Highlighted
Nov 23 2012
By: Chestnut1648 First Son 7 posts

Netflix and YouTube

6 replies 115 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

How come when I use netflix it never buffers, but it does load at the beginning as always to start the movie but when I use youtube it likes to buffer alot and yes my internet is a little slow but when I use youtube on my computer it loads it pretty quick and I don't want any smart **bleep** who say "why don't you just watch youtube on your computer?" my answer "because i don't want to.

Message 1 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Netflix and YouTube

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Chestnut1648 wrote:

How come when I use netflix it never buffers, but it does load at the beginning as always to start the movie but when I use youtube it likes to buffer alot and yes my internet is a little slow but when I use youtube on my computer it loads it pretty quick and I don't want any smart **bleep** who say "why don't you just watch youtube on your computer?" my answer "because i don't want to.

Because you are downloading data through a Proxy aka the PSN's servers which could be in a different ppart of the country than where you are vs using a PC where you connect to a local service provider that has a data center in your city/county

Its common knowledge that the PSN has mediocre bandwidth. This is what you get out of a FREE service. So don't complain too much.

Either you can put up with the flaws with the apps and the PSN, OR you can use your PC.... im sure your PC has an HDMI output to connect to your HDTV.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7029 posts

Nov 24, 2012

The You tube app runs of a Specific peering link not the.port 80. They are not going to pay out for extra servers if the load is not high enough to stop 720p from working. 

This peeriong link will not have been white listed by ISPs... so will remain restricted by most Third party peering companies that actualy provide the internet...

The you tube app only runs at 720p So as long as the Peering done by the Third party Is above 4Mb/s then no videos will need rebuffering.

Youtubes rotating circle means communication not buffering.

Buffering is the grey bar on the Time bar of the app.....  if you run out of buffered content the app freezes untill either enough buffers or it forces another request in which case you get the communication circle.. 

Youtube PS3 companion app.
(Not stand alone app. You need another PC browser device to do ALL account management)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zutulld95zrmpwt/YouTube%20PS3%20companion%20app.m4v

Netflix also has Varible quality streaming were it will actualy start at Realy low quality and then switch up to the setting you have. 

During the transfer screen.... 

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 3 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7029 posts

Nov 24, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Either you can put up with the flaws with the apps and the PSN, OR you can use your PC.... im sure your PC has an HDMI output to connect to your HDTV.

HDMI don't you mean thunderbolt.  

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Message 4 of 7 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

GraphiteGB wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HDMI don't you mean thunderbolt.  

No. Not all  Windows PC's come with thunderbolt yet, well from the big box stores anyway.

plus thunder bolt is EXPENSIVE, and I dont know of any HDTV's that have thunderbolt. Only a few Asus and Gigabyte mobos, and I think Intel have TB ports (at least one port) currently. And if Apple licenses it out to more companies, we might see it come lower in price over time. The duplex 10Gbps throughput is just too much to ignore. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Thank goodness I hate YouTube. Still a app should not be that bad.
Message 6 of 7 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7029 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

tonyr6idt wrote:
Thank goodness I hate YouTube. Still a app should not be that bad.

Its not...

its a companion app to PC browser.

You can use it on  a PC/ by using the LEANBACK version of youtube... https://www.youtube.com/tv#/browse  over port 80..

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Message 7 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes