Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Netflix app problem, I'M SIGNED ON THE WRONG ACCOUNT

Oct 22, 2010

JRZ782A wrote:

I am having this same issue. I just created a Netflix account today and now cannot sign into it. A few months ago my cousin decided to load his Netflix dvd into my PS3 and while I get the log in screen I can typ ein anyhing and still get his Account. I have tried deleteing the BD Utility Data, the Game Utility Date because there is a Netflix icon there and even the program itself. My next thought was that somehow his Netflix account was linked to my PSN account but I found no options about this.

So I am totally stumped. I have no clue how to solve this. I sent Support a message, but I feel they will just tell me I used the wrong category.

I called Support for both Sony and Netflix, and they're blaming it on each other. Neither of them know what to do, I had been on the phone with both of them for over 3 hours total.

This is freaking outrageous.

Follow me: @awsaim

I'm connected to all or most popular social media!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3219 posts

Oct 22, 2010

Awsaim wrote:

JRZ782A wrote:

I am having this same issue. I just created a Netflix account today and now cannot sign into it. A few months ago my cousin decided to load his Netflix dvd into my PS3 and while I get the log in screen I can typ ein anyhing and still get his Account. I have tried deleteing the BD Utility Data, the Game Utility Date because there is a Netflix icon there and even the program itself. My next thought was that somehow his Netflix account was linked to my PSN account but I found no options about this.

So I am totally stumped. I have no clue how to solve this. I sent Support a message, but I feel they will just tell me I used the wrong category.

I called Support for both Sony and Netflix, and they're blaming it on each other. Neither of them know what to do, I had been on the phone with both of them for over 3 hours total.

This is freaking outrageous.

They are idiots, they should have done an actual beta test before release.

Something like i don't know an open beta test.

That way they could have tested it on every system, to see what happens.

But we found out what happens, and this isn't sony's fault.

They just turned the app on, they don't supply the service nor the servers.

So it falls back to netflix.

Photobucket

750GB SSHD :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 23, 2010

I got the same problem...still wating

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 24, 2010

Same exact problem here too.  There's no one to change from my sister's account to my own, even though she's deactivated my PS3.  It just prompts me to reactivate her account when I boot Netflix up on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 24, 2010

I got the same problem. I was with Netflix help desk and 2nd level technical support. Finally the technical support guy gave up and said to contact PS3 support. Does anyone got the solution to this problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3219 posts

Oct 24, 2010

Obviously not, or the problem would be solved by now.

I don't have to reactivate it on mine.

I can delete the app and save data, from my ps3 and my account.

Then reinstall the app, and it just goes right into my netflix account.

Really weird if you ask me, it's like our account is saved on the psn servers now.

Photobucket

750GB SSHD :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Oct 25, 2010

hjason1 wrote:

Obviously not, or the problem would be solved by now.

I don't have to reactivate it on mine.

I can delete the app and save data, from my ps3 and my account.

Then reinstall the app, and it just goes right into my netflix account.

Really weird if you ask me, it's like our account is saved on the psn servers now.

Wait so after you did that, it let you sign in on the right account?

Because they told me to create a new user, and account and then I would be able to sign in on my own Netflix account, but it ended up signing me back onto the wrong one. :/

Follow me: @awsaim

I'm connected to all or most popular social media!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 26, 2010

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Awsaim wrote:

I've tried deleting the same Netflix Game Utility Data a million times,but it keeps signing me in the wrong account. I had already deleted the BD Data fpr it too, but it' still not working correctly.

Why is there no upfront Sign-in and Sign-out? =_=

This is really starting to bug me, dont release something if you cant properly login and out of it.

I am assuming you mean the BD Data folder, since there is no Netflix game data.  Anyway, did you try deleting the whole folder?

If that doesn't work then you are going to want to contact Netflix, since it appears that your account is crossed up with someone else's.

Actually, there is Netflix game data now. There wasn't before, but there is now, and deleting it does nothing for me. I emptied the BD Data folder, deleted the game data, deleted the program itself., tried holding start and select at startup so that I could re-register (it asks if I want to and then it doesn't let me), and nothing works. The person who had the ps3 before me deactivated the system from their account over a week ago.. Netflix customer service had no idea what to tell me other than to just try it later and see if it works then. This is completely ridiculous!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 26, 2010

I agree with how ridiculous this is!  I was trying out Netflix with my friends account using the Disk sent from Netflix, but I recently signed up for my own account.  Now no matter how many times I delete the BD Data, the Game Data, Uninstall the app and Reinstall, hold Start Select, deactivate my PS3 on his Netflix account (because it seems to automatically be reactivating on his account)...it wont work.  I did the same thing with my Sony Blu-Ray player in the bedroom and it worked fine.  It attempted to reactivate on his account, but when I ignored it, it gave me a new code to activate on my account.  My friend and his wife don't really care if I use their instant stream, but I'd like to have my own now.

I guess from what I've read it's not worth calling Netflix customer support.  Hopefully someone gets this figured out soon or this 1 month free trial will be the end of my Netflix adventure.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Oct 26, 2010

Some people have asked why it doesn't ask for sign in information; it didn't for me either.  I don't think it's linked to your PSN account, but my guess is that since it's stored in your Netflix settings, not only on the PS3, it still works.  Anyone who used the disc at some point had to sign in to Netflix and activate the PS3 for their account (which was hard to get working, for me at least).  Anyway, if you look at your netflix account you can see whether any devices are activated for that account, so it probably still recognizes the PS3 and does not require you to sign in.  It might have something to do with the email, e.g. if your email is the same it doesn't have you sign in, but if it was different they make you sign in at least once.  But I have no idea how OP's problem happened.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes