidding.
  7. Yeah, you'll be shaking your head here that that worked, and now you're looking at a big "DEACTIVATE" button.
  8. Deactivate the old account, and it'll soon ask you to sign in with your own account. DO IT.
Hope this helps, everyone! I'm guessing they just didn't have training before, and now they do (I used to work tech support, it happens way more than you think). 

Message 32 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 3, 2010

To everyone who thanked me, thanks! I mean, you're welcome! ^_^ Especially JERM7, thanks for the Kudos

SyntheticDetox, that would certainly be the logical way to do that, and the way a lot of us (incorrectly) assumed it should be done. For whatever reason, that process simply didn't work for us. My roommate deactivated his account using that process weeks ago when I bought the PS3 from him, but it didn't...do anything, really. Quite annoying. Does it work for you? Like, if you deactivate from Netflix.com, does it ask you to sign in when you go to your PS3? Just curious if there's a pattern, so here are my details:

PS3 Slim (160GB? I dunno, the lesser one, I just ripped the HD out anyway)

Started Netflix streaming with the disc (Roommate's Netflix)

Deactivated roommate's Netflix account (Roommate's Netflix)

Downloaded new Netflix app

Netflix app automatically signed in to roommate'saccount, despite not even using the disc anymore

Called Netflix, they gave me those crazy f'n instructions

EVERYTHING WORKS GLORY BE

Anyone have any luck without using the Fauxnami Code?

Message 33 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Nov 4, 2010

Who cares, get movies and have someone els pay for them.

Message 34 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2010

Un-freaking-believable.  The code actually works.  How dumb is this that they make it so hard?  There should just be a "Change Account" selection right next to "Delete." I bought a used PS3 and was able to watch movies on the old owner's account.  Beware of this if you ever sell yours, DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.

Message 35 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 13, 2010

WOW... I'M having the same problem with the new NHL GAMECENTER app lauched yesterday for PS3.

I have an old membership with them and my PS3 keeps logging that account.

I will try your fix beacause i think i'm on to something here...

I keep getting this error when trying to PAIR the device (PS3) with my real account with GAMECENTER

Connect Callback : Invalid retured xm1 value: Object node: Function not defined.

WOW!!! I pretty sure its similar to the netflix problem...Do you think so?

TX in advance

Message 36 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2011

I had to try the Fauxnami Code just because I didn't believe it would actually work, but it DID!!  That's halarious and very difficult.  I don't understand why there isn't just an option to deactive right inside of the app.  Anyway's Just wanted to post this because I found this article after I already solved the problem of deactivating a ps3 netflix account.  While the Fauxnami code does work, there is actually a much easier way of doing this.  Someone already posted it here, but it seems like no one saw it or listened so I thought I'd post it again. Go to the netflix app and click "X" to launch the app.  As soon as you click "X", hold the Start+Select buttons at the same time (do this immediantly, before the red loading screen appears).  A message will pop up asking if you want to reset your netflix settings and re-register with a different account.  That's it, your done!  Hope this helps people. 

Message 37 of 39 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I am also having the same problem. I put MY email addrsess and MY password in and I am getting my son's girlfriend's account :smileysad:

Message 38 of 39 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 10, 2013
This worked for me
Message 39 of 39 (137 Views)
0 Likes